PDA

View Full Version : WoW UI Thread

Andaas
05-17-2009, 09:42 PM
If we had one of these.. it's long gone, so thought I'd start a new one since I just redid my UI. Here's my current UI in both healing and shadow modes.

Aindayen
05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Any chance we can add what your generally using? I know the list is probably long but I'm just looking for ballpark.

Ain

Domathoine
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Current UI.

Hoping its one of the last screenshots I take, canceled account is in effect!

Sleek and minimalistic is the name of the game here.

Lonskils
05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Any chance we can add what your generally using? I know the list is probably long but I'm just looking for ballpark.

Ain

I posted up in the thread you started what I use with some SS of them.

Aindayen
05-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I posted up in the thread you started what I use with some SS of them.

Gotcha, thanks Lons!

Ain

Kakeku
05-20-2009, 06:03 AM
How do you guys manage you UI so well? My UI always looks like a cluster of fuck, similar to Allara's in raid.

Allara has so many empty slots in his inventory!

Angelie
05-20-2009, 09:36 AM
HAHAHAA - Kak said Allara's UI is a cluster fuck....oooooh--this will anger the Gods!! LOL :smile:

Andaas
05-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm still tweaking mine after the overhaul last weekend. Going to move a few more status bars around, but it's getting there; I'll post an updated shot from the raid tonight to show the current evolution.

gukaistar
05-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Agree with Ain. Please post up some of the UI names you use with the pictures. I find it's helpful if for no more then to jog my memory when i'm messing around with ui changes. =)

Phaera
05-26-2009, 02:20 PM
My little work in progress. I like it, but I don't know that I'm entirely satisfied with it yet. And I think I have too many addons running (you can't see most of them luckily). Anyways it looks more cluttered up when raiding, but since I haven't raided yet with it, I can't really post a shot now can I? :D

Angelie
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Join AV and you can take more PiX of nakedness!

deezy
07-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Example of how my gui looks while idling in dalaran. Also included a screenshot of how it looks with 25 raid frames.

Beelzebubs
12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Resurrecting from the dead as I think my new UI is pretty damned nifty! Can't figure out how to show my keybinds though :(

Domathoine
12-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Beelze: I like! Clean, minimalist, plenty of extra screen space.

Here is mine. I decided I'd do a complete overhaul after I activated the dr00d again.

Obviously, this is my rogue, but you get the idea.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1650/wowscrnshot120509222723.jpg

Allara
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM
I've been asked to share information about my UI. My post earlier in this thread was quite out of date, so I'm starting a new one. I'll add in-raid screenshots to this later. For now, here's out of combat.

Allara
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
Here's a list of the add-ons I use along with a brief description. Hope it helps widen your horizons when it comes to add-ons!

