PDA

View Full Version : Coraline

Zeyla
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Very excellent movie, I would highly recommend it.

It is a Tim Burton movie in the vein of Nightmare Before Christmas that uses the same type of stop motion animation.

If you can see it in a theater that has the RealD 3D technology, DO IT! It was the most incredible 3D I have ever seen, not gimmicky but really added depth to the entire movie.

Z

Phaera
03-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Kiddies have been asking me about seeing this. Guess I should take them before they quit showing it in the theatres. ><

travoid
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Tim Burton had nothing to do with it. Henry Sellick wrote and directed it, based on Neil Gaiman's book. Incidently, Henry Sellick also directed Nightmare before Christmas.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear its good.

Zeyla
03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know that... Here I was thinking it was a Tim Burton production all along... Not very observant I guess ;)

travoid
03-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought it was Tim Burton at first too, but happened to look at the IMDB page and saw it was the other guy. I think everybody assumes Tim Burton directed Nightmare because his name is in the title. I guess he just wrote the story for it.

Domathoine
03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Tim Burton PRODUCED Nightmare. I made the same mistake.

Our theatre didn't carry Coraline... and I don't have a vehicle to get into Lexington, which most surely does.

Sad :-(

Lonskils
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Then watch it in the comfort of your home! To bad you don't know anyone that has the movie /wink

Domathoine
03-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Good point!

Up for some file transfer sessions, Lons? ;-)

Which reminds me... have most of you abandoned mIRC?

Lonskils
03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I did, I would go there and there would only be like 3 people in there and all afk. Wasn't worth idling. And sure I can set up a transfer anytime.

Domathoine
03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I've checked in a few times now and then and it's basically as you described... mostly AFKs.

I'll park in there more and converse if other people wish to re-imbark on the mystical mIRC journeys.