PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

BobDole901
12-21-2006, 07:46 AM
So you may have heard there is a bit of snow in Denver. Yesterday the airport was shut down and the Nuggets/Suns basketball game was cancelled. They closed our office at 2pm which would have been great if it weren't for the 2.5 hour drive home where it normally takes 15 minutes. I took a few pictures for the fun of it. And if anyone wants to make a quick $5, I could use some shovelin'.

Gheltire
12-21-2006, 09:08 AM
maaaaaaannnnnnnnnn

It sounds crazy, here is the TX guy who doesn't know what he's talking about when he wants snow, but that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I just need a job I can do VO from out there

(actually I have been lookin around Boulder to see what's out there - don't tell anyone where I'm at now:P)

Skaara
12-21-2006, 09:13 AM
I miss the colorado snow :(

deezy
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I yearn to be in Wisconsin again.

Ktul
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Is that Aurora or closer to downtown?

Eomer
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
pussies, that shit isn't a blizzard. Were that in Edmonton, you'd see people riding bikes.

Gheltire
12-21-2006, 10:42 AM
you'd think they would be working on their hockey instead

BobDole901
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Is that Aurora or closer to downtown?

I live in Westminster which is Northwest of downtown. Aurora is more to the east of downtown (by the airport).

pussies, that shit isn't a blizzard. Were that in Edmonton, you'd see people riding bikes.

If I had a bike I may have tried to make it into work :p. The streets had been plowed at least some, but my parking lot had snow up to my knees.

Aindayen
12-21-2006, 12:15 PM

LOL

Haik what else do I have to do for $5!

That is a bit of snow :)

Ain

Andriana Duskrose
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM

And putting up 6000 square foot festival tenting, with wind chill!

Eomer
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
In all honesty, two feet of snow in a single day probably would mess things up a bit around here. Definitely the airport would have some cancellations.

But cancel an NHL hockey game? Nu-uh.

And I'm not kidding about the bikes either. Some people ride them year round. There's at least two people within a few blocks of me that ride em. And there used to be a guy who drove a Boxster to work every day, with the top down. No matter how cold. Every now and then I'd see him with a passenger and be so curious what they thought of his shenanigans.

Talas
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
maaaaaaannnnnnnnnn

It sounds crazy, here is the TX guy who doesn't know what he's talking about when he wants snow, but that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I just need a job I can do VO from out there

(actually I have been lookin around Boulder to see what's out there - don't tell anyone where I'm at now:P)

Being from TX, snow here in SLC scares me...

And I've never had to spend 15 minutes raking snow off my car, either! What an absolute waste of time! In TX, we just hop in and go..

Gheltire
12-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I haven't been here my whole life:) I used to live about 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC...it's not blizzard city, but when it snowed it snowed:) Here when it snows a half inch the sand trucks pile up in the ditches and they send out jaws of life and st bernards

Crimsonbanshee
12-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Where is the snow angels!

Dakyras
12-22-2006, 12:57 AM
I haven't been here my whole life:) I used to live about 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC...it's not blizzard city, but when it snowed it snowed:) Here when it snows a half inch the sand trucks pile up in the ditches and they send out jaws of life and st bernards

ZOMG you are in the willamette valley here in oregon!

Aindayen
12-22-2006, 03:58 AM
Where is the snow angels!

Clearly we don't have a picture of CB in the snow!

Ain