_NPCScan and _NPCScan.Overlay - Recently featured on MMO Champion, these add-ons continuously scan for rare NPCs in the world around you and pop up a notification when you find one.
Acheron RL - Captures up to 60 seconds of combat log data leading up to a player's death.
AckisRecipeList - Helps you locate all recipes throughout the game.
AdvancedTradeSkillWinow - Just what it says.
AlgalonObserver - Absolutely essential for all players during the Algalon fight.
Atlas - Maps of all instances.
Auctioneer - The quintessential auction house add-on suite.
Auditor - Tracks money gains and losses, shows my account-wide balance.
BadBoy - Suppresses spam and automatically reports it.
BigBrother RL - Reports to me all Misdirects, Tricks of the Trade, and crowd control breaks.
Broker_CalendarEvents - LDB feed that lets me open the calendar.
BuffEnough - Red box when I'm not fully buffed. Green when buffed. Hover to see which buffs you're missing and the player who last gave you the buff.
BugSack - My choice for best Lua error capturer. Includes an LDB feed.
ButtonFacade and ButtonFacade_Apathy - Skin for all buttons. Apathy is my choice of skin at the moment.
caelNamePlates - Very lightweight nameplate add-on. Aloft broke my framerate as of 3.3, so trying this one out.
Carbonite - Questing/leveling add-on, I only turn this on for alts.
Chatter - Chat add-on.
Chinchilla - Minimap add-on, and lets me move a lot of other frames around.
Clique - I use this to add a Shift+Click action to all unit frames which casts Misdirect.
Combuctor - All-in-one bag add-on.
Deadly Boss Mods - You should know this well. I'm thinking of trying out DXE at some point.
Decursive - Only active on my paladin and Esmeralda, you should know what this is.
Dominos - My bar add-on. I've tried others; this gets it done easier and more lightweight.
eePanels2 - Creates the black gradient effect at the bottom of the screen.
ElkBuffBars - I do a million things with this add-on, it's one of my biggest tricks for high raid performance.
EnhancedFlightMap - Shows you a timer on flights, places all flight points on your map, etc.
EnsidiaFails RL - Outputs failure messages to our hossfail channel.
Fatality RL - Modified Outputs player deaths to hossfail along with what killed them.
FeignResistMessage - Notifies me when a Feign Death was resisted.
ForteXorcist - My DoT timer.
Fortress - LDB output add-on. Arranges all my LDB feeds around various places on screen.
FreeRefills - Refills my bags with items from the bank, buys items from vendors automatically.
FriendsWithBenefits - Automatically synchronizes my friend list across my alts.
FuBar_FactionsFu and FuBar2Broker - Still the best reputation add-on out there. Since I don't use FuBar, I had to adapt this to LDB.
GatherMate - The best gathering add-on.
GearScore - A direct correlation to player skill.
Gladius - Arena frames.
HeadCount RL - Our raid tracking utility.
HoloFriends - Enhanced friend list. Lets me categorize friends into groups.
ItemDB - Lets me pull item links out of my cache at random to link stuff to people.
ItemLevelDKP RL - Determines our DKP prices for items.
LDB_PitchSpeed - LDB feed showing me my current pitch and velocity, to maximize flight speed.
LightHeaded - Attaches to your quest log and gives you all the WowHead comments for quests.
LinkWrangler - Lets me have up to 4 item tooltips up at one time, persist them, relink them, etc.
LoggerHead RL - Automatically turns on combat logging in raids.
MagicTargets RL - Summary of all raid targets along with how many players are targeting them.
MikScrollingBattleText - I only use a few features from this, mainly rep gain, loot, in/out of combat, etc. I don't use the combat text anymore, it was pointless. This add-on also generates a huge KILL SHOT! warning when my target is in execute range.
Mongoose - Tells me to turn on/off Aspect of the Viper.
Mounted - Randomly picks a new mount for you based on a variety of options and weights.
MozzFullWorldMap - Reveals the entire world map, even if you haven't explored it yet.
Omen - Threat add-on.
OmniCC - Puts my skill cooldowns directly on the buttons. Amazingly helpful for executing a tight rotation.
OpenAll - Adds buttons to the mailbox to let you grab all items or all money automatically in one click.
OPie - Puts all my lesser-used buttons such as tradeskills into off-screen "rings" that you can bring up with a keypress.
oRA2 RL - List of tanks. Invite the guild to the raid. Auto-promote players, etc.
Outfitter - Best and most stable outfit change add-on. Start cooking? Equips your chef's hat. Fishing, PvP, etc, all automatic.
Overachiever - All kinds of achievement enhancements, I highly recommend this if you like achievements.
PallyPower - Only turned on for my paladin.
Pawn - Gives all gear a score based on a user-defined set of weights. Used for snap judgements on gear upgrades when the spreadsheet isn't handy.
Pitbull4 - Unit frame add-on. This is the most fully-featured, fully-configurable, optimized unit frame in existence.
PowerAuras - Adds proc effects to my screen when my trinkets go off.
QuestGuru - Quest log replacement, quest tracker replacement, tracks your quest history.
RaidComp RL - With one click I can see exactly which buffs/debuffs we have available in the current raid. I can see which classes and specs would provide missing ones, create hypothetical raids, etc.
RangeDisplay - Range to your current target.
RankWatch RL - Recently featured on MMO Champion, this will send you a "wall of text" if it catches you using a spell not at max rank. We already fixed Zeyla's battle rez, and Better's rank 1 Mortal Strike. Fear the spam!
RatingBuster - Adds on to an item tooltip and displays a summary of the item's stats after all conversions. Shows deltas when comparing items.
RedRange - Turns your buttons red when out of range, or blue when out of mana.
Routes - Combine with Gatherer for ultra-efficient gathering.
Scorchio RL - Tracks Scorch and Torment the Weak effects on my current target. Can do more for mages, but I only use those features.
Skada - Damage meter, etc. Better and more lightweight than Recount. Can have multiple windows up simultaneously, this is how I can monitor DPS and healing all at once.
SLDataText - Most of the text on-screen comes from this. Mail, zone, guild, friends, etc.
SpeedyActions - Skills will fire when you press the key down, instead of releasing the key.
tekKompare - The item comparison tooltip will always be on with this add-on.
tekMapEnhancer - Scales the map down so it doesn't cover the entire screen.
TimeToDie RL - Predicts how long it will be before the target dies.
TinyTip - My tooltip add-on of choice.
TomTom - Waypoint add-on with 3D arrow. Combine with Gatherer and Routes for amazingly efficient gathering.
Track-o-Matique - Fixes my tracking for max DPS.
TweakWoW - Exposes lots of hidden configuration options in WoW.
Utopia RL - Mostly used to track debuffs on bosses, I turned that part off. Utopia tells me when any player in the raid changes specs. Also adds who casted a buff to the buff tooltip, shows the amount of improvement through talents, and whether the buff is max rank or not. Utopia also records every fight in detail, and provides a graphical display of the fight afterwards, which highlights important moments such as deaths, Heroism, rebirths, etc. Tracks aura uptimes during combat, etc.
XLoot RL - Loot/roll window replacement, makes it very pretty and functional. This is how I link boss loot after a kill.

