PDA

View Full Version : Odd Issue

Zeyla
02-23-2010, 10:31 AM
When I load the main "Hoss Forums" page, my NoScript addon for Firefox is blocking the site "onlinetravelconnect.com" from running a script. I'm hesitant to let it run. I'm used to unblocking the various video sites that people use, I just didn't recognize this one

derk
02-23-2010, 10:52 AM
From the source, I see this comment... :)
<!-- Test code for OTC.com (Andaas side job; it's not evil, promise!). -->

Andaas
02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm just testing a logging script for a side project (basically, it reports the URL visited to another web server; it's not collecting personal data).

We're doing some final testing this week, then I'll be pulling it out, hehe. I was wondering if someone would see it. :)

Zeyla
02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Ah, gotcha... As annoying as NoScript can be sometimes, it blocks pretty much everything that runs by default. And most web exploits these days use some type of scripting. I didn't think that site was anything bad, just wondered why it started showing up recently ;)

Lonskils
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM
The football website I visit was high jacked last December by a phishing attack on the site that caught the admin >< They had to eventually nuke the site from orbit and start over at zero. It sucked!!