11-12-2006, 02:46 PM
^%#& Michigan!

Lonskils
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
ohio has no fucking chance in this world or the next, sorry haik

BobDole901
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
ohio has no fucking chance in this world or the next, sorry haik

Lons, stay off the meds before you post.

Gheltire
11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I blame Rutgers for the hangover this weekend for UT and AU :(

Gheltire
11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
and Craig Fucking James for answering "what does KSU have to do tonight to beat UT?" with a laugh and saying "if Colt McCoy goes to the other sideline or gets hurt or something"

Lonskils
11-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Sorry my step dad is a mich alumni have to go with them + I really don't think ohio as much of a shot against them, they are one impressive fucking team!

Talas
11-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Michigan is getting beat - they aren't as good and they're playing in Columbus...

hordesbaine
11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
question:

what do you call michigan without the contributions of ohio?

answer:

purdue

Zobb
11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow, Bo died on the eve of the biggest game of the year, crazy. I wonder if Mich will be demoralized or inspired?

hordesbaine
11-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Good game Michigan... I love to hate you.

Talas
11-18-2006, 08:28 PM
0.o

BobDole901
11-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Good game Michigan... I love to hate you.

QFT.

Lons, suck it. Suck it long and suck it hard.

Lonskils
11-19-2006, 04:03 AM
This game really didn't prove anything to me, it was a toss up until the last 3 mins of the game, to say different is you trying to fool yourself. Hope these two meet again in the championship game, was best game I've seen all year.

Vidmer
11-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Truly an incredible game. So incredible that I watched it to the end and missed the first 10 minutes of VT's domination of Wake. This was football overload Saturday.

Forty
11-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Hope these two meet again in the championship game

First off, I think Michigan was allowed to stay more in the game because of the three turn-overs. Michigan played their best game, while Ohio State did not.

Secondly, I would be in favor of rematches like this if there were a play-off system. I really don't like the idea of the National Champion that didn't win their conference. I know in other college sports (Texas in baseball, UCONN men/women in basketball) this has happened but they have play-offs. ***But it looks like a rematch may happen...so far the Coaches have Michigan at number 3 (down one spot) and the Sargin ranking has them third (down two spots). Florida drops one spot in the coaches poll which hurts them big time. USC jumps two spots to Second***

Michigan this year, Nebraska, and OU in past years...just seems dumb.

Hell, in the current system, a team that doesn't even win their division or even play in the their Conference Championship game (Nebraska, and this year Auburn had they not lost the second game) could end up as National Champion.

In my mind, without a play-off, you should atleast have won your conference (Nevermind Notre Dame isn't in a conference). I would rather see the games decided on the field rather than in the media, coaches, or computers. Use the rankings to seed the teams for the play-offs.

Here's something else to think about with our current system as well...that in the computer polls, some take into consideration where the games were played and whether the team that won was the favored. Michigan will not take as much of a hit with these for losing AWAY and being considered the underdog. While Texas took a huge hit for losing to Ohio State at home and being favored (which made no sense to me anyway). This also means that Texas and Oklahoma don't get as much of a benefit for winning because the Texas-OU game is played at a Neutral site. So, in theory, Texas or Oklahoma could be prevented from going to the National Championship game because it's not a home/home series. Makes no sense at all.

hordesbaine
12-03-2006, 02:51 PM
It might be that time of year again... again. Guess we will find out tonight.

hordesbaine
12-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Guess not, Ohio state will just have to kill some gators and make new boots with them.

Dakyras
12-04-2006, 01:21 AM
UCLA should be strung up as traitors to the pac10 and nuked ( low yield to spare university of south central)... but alas the pac10 cannabilized itself this year /sigh. But in all honesty it was a bunch of mediocre teams. Was happy to see OSU beat hawaii though. That can be a tough venue to play in.

Angelie
12-04-2006, 09:56 AM
hehe - my friends feel the same way, as the only reason UCLA wanted to beat USC was because they are mortal enemies... to some - that is enough of a reason. it's sad we wont have a rep for the nationals - but then again, we stomped the losing streak...let alone the #2 football team in the nation.

Gheltire
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
bah cannibalize? be glad none of us are SEC. While the Pac 10,Big 12, and Big 10 perenially toss up 1-2 contenders, the SEC is pretty much the ACC of basketball, if you run the table you did something, whether the BCS rewards you or not.

I must admit I was hoping to see Rutgers get a BCS game. That's the one team that gave off that small school March Madness feel, you know that given a perfect season, even a team that fields 26 guys and a faculty member doing part time duty as a mascot could win it all.

playoff please!

