PDA

View Full Version : Song for 4 June 2008

Peotr
06-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Nu metal? Industrial metal?

Today's song: "Permanence (http://www.bagofmice.com/tunes/daily/4.6.08.mp3)" by Static-X (from the album Machine, Warner Bros. Records, 1999.)

Static-X combines metal with an industrial sound, a heavy backbeat, sampling, sequencing and standard-C/drop-D tunings to create a sound "designed for disco and headbanging."

Occasionally disparaged by different factions of the metal culture, the Static-X sound is synonymous with the newer metal acts (think Ministry) but often drifts a little farther into the electronic than most metalheads find comfortable. Like Rob Zombie (or even Slipknot), Static-X fills their heavily distorted guitar sound with keyboards and samples that have more in common with rave, electronica and hard dance than metal.

-- Peotr (The Normal Guy) ©™

P.S. Caveat: This music is copyrighted, and is available here solely for the purpose of discussion.

P.P.S. Everyone says Static-X sounds like Ministry. I can hear the influence, but I just don't think they sound the same.

P.P.P.S. To the person who asked: If you wanted to hear the stuff that everyone else is listening to, turn on the radio. If you wanted to listen to the radio then this forum is redundant.

P.P.P.P.S. Lol at Tony Campos (bass) - "Please don't print the tabs, I have some songs where I play all of two notes."

Andriana Duskrose
06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't really hear the Ministry connection much either. Especially when moving on to their most recent endeavors.