Octavus
01-01-2010, 09:38 AM
You make me feel inadequet. I'm definately gonna DL some of those next time I'm at my pooter though...

Octavus
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
ElkBuffBars - I do a million things with this add-on, it's one of my biggest tricks for high raid performance.

/discuss

Looks like it shows buffs/debuffs or am I missing something?

Allara
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Correct. The trick is, and many people don't know this: you can create as many "groups" of buffs/debuffs as you want. You can set those groups to show any collection of buffs/debuffs, put them anywhere on the screen, make them look however you want, etc.

I will try to get some raid shots up later next week as we do some 25s, to show you exactly what I mean.

Take Hodir -- ElkBuffBars (EBB) is almost entirely the reason I topped the meters last week on that.

Octavus
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I have set up a few of these addons so far. Thank you for the list. The following is what I'm currently using.

Buffenough
chatter
forteexorcist
powerauras
skada
timetodie
Omen
DBM
Ora2

Still need to set up an action bar modifier that I like. Tried bartender and didn't really like it. Probably try pitbull at some point but one step at a time.

Only thing that I'm missing and really want to include is an addon that that I can set up to alert me when my Improved Shadow Bolt debuff (Shadow Mastery) is not on the target. Forte shows it with a dot timer but I want an announcement that flashes in the middle of my screen. I only have to worry about it during my execute phase (below 30%) when I stop using shadowbolt as a filler, but still need to cast it every 30 seconds to reapply SM. Anyone have any ideas?

Allara
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
PowerAuras is probably best for this. We can have a discussion about how to set it up sometime soon.

Octavus
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I was under the impression that power aura doesn't track (Dots) cast on mobs only self buff/debuff/cooldowns... I was trying to get PA to work on it but gave up. If I can use power auras I would be very very happy.

