PDA

View Full Version : Xmen Origins: Wolverine

Lonskils
04-02-2009, 05:15 AM
*cough* yeah

gukaistar
04-02-2009, 07:18 AM
I've always been a huge fan of Wolverine, and I really like Hugh Jackman.

Daniel Negreanu (good Canadian boy) has a cameo appearance in this. Hopefully it's a good one!

Phaera
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Hugh Jackman. Wolverine. Yeah! :D

Esmeralda
04-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Dude! I'm excited...this and Star Trek..come on! It's going to be a good summer. :)

Domathoine
04-02-2009, 10:16 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

I almost feel like they're milking here, rather than trying to put out their own great stand-alone.

The previews look meh, at best. I'm hoping they didn't give away the most badass line of the summer in the preview...

Phaera
04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
5 minutes of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. :D

And this woman playing Emma? Eh. Maybe I'm overly picky, but that'll end up being a big role to play if they ever really expand upon her in another X-Men movie. To do her justice, I mean.

Lonskils
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Doma, I just watched it. I not completely finished version was leaked on the web yesterday. It was pretty darn good.

Zephyrae
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
It was pretty good (i just watched the leak)... I'm still not sure how I feel about Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, but was refreshingly surprised by Will.I.Am and the guy who plays Maverick/Agent Zero (though, he looks Asian and the character is supposed to be German... oh well, he was hot shit anyway).

Just cuz I've seen the leak I definitely plan to see the movie (cuz I'm a nerd and have a big homosexual boner for multitude of neverending man candy in the film, and the Marvel Universe in general :P)... Even though this was the Wolverine story, I still would've liked to have seen a bit more of the other characters but what I've seen seems to work just fine!

gukaistar
04-03-2009, 08:08 AM
We love your big homosexual boner.

Domathoine
04-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't think I could justify watching versions that still show the zip lines :-/

Regardless, both have you have said that this is a good movie... more depth plox!

Without explaining the plot, tell me if they paid attention to the plot... Do they follow backstory pretty well? No obvious continuity gaps, etc?

Those are usually the things that end up derailing me from a movie like this in the long run.

Zephyrae
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
A) it's really hard to do that without giving away plot

B) There is such a multitude of continuities and just altogether standalone X-Men series that you can't really claim a true "right" or "wrong" backstory.

But here we go (I'm going to assume that the points I'm bringing up are the ones you'd be concerned with) ... They kinda dodge the whole Canadian Intelligence thing, though there is a mentioning of him being Canadian and you see him fighting in multiple wars. NO THAT WAS NOT A SPOILER. ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN A TRAILER KNOWS THAT PART SO GET OFF MY BACK <3

There are some characters that have been introduced somewhat randomly that don't quite fit in in the timeline of Wolverine's written history but overall the way they are introduced still makes sense for the most part but leaves some open questions for more spinoffs. At the same time this isn't a broad X-Men movie — it's primarily just James/Logan's story.

It's that previous point though that you might have the biggest problem. If you look at the overall timeline of when certain characters have been introduced (major characters of the X-Men series) you're going to wonder, "hmmm... if this is when they're introducing Cyclops, Gambit, Emma Frost how does that fit in with the timing of some of the X-Men movies already out and how do some of these mutants fit in overall in the Marvel Universe if they've already been burned this "early" in the timeline.

I usually take the X-Men as illustrated by Jim Lee as my primary reference (though I'm a big fan of Ultimate X-Men and it seems as though the more recent X-Men movies seem to be taking a lot more inspiration from the Ultimate universe) for "right" and "wrong" (they're just the most socially relevant and IMO cohesive span of the X-Men comics). In this vein, if you glued all that lore together with what happens in the movie, Gambit would be an old man by the time he started getting jiggy with Rogue (she's a fucking teenager in the other movies!) and Emma Frost has about ZERO time to go from good girl to badass sexy kitten of the Hellfire Club (she's one of my favorites so I'll admit it peeved me that they would burn her off so "early" in the film lineage).

