PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the news of the PS3 price cut.

Kalim
07-15-2007, 08:39 PM
If anyone hasn't been following the general gossip on the internet about the reason behind the recent PS3 price cut, reading the following article might be interesting.

<a href="http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070713-the-vanishing-ps3-price-drop-soon-only-one-600-ps3-remains.html">The vanishing PS3 price drop: soon only one $600 PS3 remains</a>.

Pretty much to sum it up, it is alleged that Sony will be phasing out the 60GB PS3 and its dedicated hardware for backwards compatibility by selling it at a cheaper price till supplies run out so that the only standard PS3 in the market will be the 80GB Software based backwards compatibility model at $599 (of which, at the moment will provide a noticeable graphical distortion with certain games, such as God of War for PS2). This way, they can gain more profit from the selling of a PS3 because it is much cheaper for Sony to have the PS3 bundled with software than with hardware for "playing" older-generation games.

Similar story at <a href="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160917">1up.com</a>.

The suggestion if things do turn out this way? If you are planning to play older-generation Playstation games on the PS3, for maximum compatibility, get the 60GB PS3 before they are phased out. Otherwise, either you'll be with the group of Xbox 360 owners waiting for software updates to play Xbox games from the parent company, or you may have to have a PS2 sitting next to the PS3.

Andaas
07-15-2007, 09:07 PM
The suggestion if things do turn out this way? If you are planning to play older-generation Playstation games on the PS3, for maximum compatibility, get the 60GB PS3 before they are phased out. Otherwise, either you'll be with the group of Xbox 360 owners waiting for software updates to play Xbox games from the parent company, or you may have to have a PS2 sitting next to the PS3.

Or better yet, just don't buy a PS3!

Kalim
07-15-2007, 09:48 PM

Could do that too!

Varran
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Blasphemy... sony hater

aed
07-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

(someone had to do it)

/aed

Vinen
07-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

(someone had to do it)

/aed

Have all three now ;\ Wii gets played the least!... perfect for drunkin parties mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm vodka

Aindayen
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I tried DDR to a friends request while intoxicated. Needless to say I won't be doing that again.

I do miss drunken EQ. ICE COMET!!!!!! /puke.

Ain

Lonskils
07-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Aind, why are you in LOIO?

Ummmm well ya see, there is this ummm, FUCK IT ....hic ICE COMET BIATCH!!!

Ainds drunk again lol

Aindayen
07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Aind, why are you in LOIO?

Ummmm well ya see, there is this ummm, FUCK IT ....hic ICE COMET BIATCH!!!

Ainds drunk again lol

Ah good times :D Those spiders from FV needed payback from the hell they caused me back when I was a mere noob.

Ain