PDA

View Full Version : CD Error

redeemus
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Yes I know I'm full of errors heres a new one: I have an old CD with some burnt mp3's on it and I'll let It load and I'll get the folowing message: "Please go to the control panal and configure system components"

so before coming here I'd figure I'd google It and this is what I got:

Symptoms

When you double-click a drive letter (hard disk) from My Computer, you may see any of the following error messages:
Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components
Windows cannot find Autoplay.exe
You'll also see that Autoplay is the default context menu when you right-click the drive.
Resolution

This happens if there is a file named Autorun.inf in the drive's root directory. Right-click the drive and choose "open", look for this file Autorun.inf and delete it. Restart Windows.
If the Autorun.inf line reads the following, the first error message is displayed:
[autorun]
open=Setup.exe
C:\Windows\System32\Setup.exe is launched actually

If the Autorun.inf line reads the following, the second error message is displayed:
[autorun]
open=Filename.exe
(where the filename.exe file is missing)
More Information

The file Autorun.inf is not intended to be on the hard drive root folder. They are used in CD-ROMs Cont next post....

redeemus
05-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Continued...(to launch CD programs automatically).

I tried this and looked for the spicified file name: Autorun.inf and low and behold no such luck. Thus leading me back to the forums pleading for help! This is one issue that driving me nuts.