PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows release date announced.

deezy
02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51586

Talas
02-02-2007, 07:45 AM
FYI, article I read said Amazon preorders are up 547% from Half-blood Prince, which was the fastest selling book in history.

I'm guessing I probably should preorder one. Current Amazon listing is $19 and expected retail is $35.

Sixseven
02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I've never read/watched any of the Harry Potter stuff. Is it any good? :p

deezy
02-02-2007, 08:10 PM
It's terrible.

travoid
02-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I think most fantasy is poorly written, derivative crap, but I like Harry Potter, if that tells you anything.

Sixseven
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I think most fantasy is poorly written, derivative crap, but I like Harry Potter, if that tells you anything.
Maybe if you would have added " and I don't like poorly written, derivative crap" so I could have connected the two? As it stands, the possibility of you liking poorly-written derivative-crap is still on the table. :)

Berae
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe if you would have added " and I don't like poorly written, derivative crap" so I could have connected the two? As it stands, the possibility of you liking poorly-written derivative-crap is still on the table. :)
Think he already said he likes poorly written crap ^^

Talas
02-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Well, since the original target audience was elementary and middle school kids, I'm not as upset about the subpar writing (although yes, it isn't worse than mainstream fantasy literature).

That said, her plot lines are great. That's why I read it.

travoid
02-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I like my share of crap, but Harry Potter is both original and good, is what I was trying to say.

Kirynos
02-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Does it have more sex and less slow moving gayness than Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series? I might be willing to read some.

:confuse:

Talas
02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Does it have more sex and less slow moving gayness than Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series? I might be willing to read some.

The books make for a good story. My only real complaint is book 5, where 200 pages are totally unnecessary (it rambles). If you read it with the realization that they were initially intended for middle-schoolers, it's great. If you're expecting great writing, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Gohm
02-16-2007, 07:29 AM
less slow moving gayness than Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series?

There is nothing that has ever been written that doesn't meet this requirement. I have mostly blocked the experience of attempting to read the Wheel of Time series from my mind but I'm pretty sure nothing of consequence (read interesting) happened over an entire 400 page plus book.

Kirynos
02-16-2007, 07:56 AM
It's like reading a medical journal for an endocrinologist. Oh wells.

Maybe I'll give Harry a try.