PDA

View Full Version : Anyone develop Android apps?

Aerothas
11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Just out of curiosity cause I'm getting Verizon's Motorola Droid on Friday. I've been waiting for Verizon to get an Android phone for ages. Thank god cause I almost bought an iPhone.

I've been getting back in touch with Java (my weakest programming link) so I can start tooling around with developing some stuff for my phone. Google and their open source community provides some great information on getting started with the Android SDK/API and such so I'm off to a good start. God I can't wait for this phone. :shade:

Domathoine
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd kill for an unlocked Droid... Shitty Cingular//AT&T :-(

I'm also pretty up-to-date on Java if you need some helpage. :-)

Dale
11-12-2009, 08:09 AM
No good at any of that stuff, though I am interested to see what you come across. I picked mine up last friday, when it came out. The girl that helped me mentioned that there was an app that gave you more than 3 main-screen "pages" and I've yet to figure out which this is. Let me know if you know which that is, been looking for it.

Aerothas
11-12-2009, 10:15 AM
No good at any of that stuff, though I am interested to see what you come across. I picked mine up last friday, when it came out. The girl that helped me mentioned that there was an app that gave you more than 3 main-screen "pages" and I've yet to figure out which this is. Let me know if you know which that is, been looking for it.

You may want to check out "Open Home" http://betterandroid.wordpress.com/

It's in the market, try searching for "Open Home". You may have to scroll through a shit load of Skins to find the actual Open Home app.