The Weapon X aspect of the story is followed pretty accurately, though if they had changed that the production staff, along with Jackman himself, would have been skinned alive if they got the procedure and motivations wrong.

Overall, I just look at all of the X-Men movies as a continuity all their own. They haven't really fit entirely into any single vein of source material but have blended the multiple continuities into something more digestible by audiences at large. Just watch it!

/hugs and kisses, Zeph

Lonskils
04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
They did a LOT of shit wrong, Deadpool being the major one. But if you didn't know what was going on, you woudln't know or care. Was a good flick regardless, but don't go seeing it and thinking it stays true to anything.

Domathoine
04-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Zeph, I had no idea you were such an X-men buff.

+10 to man-crush on Zephy.

Zephyrae
04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Lons, they fucked up Deadpool and a lot of people are going to be pissed about that... (I was never a big fan but he's definitely got a following). I wasn't sure if I brought him up if I'd be spoiling anything but I suppose not.

Yay! Doma love!

Aindayen
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Will you fuckers actually put up spoilers. JFC its not even out yet and your talking about specifics, not assumptions.

I heard about the leak but I didn't want it to be wrecked as some special effects weren't in place. I'm looking forward to it, or what I haven't read in this thread......

Ain

Lonskils
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Aind, Wolverine dies in the end.

Angelie
04-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Snape killed dumbledore!

renshin
04-07-2009, 05:38 AM
Dragonballz GT > X-Men or

Samurai X > X-Men or

Hentai > All Movies

Angelie
04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Tentacle Renshin > Hentai

Andriana Duskrose
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
The real question about the movie is, if Wolverine and Batman (Batman Batman, not Kirynos Batman) fought, who would win?

Angelie
04-07-2009, 02:37 PM
My money is on Batman!! He'll probably just pay off Magneto to kick wolverine's ass! I mean comon - even Superman was no match vs Batman!

Lonskils
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Wolverine duh, he knows all the fighting styles Batman does plus he can heal from anything Batman does.

Angelie
04-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll just lure wolverine on top of a giant magnet :( or have a giant magnet hovering on top of us!! *Clank!*

Aindayen
04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
I hate you guys.... :p

Ain

Mudderford
04-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Yea good movie besides them fucking deadpool up big time <--- deadpool fan :D also zeph fuck yea i didnt know u liked comics

Zephyrae
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
comics rock... when is psylocke getting a movie? :P I <3 her

Elkwood
04-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Psylocke ! wow i almost forgotten about her. I not read much since she was blinded way back in the day.

Sabertootth
04-13-2009, 07:00 PM
u guys forget that Wolverine can be killed they killed him in the comics i dont know what issue but i know thwey killed him and i believe it was by the US military without adamantium so im pretty sure batman can kick his but and lets just say if i were mganeto i would only worry about cyclops now theres a tactical weapon right there someone that can shhot a laser at u from a mile way? now wolverine he has to get up close and personal u would detect him on a radar from miles away and run. cyclops just put him right outside and let him go to town or even Havoc (cyclops' bro)

You could even use those anti mutant bullets and then just shoot him and let him bleed out

Beelzebubs
04-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Wolverine has the same healing factor as Deadpool so really should be unkillable. Hell in the the Deadpool and Cable comics think it was #47, Wolverine cut off Wade Wilsons head, all Wolvie did was tell Bob to put the head back on the the body and it'd be fine. Admittedly Bob did fuck up a bit but DP healed :p

Batman would get his ass kicked if it was non Adamantium. With Adamantium Batman would win due to some stupid Batman magnetic technology.

Lonskils
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
YouTube - Batman gets pwned (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks8PZ8X6Yo8&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=421A841A5FCFB118)

Aindayen
05-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Had a lot of drinks, had a lot of drinks...

Ain

Lonskils
05-25-2009, 01:15 AM
YouTube - Wolverine: The Musical! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFutWATCPg0)

Alexthegreat
05-25-2009, 11:24 AM
LOL! awesome :p