PDA

View Full Version : My Sound No Work with Ventrillo!!!!

Fatalex
12-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Ok guys i been having this problem ever since ive installed my new parts. I guess ill lay down the specs first.

Windows Vista 64 bit
Dp55Wb Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5 Processor 2.66 GHz 8 Mb
Mobo Sound Card Realtek High Def (I think this is my problem)
XfX 9600 Geforce Alpha Dog Edition 740 Mhz
corsair Xms3 4 Gb ddr3 Ram 1.6v 1333

Well anyway my problem is that every time i connect to ventrillo, after couple mins my sound completely shuts off. And not just ventrillo, but also when I used Adobe Flash media encoder, the same problem occurs. Im guessing any program that deals with audio recording will shut it down. The only way to get my sound restored is to restart the computer. After that is completely fine. I can hear music perfectly when playing wow or listening to music on the internet, watching videos, etc. Ive installed all the latest Bios and sound drivers. IMO mobo sound cards arent the best, and i should just buy a new dedicated pci sound card.

I thought it was my headset at first causing the problems but it wasnt

Anyway im thinking of buying a DIAMOND XtremeSound 7.1/24 bit Sound Card. Its only $30 and its gotten good reviews but i dont know if it will work with vista 64. Dont want anything fancy, just want wow and ventrillo working at the same time lol.

Any info with my problem or buying a new sound card that will work with vista 64 will help.

Angelie
12-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Hmmm - I had similar problems until I ran Ventrilo as Administrator (after spending hours of tweaking the settings)... But it sounds like your problems seem to be a whole new beast... :sad:

Andaas
12-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit Ventrilo client?

If you're using 64-bit, and having this problem, you can try swapping to 32-bit to see if it can coexist with WoW better (or vice-versa).

Beyond that, you may also consider buying a cheap headset/mic that includes a USB sound plug. This will allow you to run Ventrilo through an independent sound source as opposed to running it all through your main sound card. (Note: You can still use your existing headphones/mic with the cheap USB sound)

Allara
12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Most likely problems like this are driver related. Make for fuh-hurrrre-sure (SNL reference) you have the latest driver for the motherboard and sound component. If you're going to buy a new card, simply go to that vendor's web site and see if they have Vista 64 drivers for download. If not, don't buy it.

Also -- you should consider upgrading to Windows 7 when you can.

Fatalex
12-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit Ventrilo client?

If you're using 64-bit, and having this problem, you can try swapping to 32-bit to see if it can coexist with WoW better (or vice-versa).

Beyond that, you may also consider buying a cheap headset/mic that includes a USB sound plug. This will allow you to run Ventrilo through an independent sound source as opposed to running it all through your main sound card. (Note: You can still use your existing headphones/mic with the cheap USB sound)

Just tried using my usb headset and now it WORKS!!!!...So if a usb headset works why doesnt my Line in Headset work.

Allara
12-22-2009, 05:46 PM
The USB headset is basically it's own sound card, with it's own drivers. Something is definitely up with your motherboard, either in the hardware or the software.

KripDiggler
12-22-2009, 11:31 PM
I get problems like this too usually I just have to switch in option the sound or talk device. sometimes its set to USB when not supposed to be.