Allara
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you can setup an aura looking at your target, for when a buff/debuff ISN'T on the unit. It's pretty capable, but the configuration is a bit obtuse.

Lonskils
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
scorchio is what you need oct

Octavus
01-04-2010, 10:36 AM
nice. I saw that on Allara's list but thought it may only track scorch. Ill give it a try today.

Lonskils
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
It tracks them all.

Allara
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I've attached a ZIP file that will allow you to replicate the look of my fonts, window borders, etc. Unzip this directly into your WoW folder. Within the archive are two folders: Fonts and Interface. This will replace the four default WoW fonts, and most of the basic textures that render dialogs, tooltips, etc. It's perfectly safe.

Wresh
01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
I've attached a ZIP file that will allow you to replicate the look of my fonts, window borders, etc. Unzip this directly into your WoW folder. Within the archive are two folders: Fonts and Interface. This will replace the four default WoW fonts, and most of the basic textures that render dialogs, tooltips, etc. It's perfectly safe.

No keyloggers?? WTH!!

Octavus
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
It tracks them all.

Just got Scorchio. Nice little addon, now I have fog horns, bells, whistles and creepy voices constantly alerting me. I can now play without watching the screen at all. Cheers to addons that perpetuate my laziness.

Allara
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM
More dots!

Maegwin
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Really, don't know much about Scorchio but TellMeWhen is perfectly capable (and lightweight) for tracking ISB - it does both self buffs/debuffs and target buffs/debuffs. It puts a big icon (scalable to the size of your choice), wherever you want on your screen when the condition is met.

Aindayen
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Scorchio rocked, until it stopped tracking my missle proc (As a bar, not giant friggen letters). I still use it for the other spells obviously

Ain

Allara
01-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Well, insomnia continues to strike me tonight. So, here are a few action shots right as we are going into a pull on Rotface. This gives you a fairly decent idea of what the UI looks like in combat.

Allara
01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I found a quick example of my "proc bar". This is the Big Trick™ which lets me perform really well on fights like Hodir where synergizing cooldowns and knowing if you're in range of certain things is critical.

Look at the bigger "Lock and Load" bar in the middle of this screenshot. This is ElkBuffBars. I have two of these groups in the middle of my screen, one for buffs, and one for debuffs. I currently have all of these things tracked in those groups:

Storm Power
Touch of Darkness
Starlight
Empowered Light
Rune of Power
Touch of Light
Lock and Load
Empowered Darkness
Hand of Protection
Surge of Speed
Powering Up
Toasty Fire
Sanity
Deterrence

On Hodir, this group shows me big and bold in the middle of my screen when I'm in range of or have any of the buffs in the fight. Once I gather one or more of them plus Storm Power, I let loose with cooldowns and pwn faces. You'll also recognize certain mechanics from fights like Twin Val'kyr, Yogg Saron, and Assembly of Iron.

Hope it helps!

Kikiyo
01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Just curious on how you can keep track of your rotation through that mess. The rotation is all the way at the bottom and yet your whole screen is covered. Whats your PoV when you use this? Are you constantly checking back and forth between character and bars to figure out when you should use your buttons?

Valdis
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Yea Állara WoW is somewhere beneath that mess you play with right? :p

Valdis
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Also is the right side of your screen both yours and your pets buffs?

Kikiyo
01-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Sadly, I've seen MUCH worse where you can barely see the floor but everything is alphaed so they can still play. But the entire screen is UIs

Angelie
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Can you imagine Allara playing with Grid as a healer that covers half his screen on top of all of that? That's sexy! :love:

Allara
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate all the positive feedback. :tongue:

Go ahead and take a look at combat logs from the past several months if you think this UI doesn't work.

