PDA

View Full Version : Hello again From Rackrunner EQ1 Druzzil Ro

Rackrunner
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Hello again my former Hoss guild mates EQ1, Druzzil Ro.

Rackrunner here, Necromancer.

Imagine my surprise when I open my email and see a Happy Birthday from Hoss in my in box! Holy cow talk about a blast from the past!!

I really miss Hoss and am certain you guys are handling WoW in the same strength and fashion that we did EQ on Druzzil Ro.

Reading some of the names here, the memories start flowing in;

Of course Andaas, Forty, Crimsonbanshee, Sendain, Lonskils, Angelie, Vestax, Lola, Jacais, Burnem, Qaedin, Elidroth....I'm almost certain of Dubs and Mytlee too but we are stretching the brain some. If I really tried I could catch quite a few more.

Ahh those were the best days of my On-Line gaming experience. I'm sure all of you that are playing are still tops on your respective servers and games of choice.

Anyway I have been thinking a lot about EQ over the last few weeks because I read that EQ Classic is coming back. Original Kunark and Scars of Velious expac. Ahh the great memories came rushing back.

Too bad the graphics will still be horrid but the game content is supposed to be all original in about every way. I'll probably play it for a month or two just to remember the old days ....

In my real life I started a successful company for 2 years, sold it. Waited for my 2 year compete clause to come about and started another company here 2 months ago that is taking off like wild fire and doing phenomenal again.

I've been playing EQ2 off and on on The Bazaar server (didn't realize what it was until it was too late) with a Necromancer named Ifistai (couldn't bring myself to take Rackrunner out of retirement) and then an alt Bruiser named Straiker.

Vanguard and Age of Camelot were non really my cup of tea so I went back and made an evil rogue Brigand on Crushbone server named Straiker as well. 13 days played to get him 80 and 130 AA points for anyone who plays EQ2.

Really I couldn't pass up the chance to say hello again to my old close friends and wish you the best.

May the loot Gods be always in your favor.

Paul

formerly Rackrunner Extrordinaire of Druzzil Ro EQ1
Straiker of The Bazaar and of Crushbone EQ2
Ifistai of The Bazaar

Rackrunner
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Thought you might get a kick out of this....

Your password is 1127 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

aed
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Hai!

Happy Birthday sir!

Oh, and welcome back :).

/aed

Lonskils
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
wow, hey there RR, what biz did ya create?

Crimsonbanshee
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Rack happy to see ya around again , Happy Bday too

Aindayen
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Glad to hear your doing well RR.

Ain

Rackrunner
08-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Hello again.

My line of work is Logistics and so I created a freight brokerage company.

I find shippers who need freight moved and I line them up with carriers to pull the freight and I take a small % of the transaction for my services. That is a very general description that doesn't really cover everything but for all intents and purposes its keeps me from typing another 1000 words or so.

So how is WoW doing? Played a free trial of it back in the day. It was interesting enough, I just never got around to playing it that much.

Forty
08-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Hello Rackrunner, and Happy Birthday!!

Gheltire
08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
haha Rackrunner small world on the biz side:)

I do about 1/4 3pl stuff the rest I run a division with about 80 trucks (mostly steps/flats/vans with a few hotshots)

with the aging driver base and rising benefit/maint costs of having employee fleets, logistics will just keep getting bigger I think...once this fuel gets back down a bit anyway:P

Angelie
08-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Small world indeed. Being in Supply Chain Management - I have to deal with you folks all the time! WE NEED OUR MEDICAL SUPPLIES OVER NIGHT!! ;)

Gheltire
08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
GD a broker, a carrier, and a shipper in the same thread!

so uhh what's the cargo liability on carrying a chest of iced hearts anyway:)

sendain
08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey Paul it's good to see you pal I'm still kicking it in EQ1 with Gemii Tren Ktul

Dubb
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Long time, no see. :D

I never moved on to other games after EverQuest, but I did play some EQEmu not long ago. Unfortunately I don't have time to play at all lately, but I liked it. Free of charge and the majority of emulated servers are much closer to the EQ I remember than the current state of EQLive.

Ktul
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Happy birthday Rack =)

Rackrunner
08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Amazing. Its to good to see the names and responses.

Medical supplies over night....yeah I'm all about expedited!

Small world indeed.

I bet EQ1 is amazingly powerful now, at least a toon could be. Rackrunner was super stacked back many years ago...can't imagine still bidding DKP on current gear..../drool.

I'm still thinking about EQ Classic just to fulfill an old dream of multiple accounts and grouping with my boys. Who knows.

Anyway take care all. Ill stop back by more often just to browse and keep in touch.

Warmest Regards and Best Wishes,

Paul
aka Rackrunner