PDA

View Full Version : The new (old) IGB

Andaas
01-26-2002, 06:50 PM
So here we are in a new era for Druzzil Ro. There are a lot of people confused about what is happening and why, but I think we all need to be able to deal with things for the moment and try to make the best of things.

I have locked all of the rotation/non-rotation threads, as they really don't mean much right now. You may then be asking, what is the purpose of this forum then?

Well... the IGB was originally formed so that all out war didn't break out on our server. There was a lot of bad blood between Seekers and ML, and I tried to get everyone to work together to make Druzzil Ro a more peaceful place.

This forum is where official guild representatives could talk and settle problems outside of public forums (which typically degenerated into flame fests). As that was the original intent of this forum, I think that the usefulness of the IGB has not worn itself out - it has just changed from what we all grew used to over the past year.

Rotations and other things were sort of developed on the side over time, and I will be the first to say were actually the downfall of what the IGB became.

Anyway, at this point I would like to go back to the roots of what this forum was. A place to settle grievences, a place to argue, a place to make arrangements with others (yes, believe it or not, even a FFA server can allow for a guild to "plan" a raid someplace under the right conditions).

So.. what do you think the IGB should be now?

Ciner
01-27-2002, 06:41 AM
A place to settle grudes so the server does not fall to the level of training.

Sorry I did not even notice this forum until today, wasnt informed and really havn't been reading.

I do think a forum where we can comment on trains and issues that arrise would be nice. I realize ML will just petition and involve GMs as per Rohasia's post... and I suppose thats fine if thats how everyone wants it to become, but it could be easier if we dont involve GMs at all.