PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Ragefire [Tues 1/22/02]

Blambil_VE
01-23-2002, 01:24 AM
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000465.html

Normally this isn't something I'd do. But, well, I'm going to outline the changes we're making to this quest in rather close detail. But first, let me try to explain the concern that players had with this quest.
With arguably the most popular Epic Quest item, the Cleric trying to gain his Epic item usually finds plenty of people to help in the process. Clerics are commonly the first in line with guilds to help with their epic quests. So Clerics tend to get further in their epic quest faster than many others. This has lead to a very nasty 'bottleneck' for Clerics trying to complete the quest. The Ragefire portion of the quest has been creating a lot of static among players.

So we have decided to make a change to the end portion of this quest. To reduce confusion and to help people understand why we're making this change, I'm going to give out a few specific details. These changes will go Live with the patch tonight.

For those that are not interested in quest details, consider the rest of this post SPOILER INFORMATION:

First, the 'merchant' version of Zordak will now appear at a different location in SoldungB. He will appear once each day (except after a server comes down, then he will spawn in one to three days). The appearance of this NPC will no longer require the absence of Lord Nagafen.

The cleric still turns in his Shimmering Pearl to Zordak. But now the merchant Zordak will return a Swirling Pearl to the Cleric and disappear.

At that point the Cleric will need to head out and look for him. A killable version of Zordak will appear independent of the pearl turn-in every few days (except after a server goes down, then he will appear a little faster). Killing Zordak will transform him into dragon form, and the Cleric (with help…) must kill him immediately.

The new dragon Zordak will drop a heart that is a container that requires the Swirling Pearl to be combined in it to create the Heart that is turned in to Omat.

The rest of the quest remains the same.

The goal of these changes is to reduce the problems with the bottleneck that existed before. They will not remove that bottleneck, but hopefully will remove the nasty competition for a single spawn with so many people willing to be… rude to each other.

Alan

Eliyahu
01-23-2002, 06:54 AM
Seeing as how this is the only spawn on this rotation schedule I give 2 farts about how are we gonna handle it? Are we gonna go through the same rotation pattern merely scaled up so that one guild per day does him as per their rotation spot? This seems a good way of avoiding the feeding frenzy that everyone can already see happening to trigger ragefire immediately and then continue to spawn him every day after til their guild is done. Also it seems to me that we could even make a time every evening to kill him for the next cleric in line thus ensuring he is killed and all clerics ready are able to do him.

This change is one of the most incredible that VI has decided to implement. I for one (I'm a cleric of course) couldn't stop shaking last night when I read this and thought of what it would mean to my small guild.

I know the server is jacked but I was at the Dain killing yesterday on an alt just to help out and I thought that was the spirit we should all have about Vindi going ffa. ML and L`malla were amazing getting in there and setting up faster than Vindi could. Eventually, if all the guilds work together to kill every spawn they can, as soon as possible, I think some of the Vindi members will start to second guess their decision to go ffa. If they end up only getting 1-2 kills a week, less than they were previously getting, and also having to deal with the stigma of being a rogue guild and the target for alot of enmity I think they will begin to fall apart. If however even 1 of the remaining guilds decides to go to ffa then I don't think the collective remaining guilds could do anything about it.

I'm sorry that my guild can't be of great help as we are very small but we are in support of the IGB and in salvaging what we can. We are willing to help in any way we can.

Eliyahu
59 Templar
Forge of Ro

Grazel_VE
01-23-2002, 11:15 AM
IMO, The first new Ragefire should go to Ahjess.

Saeadebe
01-30-2002, 02:04 AM
little birds report to me that certain guilds wHO shaNt bE nameD are trying to monopolize new ragefire spawn.
um...
Dont we have enough stupid arguments and actions going on right now? Play socially or go back to Quake.

Sows McBuff
01-30-2002, 05:13 AM
lol...farming a broken spawn? get a life :D

Saeadebe
01-31-2002, 08:44 AM
no shit. i didnt believe it myself when i heard.