PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight

Elkwood
07-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Was a pretty good flick. Seemed to go on forever though. I thought that havey dent character actually stole the show.

Joker character was pretty good but didn't really do it for me.

renshin
07-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Elkwood. Where you been? I was going to pl you in aoc when you are on.

Renshin

Elkwood
07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Sigh ren i had a lightning strike on the house that blew up all my stuff. Stuck with a older pc right now that doesn't run aoc to good.

I have my parts picked up but after buying my new car and some stuff for it left me a bit short on cash.

Kallaill
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
ill plvl ur face renshin!

Domathoine
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Its a good movie, but lets face the facts.

Heath Ledger does NOT steal the show here. He plays a good Joker, no doubt, but it is not a career defining or world shattering performance.

The story is good, though perhaps not as polished as Batman Begins. Instead, the viewer is left with just enough details to get them into the next scene before something changes... a viable way to do a Joker storyline. However, lack of information and "filler" detail end up pushing this movie a little farther down than its' predecessor.

Worth a view, no doubt, but don't go in expecting miracles.

Kakeku
07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Ack, Elk! Sorry to hear abour the lighting strike. Hope your insurance will cover the tab.

I enjoyed Dark Night. Ledger as the joker gave a great performace. All characters in this movie had solid to great performace. I thought the girl Rachel' acting was the weakest but it is still solid.

Each piece of the movie is great but the whole product was not. I didn't feel any significant climax in th movie. The movie is about 20 minutes too long. Overall it is a very good movie different from other mindless summer flicks.

I hoped it would be a masterpiece like Lord of Ring- return of king type because of all hypes. It is not but I am not disappointed.

Kakeku
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I am with Doma. I like Batman Begin more.

Lonskils
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Its a good movie, but lets face the facts.

Heath Ledger does NOT steal the show here. He plays a good Joker, no doubt, but it is not a career defining or world shattering performance.

The story is good, though perhaps not as polished as Batman Begins. Instead, the viewer is left with just enough details to get them into the next scene before something changes... a viable way to do a Joker storyline. However, lack of information and "filler" detail end up pushing this movie a little farther down than its' predecessor.

Worth a view, no doubt, but don't go in expecting miracles.

Probably because Heath wasn't available for filler shots afterwards perhaps?

Domathoine
07-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I believe they had announced that all filming was done prior to his death.

Aniaa
07-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Ehh I thought he was dead before they were completely done. So sad he died... :(

Xanetia
07-19-2008, 02:00 AM
I thought it was fantastic, i honestly hated all the other batman movies i saw...but i didn't see batman begins...so i can't comment...i thought it was more like a "joker" movie with a hero in it...and they were like "hey! lets use batman!"

i thought Heath stole the show...but i'm a lady so i guess i'm biased? though i used to adore Christian Bale too...but Heath was fantastic... standing ovation by everyone in my theater... and that tractor trailer flip??? AWESOME!!!!!

You can be all "mediocre" about it, i thought it was one of the best movies i've ever seen and Heath should get an Oscar for it...he just proves he was extremely versatile, i honestly think though...he probably got so absorbed in such a creepy character that he needed those sleeping pills to go to sleep at night...and thats why he OD'd on them...but thats just my opinion....

ps. what about that new bond movie coming out that i saw in the previews! woo woo!!!!

Skaara
07-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Good flick. Nothing bad to say about it.

I am pretty stoked about the new bond film.

Aindayen
07-20-2008, 08:12 PM
They really did a great job of developing 2-face in my eyes.

I thought the Joker part was fantastic but it did get a great deal of hype. It was a very good acting job in my eyes. It wasn't the best ever, but very good.

All in all a very good movie. I would not put it over Iron Man though for enjoyment though.

Ain

Talas
07-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I liked this movie much more than Ironman, and think it met my expectations. I agree that Maggie Gyllenhaal was not great, but at least she was not Katie Holmes! Aaron Eckhart did a good job as well. He was featured on Leno and the clip they showed was pretty horrible acting (the scene with the press release). Thankfully, that was the only really bad scene he did...

There certainly was too much hype about Heath Ledger, but I think he did a fantastic job. He definitely made this movie. I'm pretty sure he'll get a nomination, maybe the best actor. So far I haven't seen any better acting this year, in my opinion. The joker can be a pretty flimsy character. I think he outdid Jack Nicholson's version by a mile. He really creeped me out. There were times where the audience was laughing, but it wasn't really comical, it was creepy and insane...

I don't know what to say about Christian Bale playing John Connor. I hope Arnold can make an appearance!