(oh and for the weak of heart, real conferences have championship games so as not to preserve a record...ask Michigan about the costs of being idle for 2 weeks and no last week of the season matchup with a championship caliber team)

Thlayli
12-06-2006, 02:23 AM
As one of the Gators in Hoss, I feel compelled to chime in here.

1. Yes, I feel the Gators deserve a shot at the Mythical voted on Title
1a. Yes, I also believe Michigan deserves a shot at the Mythical voted on Title.
1b. Yes, I can have that opinion. It is possible for two teams to deserve the same reward. I think a UF/UM game would be fantastic! I feel the UF/OSU game will be just as fantastic.
1c. Bottom line (IMHO) is the Gators were (rightly) ranked ahead of Michigan because of a harder schedule. The Gators beat three top 20 teams while Michigan beat 2. The three top 20 teams the Gators beat have a collective 5 wins against that same top 20. The 2 teams michigan beat have 0 wins against the top 20. It comes down to the quality of the wins you have. (FYI: I am using the final BCS rankings for Top 20)

2. Anyone who claims to like College Football and has been watching it for the last 20 years knows that the term "Champion" can **NEVER** be associated with the term "National". Because a true Champion is never voted a Champion. Champions win Titles on the Field or on the court or on the ice.... etc... take your pick!

College Football NEEDS a playoff!

Talas
12-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Gators stole our coach. May you suffer a painful defeat from Troy Smith and the rest of the Buckeyes...

Thlayli
12-06-2006, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't call it stealing. UF paid him a LOT to go to Florida!

OK... it was more of a bribe!

I did notice that ESPN had the US divided into pro Michigan and pro Florida states. Utah was Pro-Florida :)

BobDole901
12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Michigan is a better team than Florida. It's a shame that the vote was simply against the rematch rather than for the better game.

But Florida had a stronger schedule? No. Preseason rankings are bullshit and they're a reason that it appears they did. Florida had no challenge outside of the SEC (Southern Miss, UCF, Florida Sate and Western Carolina were their out of conference opponents). So what about the T25 teams they beat IN the SEC. Tennessee is the only one of the with a out-of-conference quality win (over Cal). The SEC did beat itself up with no team showing complete dominance. This, however, infers parity, it does not conclude a strong division.

Well, Michigan already had their chance: So did Texas. If Texas's only loss of the year was to the Buckeyes, if they had gone on to win the Big12, and if whatever reason else you want to claim the Wolverines aren't as deserving as Florida to be in the big game (strength of schedule, school colors, cock sizes...) applied to Texas, would you feel so free to vote against them in the title game? They had their chance too, pass it on to someone else.

I guess it's a shame that college football's greatest rivalry is the most important game of the year and therefore played as the last game of the season. Yeah, I'm more of a fan of a challenge and a good game, as opposed to something different.

Thlayli
12-07-2006, 11:28 AM
I would challenge your opinion that UF's schedule is not more difficult than Michigan's.

I agree UF's out of conference schedule is not overly strong. But what was Michigan's OOC schedule? Vanderbilt, C. Michigan, N Dame and Ball St.

ND is the only school worth mentioning in that lot and in my *personal* opinion, this years FSU team (which is 6-6 in a very weak ACC) would beat them. ND is *NOT* a BCS worthy team and if they played in any of the big 5 conferences they'd have at least 4 to 6 losses. LSU will utterly destroy them in the Sugar Bowl.

Two of UF's OOC games were against teams that are going to a Bowl Game (Southern Miss and FSU). Say what you want about FSU (I know I take every opportunity to berate them :) ) their season was very sub-par, but they have more talent on their team than most of the teams ranked from 11-25.

I agree with you that pre-season ranking are total BS. But as I mentioned in my previous post, Using the final BCS rankings, UF went 3-1 against teams ranked in the top 20 - Michigan went 2-1. The three teams UF beat have a combined 5 wins against that same final BCS top 20 ranked teams - the two Michigan beat have 0 (Zero) wins.

So, we agree that pre-season rankings are bogus, but what about the final rankings? Are they just as bogus?

I do not believe either of us will budge from our opinion. I feel UF should be given the chance to play OSU, you feel Michigan should. Neither of us will be able to say with certainty that "our" team is better because they will never play each other. And that is a very sad fact.

Even if UF beats OSU, you cannot call them *National* Champions. Nobody can be a National Champion without a playoff.