PDA

View Full Version : Bat for Lashes

Varran
08-31-2007, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wnOUH2jk8

It's not everyones cup of tea, but Crys thinks she's brilliant and I've come on board myself. She's be doing a tour in NA over the next 2 months if anyone wants to get to see her before she gets popular.

Upcoming Shows:

September 1st: Connect Festival, Inveraray
September 2nd: Electric Picnic, Stradbally
September 9th: Bestival, Isle of Wight 2:30pm Main Stage.
September 23rd: Johnny Brenda's - Philadelphia PA
September 24th: Great Scott - Boston MA
September 25th: Bowery Ballroom - New York NY
September 28th: El Macambo - Toronto ON
Septmber 29th: Petit Campus - Montreal QC
October 1st: The Basement - Columbus OH
October 2nd: Empty Bottle - Chicago IL
October 3rd: Varsity Theatre - Minneapolis MN
October 5th: Larimer Lounge - Denver CO
October 8th: Delta Rooms at the House of Blues - San Diego CA
October 9th: Troubadour - Los Angeles CA
October 11th: Slim's - San Francisco CA
October 13th: Plaza Club - Vancouver BC
October 14th: Crocodile Cafe - Seattle WA
October 15th: Doug Fir Lounge - Portland OR
October 29th: KOKO, London

VonPenn
08-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Varr,

I'm at work and can't check the youtube video - what type of music is she doing? Portland, OR is closeby and well worth the visit if she's worthwhile.

I'm always up for good music in the area.

VP

Varran
08-31-2007, 01:08 PM
There are no real ways to describe her. Other's have said like Bjork.. but that is totally unfair, because while her voice has a sort of ethereal quality sometimes, it's still melodic. She has some substance to her voice at times and the range can be quite inventive.

That said, sometimes she seems off her nut just like Bjork and the opinions may just more stem from that...

I think it would all be down to whether you are going with a mate or with a girl. If you are going with a mate go see Dave in whatever band he's playing in (he might just take your girl anyways if you bring her). If you are going with your girl... definitely go see Natasha.

The wife will be at a few of these shows depending on her ability to fly in the next months. She will definitely be at the Toronto, Canada show on the 28th.

edit: Probably the best ad for her I can personally give is that quite often her music is what is playing in my house.