Also two words: raid leader. I wouldn't need half that shit on the screen normally. The only reason I finally, after years, added Raid Targets to my screen, is because people couldn't switch targets in ToC and I had to call them out by name. If you would prefer that Hoss was still stuck on Heroic Northrend Beasts, I can clean this up a bit. (Edit: In fact, now that we aren't stuck on NRB, maybe I will remove them again, hehe.)

Angelie
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Damn - Allara turned to Wresh!

:cry: >>> This is the only emo icon I could find... Allara needs his morning hugs today!!! :tongue:

Andaas
01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
They're just messing with you man. I often used to joke about my UI allowing me to see a 10x10 pixel square of the world in the middle of my screen! (That wasn't true, but was just a funny thing I thought one day when noticing *all* the raid crap I run). I'm sure that you and I probably run far more addons than most people. :)

The one note/comment I have is that when I place bars/notifiers that block the boss and/or my character, I tend to "miss" key things like fire and shit - and it turns me into Aindayen. I like to keep the character box + boss viewport area somewhat clear so I can see what the boss does, etc. For instance last night, I was using the visual of Rotface turning toward me as a cue to "move away from the spew"; the DBM notification was on, but it was more fluid for me to just move away from his face.

I've tried lots of different setups; currently, I have grid plus my ForteXorcist bars hanging out on the left side of my screen (directly over my chat window). I previously had Forte bars under my character (but found, especially when multi-dotting, that the bars would creep up into my character space and cause me to Aind myself).

Allara
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Edit:

Yes, I'm actually not feeling well at all today. Sorry that I'm coming off like a jerk, I think I really do need hugs.

Kikiyo
01-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Sorry, I was not trying to sound mean. I really wanted to know how you are doing it. There is so much going on in that screen that I was just surprised that you are able to keep your rotation going and wondering how you do it. For me, my eyes would be bouncing all over the place and I am try wondering how you can still dodge stuffs just fine while keeping your rotation tight?

Angelie
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
:boyhug::girlhug:

THERE YOU GO ALLARA!

Allara
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Sorry, I was not trying to sound mean. I really wanted to know how you are doing it. There is so much going on in that screen that I was just surprised that you are able to keep your rotation going and wondering how you do it. For me, my eyes would be bouncing all over the place and I am try wondering how you can still dodge stuffs just fine while keeping your rotation tight?

Well, the answer is probably that I can do the SV rotation in my sleep, blindfolded, with three hands tied behind my back. :)

Seriously, it is so deeply ingrained, that none of it is conscious at all. I don't even notice it. I play with a large monitor -- if you were physically looking at it with me, I don't think you'd feel like it was cluttered. Everything off to the left and right is way out in my peripheral during a fight, but the moments when I do need to see that information (and it happens a lot), I can look left or right.

The trick is to focus only on the part you need right then. Fight mechanic happening? Focus on the world around you. Creeping up on threat? Focus in on the little Omen meter (no point in looking at it otherwise). Want to verify you're doing OK on the meters? Glance briefly at Skada if you want. Is the add not going down quick enough? Glance at Magic Targets up top first, then quickly scan the Raid Targets list, using the highlight to help do it quickly (this is a very expensive task in terms of brain power). Did I get a debuff? I need to look to the right at my debuff list. And on and on. You're never looking at everything all at once -- that's impossible. In fact I'm usually looking at very few things -- but when I need to know something right now about the fight, having all of this on-screen is essential.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I tend to move my camera a LOT during fights. Maybe this somehow makes up for my lack of empty real estate, hehe.

Allara
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Aw, thank you Ang! :love:

Allara
01-07-2010, 12:47 PM
OK thanks for everyone's feedback, sorry I got upset earlier, lol. So now that we no longer have issues with Flame Leviathan or Heroic Northrend Beasts, I was able to remove Raid Targets and Raid Pets. I made Raid Players skinnier. I also moved the big DBM bar to the right, and moved Forte high up top. I removed a few of Forte's spells. I removed my pet buffs. Turned off PowerAuras. Added a new addon called CError which removes all error messages from the top. This should clear up the center of my screen pretty well.

