PDA

View Full Version : Steve McNair found dead in downtown Nashville

Lonskils
07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair found dead of gunshot wound - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4306361@@AMEPARAM@@4306361 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275)

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, 36, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. A female victim was also found dead.

"I don't have any answers for you now as to what's happened, who's responsible," Aaron said.

Aaron said police have tentatively identified the woman but did not release her name.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave in Nashville.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

Steve McNair: 1973-2009

The news of former NFL quarterback Steve McNair's passing drew reaction from across the aports world. Reaction

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Adams Jr. said in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

McNair was picked third overall in the 1995 draft out of Alcorn State by the then Houston Oilers.

deezy
07-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Damn.

The Rams vs Titans superbowl about 10 years ago was one of the best I've ever seen.

Domathoine
07-04-2009, 08:20 PM
That Superbowl will live on in infamy in this region of the US...

Practically split this area in half with rivalry...

I loved that Superbowl because I came out $100 richer.

Ktul
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Man wtf :mad: