PDA

View Full Version : Bike Season!

Andriana Duskrose
04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Yay! Finally! /Gigglez :D :p :dog:

P.S. Oh so reflecty!

P.P.S. I really need to work on my arm size so they'll be in proportion to my thigh size...

Hailie
04-14-2007, 06:37 PM
bawls

Andriana Duskrose
04-14-2007, 06:43 PM
bawls

Yes, I have three.

Varran
04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
man... that is some sick camel toe... I think I might have lost my lunch there

Andriana Duskrose
04-14-2007, 10:31 PM
My Cooter > All!

Lonskils
04-15-2007, 04:44 AM
gross!

Andriana Duskrose
04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Just to be clear to those who are clueless, it's not my balls, or my vagina. It's the stitching for the crotch padding in the biking shorts.

My vagina looks much nicer then that.

Arawn
04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I think a part of me just died... that that shit off public forums! what kind of man camel are you trying to spread!

Andriana Duskrose
04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Touch my man camel sweetie, I know you want to.

KripDiggler
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Biking is for pussies with one testicle. \

Run 6.5 miles like a real man.(KripDiggler)

Andriana Duskrose
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Run 6.5 miles like a real man.(KripDiggler)

I have, it's boring, and I'd actually like to keep my muscles kkthx eh~

Stacked
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Moose Knuckle!!!!

Aindayen
04-17-2007, 07:16 AM
JFC andri...

Is the wind resistance really worth the trouble?

Ain

Kirynos
04-17-2007, 08:14 AM
It's actually to keep his legs from rubbing together and bleeding all over the place.

:confuse:

Andriana Duskrose
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
JFC andri...

Is the wind resistance really worth the trouble?

Ain

Trouble? It's a pair of shorts, and a shirt. Drying off after a shower is more trouble then that.

Ty!
04-17-2007, 12:39 PM
I ran 13 miles in 2 hours and that was enough for me to say: running, I've tried it. Didn't care too much for it. Biking is weird because you can go for hours/miles and not really break down. Probably its the lack of eccentric (resisting and giving way) muscle damage, and general low impact.

Only thing is, it's not so crotch-friendly.

Andriana Duskrose
04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Biking is weird because you can go for hours/miles and not really break down. Probably its the lack of eccentric (resisting and giving way) muscle damage, and general low impact.

Only thing is, it's not so crotch-friendly.

There is some form of eccentric, you can pull on the pedal up swing, which is much easier to do if your bike has straps or clip-less/clipped pedals, but even if they don't you can do some measure of it.

As for the crotch friendliness, that's why one wears padded, camel toed, biking shorts! My wrists/hands (I love you bike gloves), shoulders, and lower back (non-commuter riding position FTW!) receive the most discomfort, more so then my crotch. I guess my 14 inch penis cushions the ride for me.

Kirynos
04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
It's much easier on your back if you sit in the bike seat, and let someone else do the pedaling. Or, get a Tandem bike!

:confuse:

Ty!
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
There is some form of eccentric, you can pull on the pedal up swing, which is much easier to do if your bike has straps or clip-less/clipped pedals, but even if they don't you can do some measure of it.

Maybe this is a retarded distinction to make, but I think that's mostly concentric too. At least, I always thought concentric means that you're overcoming the resistance, and eccentric means you're giving way to it. As far as pedaling goes, unless it's a fixed gear bike and you're changing directions, there shouldn't be any eccentric. If you look at muscles individually, sure, there might be some minor eccentric components related to your own limb/crank momentum, but I think outside of sprinting those are minimized by good technique.

Angelie
04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Eh. Biking is cool when you have the time. But strictly burning fat and cardio-wise, Running is 2x more effecient than Biking. So I'd rather run for 30 min that bike for an hour.

But on the weekends, when it's nice, I try to bike some by the beach just to get out. <3 Treadmill at home though.

Andriana Duskrose
04-17-2007, 07:09 PM
But strictly burning fat and cardio-wise, Running is 2x more effecient than Biking. So I'd rather run for 30 min that bike for an hour.

Well I bike for fun mostly. :D

As for burning fat, it's a whole different ball game, and distance cardio, running (Treadmill?! EWWWWWW!), or biking, or whatever, is about the worst way to go about it.

Angelie
04-17-2007, 07:16 PM
As for burning fat, it's a whole different ball game, and distance cardio, running (Treadmill?! EWWWWWW!), or biking, or whatever, is about the worst way to go about it.

Nope - I don't run at a pace like a 7 or 8 min mile. I pretty much sprint on the tread mill (yes I use the treadmill when I get home late at night from work - better to use it than not work out at all the entire day :D) as fast as I can for 2 minutes - like Rate #10 on treadmill, then slow the pace down to rest for 1 min - like Rate #3, then sprint again as fast as I can for another 2 min. Rinse repeat. It's not the distance that matters to me. It's how high my HR can go and keep it up at that pace for about 30 min (averaging of course from my 1 min rest pace).

On the track - it's pretty much sprinting 2 (~800 m) laps and then jogging half a lap (200 m). Do this for 30 min. That to me is better than biking for cardio/fat burning.

Andriana Duskrose
04-17-2007, 07:29 PM
That to me is better than biking for cardio/fat burning.

It's debatable, one could also find some nice long steep hills and pedal up them as fast as possible (2-3 minute climb), ride down, and repeat for desired times and heart rates.

Total agreement on intervals though, much more interesting then plodding along, regardless of the form the exercise takes.

When I run, it's various forms and distances, alternating of sprints (or very fast running, for me), and jogs for X time.

Angelie
04-17-2007, 07:33 PM
*High Five* biker shorts man! :P I wear tri gear (I just do sprint distance not olympic distance hehe) so the crotch is even less padding to allow us to run a little more comfortable ... But it looks like a tutu so its sorta horrible. :p

Sometime before I'm 35, I would like to participate in the Ironman in Hawaii... just to say - yeah I was able to do it :)

Sixseven
04-17-2007, 09:11 PM
What kind of bike is that? Your quads are blocking too much of it.

P.S. There are a lot of bike seats on the market which alleviate the pressure on your perineum, although I've never used one so I don't know how effective/comfortable/practical they are.
Froogle search of ergonomic bike seats (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=ergonomic+bicycle+seat&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&um=1&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title)

Andriana Duskrose
04-18-2007, 12:36 AM
What kind of bike is that? Your quads are blocking too much of it.

http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/JAKE/index.html

Darsarin
04-18-2007, 12:54 AM
You need one of these.