PDA

View Full Version : Incase any of you miss Old EQ

Hoshis
09-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Some people are building a orginal server check it out and read up on it if you want to play. http://projecteq.org/

Gheltire
09-26-2007, 06:58 AM
I used one of the PEQ databases for my server...it's pretty nice, has a ton of quests from live, and had everything up until POP mostly done, with most of the other GOD+ zones available and spawned (but with little or no AI/pathing)

on the geek side I built a moriarty box (from star trek, you know barclay's little powered cube to house Moriarty's adventures once he attained sentience!) that I used to house Gheltire, Vuln, et al and not be worried about paying EQ anything and not feeling guilty about cutting them off:)

weird I know, but I had been paying for Ghel since March of 99:)

Lonskils
09-26-2007, 07:01 AM
0.o ya know you can cut em off and they ain't gonna delete em Ghel...

Gheltire
09-26-2007, 10:02 AM
but they'll be unhappy! and can't wander around the lands whilst I sleep!!

actually I must admit I also got tired of my nieces and nephews and daughter wanting on my accounts...so I set this up for a local lan, have 5 machines that can run it, blew them up some characters, warped them into big zones, invuln them, and watch them have at:)

soon I will teach my horde to farm gold in the Outlands!

MWAUHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Aindayen
09-27-2007, 08:05 AM
I used one of the PEQ databases for my server...it's pretty nice, has a ton of quests from live, and had everything up until POP mostly done, with most of the other GOD+ zones available and spawned (but with little or no AI/pathing)

on the geek side I built a moriarty box (from star trek, you know barclay's little powered cube to house Moriarty's adventures once he attained sentience!) that I used to house Gheltire, Vuln, et al and not be worried about paying EQ anything and not feeling guilty about cutting them off:)

weird I know, but I had been paying for Ghel since March of 99:)

Seriously? You have your own EQ server atm? How is this possible?

O.o

Ain

Gheltire
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
google eqemulator and go to the .net link

most of what you need is there. There are a couple producers of the databases you can use, but one of the setup links you to a wiki on their work. I think the PEQ is the most up to date (although if you hav time you can read the politics that may/may not have happened between some of the creators of the database and the hosts of the forums for this)

you don't need a ton of SQL and if you are comfortable just extracting PERL you can just do that and download a quest editor to let you tinker with them

I use the PEQ distributed dbase from maybe 6 mos ago? Someone on the forms actually came up with a way to create active party members with AI but I never tinkered with that....AI not in the bot sense where you create a character and script him, but in a henchman sense that you recruit as needed like NWN and build parties "in the tavern" so to speak

It's actually kindof neat from a tech perspective because you are getting your feet wet with SQL, database structuring, command interfaces for the databases, compiling you name it....

it is incredibly simple to build your own for local one player (in fact at least one site has a prepackaged exe) the bitch is the minilogin and configuring it for open access. But once you have it, you are all set.

I'm no guru, I just read most of the threads and then went to work

I had linked it directly, but that's not fair to this board in case someone had issues as to legality...so just google it and you will find it

Aindayen
09-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Very cool Ghel.

Ain

Dubb
10-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Some people are building a orginal server check it out and read up on it if you want to play. http://projecteq.org/
I just looked at this and I will look at it more later. I think I might enjoy goofing around as a low level rogue without a copper to my name again, at some point in the future, when I'm not so freaking busy.