PDA

View Full Version : Age of Conan

Amadis
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
It turns out it's releasing on my birthday. I think that's a sign. Who's planning to play it?

aed
04-16-2008, 01:30 PM
<--

/aed

Forty
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I may take a look at it...

Aindayen
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm going to give it a whirl.

Ain

Kattoo Tacit
04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm moving my entire guild to Conan from DDO.

I'll waive trial for any former hosslings coming over to play.

Our forums are at Novus Via (http://www.novusvia.org/forums/)

vegu
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
me, but only on EU at first, thanks to forced localization bs

aed
04-17-2008, 12:14 AM

Ditto.

/aed

Kallaill
04-17-2008, 12:31 AM
aed sux =o and vegu too!

aed
04-17-2008, 01:52 AM
aed sux =o and vegu too!

Localization BS sucks.

And the fact that they had the nerve to claim it was "on behalf of their customers" that they were forcing this localization crap upon us is even more BS, almost enough for me to cancel my pre-order.

/aed

Redwingsfan
04-17-2008, 05:42 AM
I'm giving it some serious thought.

Wresh
04-17-2008, 07:33 AM
I have to say I am thinking about it too.

Kakeku
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Anyone has played the beta yet? wonder how much it differs from EQ or Wow besides the combat system.

Aindayen
04-17-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm moving my entire guild to Conan from DDO.

I'll waive trial for any former hosslings coming over to play.

Our forums are at Novus Via (http://www.novusvia.org/forums/)

Very cool.

Not that you should speak of beta or your involvement but if in theory you could speak about something you aren't apart of how would you compare it to EQ or WoW?!?

Ain

Kattoo Tacit
04-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Anyone has played the beta yet? wonder how much it differs from EQ or Wow besides the combat system.

I have 4 of my members with beta access starting tomorrow. We'll know more soon. Will want to move into private forums for that type of discussion tho.

Kattoo Tacit
04-18-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm going to give it a whirl.

Ain

Bumped your access.

Wresh
05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
For those who are going to go try out AoC.........

I am wondering if those of us that are moving to AoC want to keep the Hoss name tag in place for a guild? That is, if the current Hoss upper management does not mind if we keep it.

Also, will Hoss have a section on this web page dedicated for AoC. Or, will there be a new website formed for those trying it out to discuss things?

Wresh

Mystrae
05-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I may take a look at it also.

Andaas
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
We typically do stuff like that, yeah.

Wresh
05-08-2008, 10:23 AM

Cool, Thanks!! :D

Aindayen
05-11-2008, 08:00 PM

N/M read this forum 1st and saw my answer in another :)

Ain

Kattoo Tacit
05-16-2008, 05:27 PM

I've talked with our NAP (Non-Aggression Pact) guild and they purchased US copies for thier Euros and sent it to them. Let me know if you guys want to look into an option like that.

Guns
05-16-2008, 07:27 PM
/wave

Kattoo Tacit
05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
/wave

Sup dude.

Guns is Hexen on the AoC site.

Lonskils
05-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Global interesting

Aindayen
05-17-2008, 05:10 PM
/wave

Hey Guns.

Ain

Scrith
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Everybody should buy this game right now!

OK, that's my sales pitch obligation I guess. My company's parent company (Eidos) is releasing this game, and I just got two free copies. Woohoo!

I'm told that WICANNA is a good server (PvE). I'll probably be making a char there tonight.

Wresh
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Everybody should buy this game right now!

OK, that's my sales pitch obligation I guess. My company's parent company (Eidos) is releasing this game, and I just got two free copies. Woohoo!

I'm told that WICANNA is a good server. I'll probably be making a char there tonight.

Nice sales pitch..lol

Right now most of the Hoss members are on a PvP server, but I posted that I will be on the Omm server (PvE). I got ganked too much in the 1st 10 minutes after the solo instance at the begining for me to want to even try a PvP server.

Scrith
05-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah I learned long ago from Ultima Online that PvP is not for me. The maturity level and attitude of certain people on these servers quickly ruins any MMO game, IMHO.

Is there any reason in particular you're going to make a char on the Omm (PvE) server? I know quite a few cool video game developer-type people (a personality-type Hoss seems to attract!) at work who had planned on trying the Wicanna server, which is why I was recommending it.

Scrith
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
I played for about 4 hours last night and got an Assassin named Axyz on the Wicanna server to level 12.

At first the parts of the game that weren't very polished stood out to me (some geometry sorting, shading problems, obvious jumps from one level of detail to another). Gradually I started getting used to it and began appreciating that some of the places in the world just look a lot nicer than WoW (reminding me again of how cartoonish WoW looks most of the time). I'd characterize it as being closer to a modern EQ in look and feel than WoW, but with a lot of WoW-type features (talent tree, quest symbols above NPCs and on maps, WoW coloring scheme for item rarity, etc.).

I really liked the fact that I made it to level 12 with ZERO grinding (e.g. kill mob X 20-30 times). The quests leading up to that level (and, apparently, well beyond it) are more than enough to level you up, and keep you quite busy in and around the first city you arrive in. Of particular note are the nighttime quests (highly recommended!), which also set up a very interesting storyline. In this respect this game is much further along than WoW, which is no small feat.

I have no idea what group and raid play is like, but so far I am definitely enjoying the single player stuff.

Zeyla
05-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I've heard from a few other players so far and they have said pretty much the same thing. A good/smooth leveling experience is very important, but in the end it isn't just a single player RPG... The life or death of any MMO is the endgame. I hope they get the endgame raiding/pvp down to make it more than just a 1-2 month experience.

The last few MMO's I have checked out were a bit weak in the endgame area (Tabula Rasa, LoTR, etc). WoW is the only game that seems to have that near-perfect "carrot on a stick" mode down for new content/loot/etc. I know some will argue this point, but subscriber base doesn't lie... They are doing something right that the others have yet to grasp.

Wresh
05-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah I learned long ago from Ultima Online that PvP is not for me. The maturity level and attitude of certain people on these servers quickly ruins any MMO game, IMHO.

Is there any reason in particular you're going to make a char on the Omm (PvE) server? I know quite a few cool video game developer-type people (a personality-type Hoss seems to attract!) at work who had planned on trying the Wicanna server, which is why I was recommending it.

We went to the Omm server because we got into the early release, and we just kinda picked it. We have about 8-10 of us that are good friends (RL and from playing SWG). We are happy there, but if you all want to change where you are, feel free to join us;).

Aelia
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I am guardian Aedros on the Set server.

Domathoine
05-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Demondim on Doomslayer

Domathoine on Omm

KripDiggler
05-22-2008, 11:34 PM
so is this another game I would have to pay for monthly?

Wresh
05-23-2008, 08:41 AM
so is this another game I would have to pay for monthly?

Aye, it is the same cost as WoW.

KripDiggler
05-24-2008, 01:10 AM
hmmmmmm split bowser's account off oct or start playing AoC......