View Full Version : Goggle's Nexus One

Wresh
01-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Any thoughts on Google's new phone??

http://gizmodo.com/5432678/google-nexus-one-hands-on

Andaas
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm... curious about it.

The biggest risk factor at the moment is that the hardware is made by HTC, which is the same company that made the first Android phone the G1. Everyone raved about the G1 when it first came out, but a few people I know who picked them up started to have concerns about the manufacturing after a few months, with the joints of the phone starting to squeak and just overall feeling of cheap construction.

Luckily, the Nexus One doesn't have any movable parts. Going to check out the official announcement during the press conference coverage tomorrow to see what the pricing and any plans will be.

Aerothas
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I've had a Motorola Droid since the day it came out (November 6th or something). From what I've read the Nexus One isn't far off from the current Droids (both Motorola's and HTC's for Verizon). The HTC Droid comes with Android version 1.6 and the Motorola comes with 2.1. I think the major difference between the two is that the 2.x OS supports multi-touch. Either way, I've said it before and I'll say it again-- I'll take Verizon's service and their (probably better) Droid over the iPhone any day. And yes, I've tried both.

Andaas
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Actually, the Android OS has support for multi-touch; it's just disabled. :)

There have been hacks to enable it since the original G1 phone.

Aerothas
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Actually, the Android OS has support for multi-touch; it's just disabled. :)

There have been hacks to enable it since the original G1 phone.

Ahh.. ok.. It's just what I heard somewhere I guess.. The default browser that ships with Google phones uses the "double tap" method to zoom in/out, which I think is more convenient, although there are free browsers that use the multi-touch pinch-zoom-in-and-out thing like the iPhone. The only app I have that uses multi-touch is PicSay, a pretty freaking neato photo editing app. I just wish my "Guitar App" utilized it. :)