PDA

View Full Version : You guys are fucked!

Beelzebubs
12-04-2009, 10:40 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8393328.stm

England have been drawn to face the United States, Algeria and Slovenia in the group stage of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Fabio Capello's men will play the United States in Rustenburg on 12 June, Algeria in Cape Town on 18 June and Slovenia in Port Elizabeth on 23 June.
Four-time champions Brazil face a daunting group that includes Portugal, Ivory Coast and North Korea.
Holders Italy were drawn with Slovenia, Paraguay and New Zealand.

France, the 1998 winners and 2006 runners-up, will play hosts South Africa, Mexico and Uruguay, who staged and triumphed at the first World Cup in 1930.
European champions Spain are unlikely to fear Chile, Switzerland or Honduras while three-time winners Germany will take on Serbia, Ghana and Australia.

Andaas
12-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I sure as hell hope we can beat Slovenia and Algeria... the news over here seems to consider us to be in one of the easier groups.

I'm not expecting to beat England, but we should come out with 2 wins. Which would then pit us against the winner of Group D (Germany, Australia, Ghana, Serbia) in the knockout round.

Thlayli
12-04-2009, 12:11 PM
What is this? The World Cup?

Sounds like a place for the World's Largest Penis' ;)

Besides, this is soccer. Is that even a sport?

Lonskils
12-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I think in the US we still consider soccer just above watching someone take a dump, but hey thats up from not watching it at all just 10 years ago.

Angelie
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
There are more mexicans/latinos/hispanics in the US than anyone else!!!! Overall population wise, Soccer > American Football! :wink:

When I say US - I really just mean Southern California :love:

Lonskils
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
population wise of the world sure, not in the us by any stretch of the imagination.

Angelie
12-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Race and ethnicity

Main articles: Racial and ethnic demographics of the United States and Hyphenated American
The U.S. population's distribution by race and ethnicity in 2006 was as follows:[30][31]
Total population: 299 million
Race Percentage Number
White alone
(Not including the 23.2 million
White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 66% or 198.1 million) 74% 221.3 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race 14.8% about 44.3 million
Black or African American alone 13.4% 40.9 million
Some other race alone 6.5% 19 million
Asian alone 4.4% 13.1 million
Two or more races 2.0% 6.1 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone 0.68% 2.0 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone 0.14% 0.43 million

That's because illegal aliens aren't registered in the Census!!

Thlayli
12-04-2009, 12:17 PM
There are more mexicans/latinos/hispanics in the US than anyone else!!!! Overall population wise, Soccer > American Football! :wink:

When I say US - I really just mean Southern California :love:

That may be so... but I think re-runs of "Little House on the Prairie" get better ratings in the US than soccer... even World Cup soccer.

Angelie
12-04-2009, 12:22 PM
that may be so... But i think re-runs of "little house on the prairie" get better ratings in the us than soccer... Even world cup soccer.

qft

Thlayli
12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
qft

Nothing wrong with LHotP. I grew up with a crush on Melissa Gilbert :)

Aerothas
12-04-2009, 03:51 PM
What's the state motto of Texas? "Fuck the Mexicans"?

(If its in BASEketball, it must be true.)

Sabertootth
12-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Ummm did noone watch the federation cup us came and second and barely lost to brazil and beat the current number one Spain. We are not crap like say ten years ago when we couldn't even hold our own against anyone ha e faith and be prepared tto become soccer fans because we finally had a team to root for that isn't a mls team. And our international team has never lost to a European team at home. Granted we ar ent playing at home but we know what we are doing.