PDA

View Full Version : Fry's Electronics Ads

Angelie
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I normally pay attention to this site to check out some of the sales. Often, they are cheaper than New Egg not to mention no S&H fees.

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/

I'm gonna go swing by and get the Q6600 and E6850 for ~$250 :) The motherboard isn't l33t but it's good enough for a WOW machine (for the GF). RAM modules are cheap too :)

I still get my Vid Cards from New Egg though as Fry's doesn't really post eVGA cards :(

Elkwood
01-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Holy cow that was a smoking deal on that e6850!!!!!!

Rennys
01-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Heh, I've been using laptops for the past 6 years instead of a desktop. Of course, that also means playing games is pretty horrid on my laptops since I trend toward the ultraportable ones with integrated graphics.

Gheltire
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I can't go to frys until I get my kids moved out of the house...I have conflicts of priorities when I walk in the door

Vinen
01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I wish there was a Fry's in the northeast.....................

Aindayen
01-19-2008, 03:38 AM
I can't go to frys until I get my kids moved out of the house...I have conflicts of priorities when I walk in the door

Must...not...spend...college...tuition...

Ain

Andaas
01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I wish there was a Fry's in the northeast.....................

Fry's is overrated.

Buying things there often requires more effort on your part (the customer) than it should. It's rare to find an employee that is both knowledgeable on the product you are trying to buy and has any concept of customer satisfaction.

Then... if you have to return something - make sure you have a clear schedule, because you'll be there awhile.

Not to mention the Fry's gestapo waiting at the exit; where your bags are searched to match your receipts. Bleh.

For more fun, check http://www.geocities.com/tarahertz/frys-sucks.html out.

Vinen
01-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Fry's is overrated.

Buying things there often requires more effort on your part (the customer) than it should. It's rare to find an employee that is both knowledgeable on the product you are trying to buy and has any concept of customer satisfaction.

Then... if you have to return something - make sure you have a clear schedule, because you'll be there awhile.

Not to mention the Fry's gestapo waiting at the exit; where your bags are searched to match your receipts. Bleh.

For more fun, check http://www.geocities.com/tarahertz/frys-sucks.html out.

lol.. wow.

Kalim
01-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I would rather go to a locally owned computer store than to go to Fry's =P

The whole "we don't really care, here's a hard drive on the floor" mentality of Fry's for hardware just turns me away.

And having a chance to talk to someone for a few minutes about components is a ++ for me.

----------------

If only stores had reviews / performance charts (from multiple sources) of components taped onto the shelves next to them so one can do a one stop shopping with confidence, that would be awesome.

Not like they will be undercutting their own sales if there's one component that beats another component... most of the time people just have budgets that they can't break =P. Just a general idea of where their component stands in comparison to others would be a ++. (++++++++++ omg the attack of the + symbol!)

WTF is ECS anyways? All I see are 1 or 2 out of 5 star reviews for ECS brands in places of the internet. I hope the company doesn't make boards just for Fry's specials... >.>

Rennys
01-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Honestly, I rarely talk to people at computer stores. They just bother me since they're usually unreliable source of information. Fry's is one of my favored places to shop mainly because of their wide selection. The main problem at Fry's is their repackaging of bad memory. They've got a habit of re-selling returned memory as "specials".

Andaas
01-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Fry's has a good selection in some things (CPU's, RAM, some computer components); and an awful selection in others (video cards for example).

Talas
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Fry's is good for price-matching. You should check the adds if they carry something that can also be found at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc and get them to price match. BB and CC have better customer service, though the retail people are about as knowledgable.

The stores I've been to in Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Las Vegas have all had (fairly) short return lines. I don't know why, but the Burbank one had a pretty huge return line whenever I went there..

Yeah, if you buy from Fry's, you have to be willing to make a trip back to return a defected product. If you shop there often enough, you will likely get a defected item 1:5 purchases or something.

Syana
02-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I really want to upgrade my computer (or build a new one) but I can't afford to! I hate you for posting this!