Oh, and I turned off RaidBuffStatus and RankWatch. No more spam from me. (For now...) :tongue:

Proc bar is staying for now -- right in the fucking center over my character -- it's only up for a few seconds at a time and I need it to override almost all other visual inputs, heh.

Angelie
01-07-2010, 01:33 PM
You'll prolly need it for Heroic Deathwhisper hehe (or at least I'd ask you to point me in the right direction where to get is so I can tell who isn't targeting the magic immune / physical immune targets fast enough) :tongue:

Allara
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah I can just hit a switch to turn it back on.

Valdis
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
We need to review your new UI. Also what is this proc bar thing? Which one is that? There are time I manage to ignore my POWA warnings.

Allara
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll be taking video of tonight's Putricide attempts. I'll try to get that up so you can see it actually in action. A lot is lost in screenshots.

Valdis
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
What about the proc bar? Man I feel like I have medicine head and I haven't taken any yet...

Allara
01-07-2010, 05:34 PM
It's up a few posts, on page two somewhere :)

Angelie
01-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I use NEED TO KNOW for my proc bars...

Aindayen
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
What can I use to get health and mana %'s for a boss mob or target?

I'd also like something that will give me the amount of people targetting my target.

Ain

Allara
01-14-2010, 04:18 PM
What can I use to get health and mana %'s for a boss mob or target?

Pitbull (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/pitbull4.aspx) will do this. I'm sure others will as well.

I'd also like something that will give me the amount of people targetting my target.

Magic Targets (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9098-MagicTargets.html)

Rennys
01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Hmm... I'm playing around with UIs right now, trying to figure out a minimal set of addons that work for the laptop so I can play from the gf's place. Since I don't have the same amount of screen real estate as my desktop (13" vs 21") it's kinda tricky getting the same setup working. I might try paring down my buttons or something, but I hate having different UIs on different machines. Anyone have thoughts on a UI set that scales well between 13" an 21"?

I've attached my current Ui that I've been using for the last 6 months. It's pretty much identical across all my characters with minor changes for class specific features (i.e. beacon/ss tracker, power auras for procs, etc.).

My current UI uses:

- Grid
+ GridStatusRaidDebuff
+ GridStatusHots
+ GridRaidIcons
+ GridSideIcons
- Pitbull 4
- Bartender 3
- ORA2
- DBM
- Satrina Buff Frames
- Gladius
- Interrupt Bar (PvP)
- Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
- Power Auras

Keep in mind, Grid is my main interface into the game. At any point in time, it provides a snapshot into the status of the raid, distance from me, significant debuffs, etc. This means that it has to be in the center of my screen since it's where my focus is nearly 100% of the time.

Allara
01-15-2010, 09:45 AM
That UI looks like it would scale very easily down to 13". You'll just have to make a few things a bit bigger, relative to the screen.

Rennys
01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Heh, I tried, doesn't quite do it... the rearrangement feels awkward on a 13" screen. Still playing with different mods to see if I can both make it flow better and reduce the sheer number of mods I require at the same time. It's all about saving time on setting up mods if/when I have to re-install.

Allara
01-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Heh, you should try copying my entire UI over to a 10" netbook.

Yeah, it doesn't work at all.

Syana
01-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Just so you know.. no one was defending LM...
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/yaoculo/ui.jpg

KripDiggler
01-21-2010, 12:41 PM

Syana
01-21-2010, 12:51 PM
dude, your ui is messier than my room.

Domathoine
01-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Believe it or not, thats a pretty clean UI compared to what Krip has run in the past...

Octavus
01-21-2010, 01:24 PM
If I showed you guys my UI, I would probably not be allowed to raid with HOSS. Yes, it's that bad.

