PDA

View Full Version : Call to Arms: Requiem

Domathoine
06-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Requiem's Hoss crew is growing, both from WoW and supporters we've picked up along the way.

As such, we'd like to FINALLY get the Hoss charter started. To do this, we need TEN people ONLINE AT THE SAME TIME at level Ten or higher.

Shouldn't be too hard, lets aim for raid time on Tuesday.

Tuesday: 6:30pm Server... Be on for Hoss Guild Formation!!

Zeyla
06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
How long does it take to hit lvl 10?

Z

Forty
06-02-2008, 09:59 AM
How long does it take to hit lvl 10?

Z

Not long, go to the first town and start the quests there. Be surprised if it took more than hour or two...

It'll take you longer to figure out how to get past lvl 9 100%.

Lonskils
06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I have the 10k sitting in my bank to form iot, just need the 9 other folks on and they all be level 10.

Skaara
06-02-2008, 12:38 PM
I'll try to be online.

Nuuk
06-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I have a few characters 15+ now getting a feel for the game. Kinda turns into a grind fest and with all the cheating and Bots already ruining the game, I dont think I am going to put any more time into it.

Once again, hacker central with these Korean games.. Kinda silly..

Skaara
06-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm online, toon named Skeera.

Skaara
06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
So yeah, where was everyone?

Lonskils
06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I've yet to even seea bot, and they have a bot turn in to GMs and they get rid fo them pretty fast from what I've seen. I was online all night tonight and not a single tell and most people were offline. So meh.

Grind fest is only if you dont do the multitude of quests, I've yet to have to grind anything beside the last few bars of 19 and that was becasue I was to lazy to go to a new zone.

Nuuk
06-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I didnt mean to come off so negative after re-reading my post, the core of the game is fun.

I think the classes are cool with limited skill points. Tuning your character with certain skills even within your job creates a wide variety of play. You cannot get every skill, so making those choices along the way is interesting.

The UI needs scaling and movement for all elements.

I can get in some cases more exp grinding then questing. I hear the higher levels are a lot of grinding. I read PVP is bleh/gank fest??

Its fun to run around in, the mechanics are pretty good, but I just dont see it having a future..

Domathoine
06-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Ganking is actually rather minimalistic.

As for PvP... its all about organization, as it is in any game. All the PvP right now is a bunch of people messing around in a game with absolutely no coordination. There are some subtleties to the game mechanics that could make the PvP fantastic if further developed.

The difference between skilled and un-skilled tanks is already making an appearence, largely thanks to my knowledge of the class from Insouciance.

Mystrae
06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
I didnt mean to come off so negative after re-reading my post, the core of the game is fun.

I think the classes are cool with limited skill points. Tuning your character with certain skills even within your job creates a wide variety of play. You cannot get every skill, so making those choices along the way is interesting.

The UI needs scaling and movement for all elements.

I can get in some cases more exp grinding then questing. I hear the higher levels are a lot of grinding. I read PVP is bleh/gank fest??

Its fun to run around in, the mechanics are pretty good, but I just dont see it having a future..

Installed it last night and no joke.. they really need to make the UI elements scale. 2560x1600 is the native resolution on my monitor and thats shit f'ing small. It's annoying to run anything out of native on an LCD; the blurriness of dropping the native res makes me want to cry.. Made a toon Kathris on Hammerdine server. Character movements are kinda kludgey, the slow fall effect from falling is weird, but a nice touch I think..

Andaas
06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
So after all the call-to-arms stuff, you all didn't actually get a guild made, huh?

Slackers!

Skaara
06-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Not enough people answered the call. =\

Nuuk
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I also would love to run it in 2560 x 1600 but I settle for 1600 x 1200 for UI scaling and so I can actually read stuff.

I can be on any time with a character to help form a guild, let me know.

I am still playing wih the different classes for fun.. I have a 16 Soul Hunter and a 15 Templar, but I screwed up cause I didnt know training points were limited so at 15 I chose to train a stupid skill not knowing I could only choose one. I am so used to getting every skill or spell in games I play.

Word of advice, look at all your skills and plan which ones you want and ones you want to get improved versions of as you level, because you cannot have them all. I have seen some planners already out there for this game. Just wish the game would have informed me of this as I was playing.

IMO the whole UI/interface needs a re-work. Hard to tell what classes or level people are, hard to read stuff and if there is a way to tell the difference between a normal mob and a friken hard to kill one, I havent found it yet. Any Elite indicator that im missing? Some of the locations have mobs that are like fighting 3 at once difficult. Dieing to a single mob my level comes as a surprise when I am cutting through the rest with ease.

Anyways, going to try a Shaman out next I hear they are the Wizards/Firemages of this game.

Is there a place where people have listed thier character names so we can all join up in friend lists at least?

Horror
Tarna
Arusa

those are mine so far...

If PVP is unorganized, maybe we can all team up and kick some butt, that could be fun..

Domathoine
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
You're probably dieing to Nightmare mobs, which are only up during Nightmare hours...

Just my guess.

Lonskils
06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
its a PK server you cant tell what level or class someone is by cliking on them unless they are in your group and then you even have to go by the icons for their respctive classes.

the only issue i have with the game right now is the UI, the not being able to use left and right click mouse to move, the skill points thing is refreshing and Im sure they will more than likely put in skill reset sooner or later would be retarded not to.

Skaara
06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I've been hearing that skill reset might be something only available through the cash shop. Just a rumor, but yeah..

Lonskils
06-04-2008, 07:02 PM
i doubt that the cash shop is that expensive, if anyone paid more than 15 bucks a month in items that would be a better marketing device than the one wow is using and id say that it isn't

Forty
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
i doubt that the cash shop is that expensive, if anyone paid more than 15 bucks a month in items that would be a better marketing device than the one wow is using and id say that it isn't

That's the issue...Games like Gaia, Neopets, etc... that use the microtransaction model have it set so that the new "outfit" will cost you $12-15 to complete the set. Anything else you get just adds to that total. So yes, if they follow that guideline it will be very easy to spend more than $15 a month on stuff. And frankly, they have to. To maintain servers and maintain customer service et al they have to rely on the paying customers for all that. The game could have 20 million subscribers but only one million of those using the cash vendors.

We may be seeing a lot more F2P games in the future too:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3688/mmog_business_models_cancel_that_.php

Nuuk
06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Yep.. This pretty much says it all

This does not include the in-game store that will sell Armor, Weapons, Change Job coupons and an item that reset your skills. All for real money... Think I will just head to the strip club instead!!

http://www.playrequiem.com/account/premiumPackage.aspx