PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning Druzzle-Ro Boards and Rotated Mobs

Lylala
01-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Hey guys,

I have a quick question for anyone who has had to deal with this and can answer honestly how ya dealt with it. We were planning on our first attempt at CT and killing the Fear named mobs (Golems, Shissar, etc) on Tuesday but then Verant went and screwed that up by not patching like ppl thought they would.

As soon as I found this out, I posted Druzz-Ro board for Friday night that we would be in Fear and were hoping to take the same mobs we missed doing Tuesday. Unfortunately, there is a guy named Uumdano who is planning a raid Friday with some of his friends (about 4 groups worth of peeps I hear) and he claims he and his friends are entitled to ALL golems and other rare mobs since he had posted his thread on Druzz-Ro first.

That is fine with us and we have been trying to work out a compromise with this guy but he is stubborn as hell and it has turned into a big pissing contest. He will not back down at all and continues to refuse offers we are trying to make to fairly split the mobs. It has been a month since our guild has been in Fear prolly and we have several members who are LONG OVERDUE on these epic piece drops. Timing on the golems and stuff is terrible and every time we have tried to go there --- surprise --- they have already been killed.

I know some of you guys on CT rotation HAVE to also be getting Golems and Shissar mobs too and that is also what we wanted as well as we're in serious need here. Problem is -- this guy says all we are entitled to is CT and Drachliche and refuses to back down no matter what arrangements we try to make. Now our guild is pissed about it and is trying to plan to go up on Thursday and kill all of the stuff if they can since one of our officers thinks its possible that CT could spawn later tonight or early tomorrow morning. He says that would give us a fair reason to be in Fear that the time and that this guy will just have to deal with that. I'm trying to work out something feasable for all parties here but I don't know where we stand on this situation -- have never dealt with a mess between the 2 boards like this b4.

Can someone who has had this happen before (and I know damn sure it has to have happened) let me know what is generally done? Are we only entitled to CT and Draco according to IGB rules? Do posts on the IGB concerning rotated mobs override those smaller raids posted on the Druzz-Ro boards when a guild is up for rotated mobs in Fear? Do rotations on the IGB usually take precedance over posts on Druzz-Ro board? I'm kinda at a loss what to do here and was wondering what others of you have done in the past. I'm trying to be fair here but this guy is asking too much IMO and will not try to work out a compromise with us that is fair to both concerned parties. We BOTH have need of these named mobs.

Yer thoughts?
/sigh
/frown

Sirensa
01-17-2002, 01:25 PM
The only time I would say you have a valid claim to Golems/Epic mobs via IGB is on a day that you are up for Cazic.

Otherwise if you plan for those mobs and are concerned about other guilds interferring, I would try to reserve elsewhere.

Of course - in the long run, reservation boards, the IGB, etc. are all merely courtesy tools, and in no way guarantee any one guild the "right" to any mob. In situations such as epic encounters, it might very well be whomever is in the zone killing them first.

Andaas
01-17-2002, 01:29 PM
I usually try to work with guilds that are scheduled to be in fear at the same time as one of our CT raids, however, it has proven time and again to be nothing but trouble to do.

So... in the event you can't come up with a compromise to keep both guilds happy, just go in and do whatever you need to do to get the job done (ie, killing CT). That means kill everything if need be.

Grazel_VE
01-18-2002, 10:26 AM
A second army killing in the zone can get things cleared substantially faster; giving you a bigger window to nail CT before people fall asleep. IMO, as its your first shot at CT, that would be good enough reason to give up some of the epic spawns (but certainly not all of them).

If he's completely unwilling to negotiate, then someone's gonna get screwed one way or another. And you wouldn't have any choice other than what Andaas said.

VE has been in Uumdano's position at least three times. We always tried to negotiate quickly, and help clear the plane, precisely because we could predict this nasty deadlock. If Uumdano can't see it and wants to force a showdown, he's being foolish.