Angelie
01-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Yay - Krip uses Grid :P (wish it looked prettier though) :tongue:

KripDiggler
01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Yay - Krip uses Grid :P (wish it looked prettier though) :tongue:

Yeah I wish it did too. It's cureently at default settings and really doesnt do what I want it to. Currenlt anytime a durse/debuff goes on someone it puts up an icon that is so big I can't see anyones health. Also it doesnt show mana/rp/energy.

What tweaks/settigns do you use that may help me. Currently Grid allows me to see raid damage (which means I watch my health more), oom, debuffs (although it blocks health view) and range of players. I would love to get more out of this addon.

I do want to clean mine up but honeslty not sure where to start.

derk
01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
LOL. I also have my netbook setup (used to be a 10" but now a 11.6") but I use minimal addons since I don't raid on the netbook when I'm over at my gf's. :) I sometimes do heroics and the occasional 10m for fun. Grid would be my main view (but mine is at the bottom-center) and my button bars (using Dominos) would be resized to about 50-60% of the original size (I'm not a clicker aside from a few buttons as I utilize my Grid for almost all of the mouseovers).

Since my main gaming laptop is only a 14" widescreen (so no nice 1600x1200), the UI addons actually transfer over to the netbook quite nicely.

derk
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Krip, use GridStatusRaidDebuff and turn off the default curses/poisons/magic debuffs. I set my GridStatusRaidDebuff to display in the center icon text, so you can still see what's going on healthwise, etc.

Alternatively is to decrease the size of your corner icons. :)

Angelie
01-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Krip, like what Derk said - get the Grid SRD. Also - rather than setting them up to be the Center Icon - go to ADVANCED and have them appear on the side icons (top / bottom / left / right) so you can still see what's going on in the person's box.

I put my magic/poison/disease/curse on corners so it doesnt impede my vision on what's going on with the player. I have 3 texts, Center Text, Center Text 2, and Center Text 3. Center Text (top) is always the person name and person's name only. Center Text 2 shows health deficit only. Center Text 3 is just additional info I need (like rolling my HoTs).

Get the Grid mana bar to see people's power (mana/rage/energy/runic power).

Maegwin
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Some really nice things in this thread. But boy, addons are like a meta-game themselves. I spent at least 4 hours in game today just playing with all kinds of addons.

I've recently added:

Power Auras - much nicer than TellMeWhen, bit of a learning curve but more options once you figure it out. I've created auras for Haunt cooldown and Molten Core buff so far. I'll probably do lifetap too.

Opie - this is really cool. Great for organizing all those rarely used buttons that you don't want on your main action bars but still need to use outside raids. Great for tradeskills, warlock demon summon, etc.

I've added a custom ring for Pet commands - /petfollow, /petstay, /petattack, /petaggressive, /petdefensive, and /petpassive. Now I can turn off my petbar from bartender completely.

Opie saves me TONS of screen realestate.

TitanBar - Gets all those annoying minimap buttons off my minimap and puts them in bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Also gives me quick access to mod configuration menus and options.

Also gives me quick access to tradeskills and mounts and any other mod that has an LDB feed.

I cannot for the life of me get used to ForteExorcist for tracking dots. The bars are simultaneously flashy and eye grabby and yet confusing and cluttered. It just seems overly complicated and sensitive. I don't NEED a cooldown bar AND a spell timer AND a debuff timer for Haunt.

DoTimer just destroys it as far as tracking dots for me.

Maegwin
01-24-2010, 10:40 PM
My current UI.

Quartz for cast bars. Pitbull for unit frames. Bartender for action bars. ButtonFacade - Apathy for the action bar buttons. Power Auras for the spell effect you see on my character.

Allara
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
But boy, addons are like a meta-game themselves.

Indeed. As a programmer myself, this is one thing that keeps me interested in the game. (I also write add-ons.)

With Forte, I just turn off the cooldown timer and use OmniCC instead. With DoT timers, just use what you like; there's nothing particularly special about Forte. Although I think it does automate a lot of other warlock stuff -- soulstones, shards, summons -- but you seemed pretty negative toward those features on Vent the other night. Haven't tried them myself.