Angelie
07-22-2008, 12:28 AM
The "hype" on Heath Ledger wasn't over rated. He made Dark Knight that much better. He was the best performer out of all the actors/actress and definitely made me say "shit - that movie was the shit! the Joker owned!" I dunno about you - but I have yet to see a movie perform better than Heath this year. If you can think of a better actor for this year's release of movies - please let me know and I'll go watch it. Otherwise - there really isnt anyone better than how he played the role. He has my Best Actor award as Joker. You folks need to watch the movie again and look at how consistent he played the Joker...It's just pure money.

Kakeku
07-22-2008, 07:05 AM
I am not sure Heath Ledge' peformance as Joker can win oscar but it is definitely oscar worthy. I think this movie is so grand, story line and acting are so complicated and deep I probably need to watch twice to fully appreciate the movie.

gukaistar
07-22-2008, 08:52 AM
I thought this movie was fantastic. A great sequal to Batman Begins. I will go see it again.

Nexten
07-25-2008, 03:27 PM
very good movie...christian bale makes an awesome batman..just like the new james bond.

Doomhunter
07-26-2008, 01:06 AM
I thought it was a great movie :D - great joker, great batman, and VERY well-made action sequences/effects - definitely going to see it in IMAX tomorrow just to get the full feel of all the effects put into it - i hear the trailer-flipping scene is AWESOME in imax :P

Aindayen
07-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm still disappointed they totaled the bat-mobile. That thing was so bad ass...

Ain

Nexten
07-28-2008, 10:35 AM
He's a billionaire..he can build another

Forty
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Worth $7.0 billion to be exact.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/11/forbes-fictional-rich-oped-books-cx_de_mn_fict1507_1211top_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=1 5000

Aniaa
07-28-2008, 12:14 PM
LMFAO Forty! ;)

Nexten
07-28-2008, 12:58 PM
rofl...sounds more like a description of michael jackson..minus the billions of dollars

Aindayen
07-28-2008, 03:00 PM
He's a billionaire..he can build another

Ya I know. I'm just nervous this is going to be the transition to the retarded ones.

Ain

Lonskils
07-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Normally after the first 2 it all becomes just idiocy, will be neat to see.

redeemus
07-29-2008, 10:07 AM
project: someone find me a good torrent file on this pls!

Lonskils
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
there wont be any good ones for a while to come pete.

Gheltire
08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
wow

been a long time since I gripped the arm of the chair near the end of a movie and sat forward

signia
08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I downloaded this yesterday, great movie imo.

Micheal Jackson V.S. E.T ---- Alien Vs. Predator 3

redeemus
08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
downloaded the new batman?

Zappo
08-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm going to spoil the movie if you haven't seen it already, but I'll try to word it vaguely, just in case.

Did anyone notice the lighting on Aaron Eckhart? If you ask me, it made Nolan my new favorite director.

I started noticing this in the scene of Bruce's party--the light is always on his "good" side when he is acting like... well, like a hero.

When he shows his other side, ie after he "talks" with that guy involved in the Mayor shooting, the light is on his "bad" side.
So, I would argue, the light on one side of his face verses the other is used as a physical indication of his personality (at that time). This includes the last scene with his blown up picture.

signia
08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
yes pete, downloaded the new batman =o

redeemus
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
zip that bitch up and email it to me :D

Gheltire
08-04-2008, 10:08 AM
theyre out there Redeemus;)

you know what's amazing?

this movie has been out now for 3 weeks. It is now the time of internet movies. And it will still likely pass titanic when a decent % of viewers have only seen it via a free download. Amazing. Or people just want to see this more than hearing "JACK! JACK! HOLD ON JACK!" "/faint whistle blowing"

I've paid to see it twice now and found that copy just so I can watch it a couple more times. Same thing I did for LOTR - Fellowship. It was just that phenomenal that I was so engrossed in something that THAT world superceded mine just for a while.

And yeah while I acknowledge that I did own a comic shop for ten years I am biased...but I didn't see Batman: Begins, Superman, Spidey 3, X3, Blade 3, Hellboy, Ghost Rider, Speed Racer at the theatre (or in some cases even yet). So I don't fanboi too much just because it has a DC or Marvel logo.

Now Watchmen?

Fanboi = me

Elkwood
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I am a little worried about how they will do watchmen. Hope they don't fuck it up.

redeemus
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
elk show me the path u took to get the movie pls

Lonskils
08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
pete see me in game and I'll walk you through it. Posting in open public forum about something like this is a big ole no no from Andy.

redeemus
08-05-2008, 01:59 PM
morgan freeman went flying off the road somewhere in missisppi

Andaas
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Red, you can find pretty much anything you need at http://labaia.org