PDA

View Full Version : Need some help plzzz....

Aniaa
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm trying to d/l WoW from the Blizzard d/l'er and for some reason keep getting stuck at 4% with this message:

The installer was unable to read the file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft Installer\Installer Tome 2.mpq". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The data being read was "MPQs-1\Classic common\unconditional\Data#common-2.MPQ\World\Maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_30_31.adt", and the error code was 8.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (Converter::Load)

I've been trying to figure out wth is going on..... but ya I'm pretty much lost. Only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm stuck behind a firewall or that WoW and Blizzard hate me with a passion and this is their F*** you to me??? Anyway... any help is MUCH appreciated!

Valdis
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
If you have any friends that live near you just take an external HD over and just copy it from them and paste it at home. Otherwise Bliz DL seems to hate me to for anything past patch size.

Aniaa
05-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Ughh unfortunately for me I don't know anyone around here that plays WoW..... i r screwed.

Octavus
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I had problems with my firewall, when I switched out my graffics card. I would go to the blizzard site and go to their trouble shooting tab. They have a lot of Q/A posts. I'm sure your not the first person to encounter this problem

Lonskils
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Are you downloading the first one first then the second one etc?

Aniaa
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Ya tried that... same problem everytime.

Lonskils
05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
computer go boom

Aniaa
05-12-2009, 04:30 PM
.................................................. ..hmmmmmm :rain: I just need to go get my computer from OK that's all there is too it.

Lonskils
05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I believe I told you to do that just the other day!

Aniaa
05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
LAWL yes... yes you did.... jump on yahoo already!