Octavus
01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not a huge fan of forte for dot timers and such. Only thing I like is the HS, SS and summoning feature. Since you don't run it I can't see how many shards you have but not a big deal.

Maegwin
01-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Only thing I like is the HS, SS and summoning feature. Since you don't run it I can't see how many shards you have but not a big deal.

Actually those are the only things I kept from Forte after fooling around with it yesterday. Of those, I think the raid summon assistant is probably going to be the most useful. You can see them on the lower right of my screenshot from the last post.

Widespreadd Panic
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I use a mod called Debuff filter for my flameshock dot, I wanted something simple so I would not add any bars on my screen. It just puts up a symbol of my flameshock spell up with a timer below it. It was quite simple enough. All the other dot timers I tried gave me bar timers and alot of other junk that I felt was a bit over kill just to keep up with a dot time.

deezy
02-27-2010, 06:28 AM
I thought this was pretty funny. http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100222

Allara
02-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I redesigned my UI recently. It's mainly a reconfiguration of existing add-ons, but I did make a few changes to the add-on line up:

Added Satrina Buff Frames
Added AzCastBar
Replaced Chinchilla with SexyMap
Replaced Deadly Boss Mods with Deus Vox Encounters

Screenshots don't do it justice during a raid, so here's a video.
YouTube- Allara "Future" UI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=094vPGvFATg)
I did a little cleanup after this was taken, mainly made EBB and Omen fonts consistent and fixed the positioning of a few MSBT scroll areas.

Maegwin
03-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Current UI. I removed some addons that really didn't offer much: Chinchilla, Pitbull both gone.

I added MoveAnywhere - which lets me move any frame (include default blizz frames) and scale them as well.

I actually like some of the default blizz frames and so MoveAnywhere lets me put them wherever I want but to keep their default UI.

Andaas
03-22-2010, 08:10 PM
My healing UI in Disc.. in simulated combat!

Phaera
03-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I'll have to post mine again soon. But man, I really hate it. I've yet to find a good set of mods and a lay-out I like to work for me. Maybe I'm just overly picky.

Domathoine
03-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Phae? Picky?

...!

Phaera
03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Phae? Picky?

...!

Bite me. :D

Domathoine
03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Where?

Phaera
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Resurrecting this old thread. My latest:

Kikiyo
10-10-2011, 03:01 PM
That's what I use. I love ElvUI

Phaera
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
It's very pretty and nicely put together. :)

Holysin
10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
7011My UI...yeah yeah say what you will but it works for me...

Phaera
10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
it works for me...

All that matters!

Bakana
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
wow theres like nothing... haha but you are on a laptop =P

Holysin
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
lol stfu kana...i dont need extra shit for my eliteness....wait nvm thats called gay sorry....i never liked using extra addons....and u got to remember i dont use a mouse when i play also haha....I AM NOT CRAZY

Sometimes it's fun to just look someone in the eyes, make a noise like a Wookie and skip away.

Maegwin
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
and u got to remember i dont use a mouse when i play also haha....I AM NOT CRAZY

Are you for real? You don't use a mouse? If so, yes, yes you are crazy.

Holysin
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I havent used a mouse in over 4 years Narth....only time i ever played with a mouse was when i had only a desktop....but ive been playing wow on my laptop since sr year in highschool....so no! i am not crazy...i play wow on my laptop in my LAZY BOY KING SIZE RECLINER

Maegwin
10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I havent used a mouse in over 4 years Narth....only time i ever played with a mouse was when i had only a desktop....but ive been playing wow on my laptop since sr year in highschool....so no! i am not crazy...i play wow on my laptop in my LAZY BOY KING SIZE RECLINER

How...how do you turn? :confuse:

Valthonis
10-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Holysin
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
D-pad on keyboard Narth

Berae
10-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Resurrecting this old thread. My latest:

That MMO looks exactly like WoW, won't last more than a month I bet!