PDA

View Full Version : TV on the PC?

depen
01-06-2007, 01:12 PM
As I'm sitting here stuck at work getting ready to miss the playoff game I was wondering if anyone know anything about live TV broadcasts on the web? Google lists a bunch of stuff, it all kinda seems pretty shady to me. Most of them offer a download for 15-50 bucks and no subscription fees or hardware to purchase.

I just want to watch the Indianapolis game live, we have cable internet but not TV service at the tattoo studio (which may change, but that doesn't get me through today!).

Sixseven
01-06-2007, 08:56 PM
As I'm sitting here stuck at work getting ready to miss the playoff game I was wondering if anyone know anything about live TV broadcasts on the web? Google lists a bunch of stuff, it all kinda seems pretty shady to me. Most of them offer a download for 15-50 bucks and no subscription fees or hardware to purchase.

I just want to watch the Indianapolis game live, we have cable internet but not TV service at the tattoo studio (which may change, but that doesn't get me through today!).
Seems like ESPN should/would offer some kind of service like this, but I haven't looked into it.

deezy
01-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Seems like ESPN should/would offer some kind of service like this, but I haven't looked into it.The NFL would have to license it to ESPN or whoever for a real internet broadcast. But, you could set up a server on your home PC to stream video if you've got the proper capturing hardware/software.

Andaas
01-07-2007, 01:26 PM
You can set up your own private media server with a Sling Box. As I understand it, you set the box up at home, and it is controllable via the internet and can transmit television to a computer or certain mobile devices.

www.slingmedia.com

Have not used it, just read about it on Engadget over the past few months.