PDA

View Full Version : Everquest 2

Dharrk
05-18-2010, 10:58 PM
So I decided to not play WoW and play Everquest 2. Does anyone that knows me play as well and where? Would be cool to play with you guys again.

Lonskils
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Should have picked wow, think everyone is still over here.

Berae
05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
What's an "everquest", and why would I need a second one?

Forty
05-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey Dharrk, quite a few of us in WoW Dreanor.

Aindayen
05-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Ya most of those I knew stopped playing EQ2 a long time ago.

Convert or be destroyed~

Ain

Zappo
05-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Is your brother still playing?

EQ2 is quite good PvE. Oh, if only I didnt put down 15 hour work days :(

Dharrk
05-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Zappo, both of us still play, so does Steve. My brothers times for raiding are a bit off due to rotating work, but I'm on a lot.

Stosh
05-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I've been playing EQ2 again for the past few months. There's lots of different pro's and con's compared to WoW, but one thing that sticks out to me is that it's easier to be a "decent" player in WoW, than in EQ2.

Vinen
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I've been considering messing around with EQ2 recently due to WoW being stale as shit and going in a complete fail direction. I was impressed that Icecrown was less fun then ToC...

What server are you all on?

Maegwin
06-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I was impressed that Icecrown was less fun then ToC...

I don't think so...in fact I don't think you'd find many people that would agree with that. Maybe you can argue that it just takes longer, and it does, but the encounters are for the most part, better.

We're Alliance on Draenor.

Lonskils
06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think so...in fact I don't think you'd find many people that would agree with that. Maybe you can argue that it just takes longer, and it does, but the encounters are for the most part, better.

I think he was asking what servers in EQ2 were they playing on.

Aindayen
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Meh I was happy about clearing trash, until we hit exhaulted then bleh.

I think ICC is way better than ToC. Uld still trumps them all imho.

Ain

Andaas
06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
As Aind said, the trash was fun when grinding rep, that ends (abruptly) after you reach exalted.

They need to find some way of making trash more.. valued.

I think maybe creating a basic repeatable quest, requiring 2000 kills of ICC trash for a basic reward (something like 5 Emblems of Frost or whatever). That way, EVERYONE always has something to gain from trash. It's always more fun to see quest progress.

Maegwin
06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
As Aind said, the trash was fun when grinding rep, that ends (abruptly) after you reach exalted.

They need to find some way of making trash more.. valued.

Perhaps the guild based progression in Cataclysm can help keep trash meaningful. I was hoping that the guild based progression is going to be one of the reasons to keep the 25 mans going...maybe some things like this tie in somehow.

Andaas
06-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I think the (biggest) problem with the upcoming change is that you don't have the option to run *both* 10 and 25 player versions of content during the same lockout.

A lot of people have more fun in 10's vs. 25's -- paired with being able to get the same loot from either, it's going to really drive interest of running 25-man raid groups down - basically, for the same loot - you get the added difficulty of wrangling together 25 people and the mix of AFK's and other 25-man crap to deal with.

I don't see Cataclysm as putting an end to guilds, with the guild progression systems in place. Being in a guild with 2-3 regular 10-man groups should progress through the guild progress faster than being in a guild with just enough to manage one 10-man raid each week.

Valdis
06-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Keep in mind only the top 7-10 players in your guild contribute points toward progression.

Rennys
06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Another aspect to keep in mind is that they said the 10 man raids will be more tightly tuned. This means raid comp. within a 10 man will become much more important and the fights won't be quite as easy as they are now.

Lonskils
06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Another aspect to keep in mind is that they said the 10 man raids will be more tightly tuned. This means raid comp. within a 10 man will become much more important and the fights won't be quite as easy as they are now.

They could make them in 3D and it still won't make Andy's points any less. They've become a casual game that wants to introduce a mall and probably will mid way through the next expack.

Aindayen
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I hope we take a more structured view towards our 10 man groups though from an officer stand point.

If not it's going to get interesting

Ain

Domathoine
06-04-2010, 08:51 AM
I hope we take a more structured view towards our 10 man groups though from an officer stand point.

Ain

Have you been in Hoss...?

Sleepie
06-04-2010, 08:53 AM
he is oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold school like back in our EQ days!

His name is Pants! and i cant seem to remember why! refresh my memory pants!

Hai Doma :love:

Domathoine
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Hai Sleepie and others in the thread!!

/troll

Forty
06-05-2010, 06:09 PM

Ain

That's something I've been trying to get started since Kara came out.

Vinen
06-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Yes, I was asking about EQ2.

As to ic25, I was being sarcastic. Most of bosses do feel like trash pulls; even on hardmode. I quit wow after my guild didn't have the comp to make progress on lk25 hm during the no buff time period. Well tuned... wrong

Aindayen
06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Yes, I was asking about EQ2.

As to ic25, I was being sarcastic. Most of bosses do feel like trash pulls; even on hardmode. I quit wow after my guild didn't have the comp to make progress on lk25 hm during the no buff time period. Well tuned... wrong

Just in time to transfer to Draenor! All the cool kids are doing it~

Ain