PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Hijinx! pršn inside - NSFW - LOOK!!!

Kirynos
02-03-2007, 02:44 PM
I figured I'd get more of a response with this sort of post. Just wait till you see the pictures.....

Ok, so there's no pictures, but my question is this: If you own a laptop, and the battery you have works but doesn't last as long as you want it to last -- ie, not all day at school -- what kind of options are there for making it run longer? The current Whr for the battery is in the 40's and largest one I could buy is 53 Whr. This doesn't sound like that much of a benefit, but are there any other options?

Kalim
02-03-2007, 05:17 PM
A couple small things you could do to increase the length of time it might stay active...

Cut down processor performance (or let the OS adjust it automatically depending on load).
Lower the brightness of the laptop monitor (it might look like it's too dim at first, but as you get used to the brightness, it'll start feeling normal again with added benefit of lower taxing on the battery).
Adjust the amount of time it takes for the screen, and the laptop for that matter, to either turn off or sleep.

Maybe you're already doing all of these! If so then you're dewmed!~ :p

Kirynos
02-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks kalim :)

keep this up and you are gonna start getting /hugglez :eek: :eek:

:confuse:

Trevlen
02-04-2007, 08:44 PM
One thing i found that dramatically increases my battery time is disabling the wireless card if you do not have to use it. It uses a ton of battery even when not connected since it is constantly searching for available networks.

BobDole901
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Getting a couple spare batteries is an option?

Kirynos
02-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, got one for the little lady. She's happy with that at this time.

Hailie
02-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Getting a couple spare batteries is an option?

mmm or 4 or 5!

Kirynos
02-06-2007, 11:07 PM
mmm or 4 or 5!

Most people will completely miss this... but
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm mmm!