PDA

View Full Version : Lost S6

Kurbi
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
gogogogo tonight!

Kurbi
02-02-2010, 08:23 AM
smoke monster == man in black on beach with jacob == resurrected christian (jack's father) == resurrected john locke

yes?

Wresh
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Gotta say, I have watched this show for a total of about 15 minutes and I thought it was stupid as hell.

But if you enjoy it.....go nuts!!

Kurbi
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
oh man! you gotta give it another chance, I thought the same until about a month ago but then watched all 5 seasons and am totally hooked on the lore.

All 5 seasons are on instant queue netflix BTW, I watched in on my PS3. Took me and my wife about a month or so but thats with a 10month old!

DO IT!

Wresh
02-02-2010, 08:34 AM
I will pass...lol

Domathoine
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Yea, gotta say, I really don't see the kick to this show.

I watched the pilot and was mildly interested. I watched the next ~4 episodes and decided I just didn't care.

Talas
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Gotta say, I have watched this show for a total of about 15 minutes and I thought it was stupid as hell.

But if you enjoy it.....go nuts!!

I agree with Wresh.

I do think that, for a show like this, it would be better if it was simply unresolved. A lot of people are going to get upset with how anything that carries on this long ends. I also don't think JJ Abrams has a good track record in closing out a TV series.

gukaistar
02-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I stopped watching this at S3. They took way to much time off and pissed around with to many crappy writers to keep my attention.

I do agree this would be a good series to watch from the box sets so you could keep the momentum going. Perhaps when i'm done with heroes i'll find my way back and start over.

Fatalex
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
meh im still watching confused as hell though

Beelzebubs
02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I stopped watching this at S3. They took way to much time off and pissed around with to many crappy writers to keep my attention.

I do agree this would be a good series to watch from the box sets so you could keep the momentum going. Perhaps when i'm done with heroes i'll find my way back and start over.

It's been the same writers throughout the entire series.

Allara
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
In S3 they hadn't yet gotten the deal with ABC to fix the show at 6 guaranteed seasons. This left the writers no choice but to do an episodic show with no overall plot arc. So S3 sucked. Toward the end of the season, they got the deal with ABC. S4 quality went way up immediately as a result, because they outlined the entire plot through the end of the series.

The show is more of an intellectual game than anything else. People either love it or hate it. Me personally, I get a lot more value out of it because I check out external blogs about the show, Lostpedia, etc. I dig into the inner meanings, symbolism, literary references, etc. It's an extremely deep show, and I hope it resolves well this season.

I haven't had time to watch the premier of S6 yet, but it's sitting on my DVR ready to go (tonight, probably). Please, no spoilers in this thread. :)

TLDR: If you don't like the show, but think you might have if S3 hadn't sucked, you should check it out on video. It is indeed much easier to watch the show back-to-back in a clump rather than week-to-week. I watched seasons 1-4 that way for the most part.

Aindayen
02-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Interesting that they brought in some new "others".

You'd think if they were drowning a friend you'd have more spine but evidently you just watch it happen ><

Ain