PDA

View Full Version : Can't view attached pictures on phone

Aerothas
05-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey I was just curious if others had this problem with smart phones. I'm using the Motorola Droid and when I try to click on attached images the screen to view the enlarged picture comes up but its blank. I can't even close the "pop-up" window either.

I realize that this is a rather stupid and small problem but I figured I'd point it out and see if any other people (perhaps with iPhones) encounter the same issue. :)

Berae
05-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Well, get to work Andaas! :)

Aerothas
05-27-2010, 09:38 PM
That's not what I meant. He doesn't have control of/or the.developers of vBulletin. :(

Berae
05-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Doesn't mean he can get to work scripting the solutions to the problems! :)

Lonskils
05-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I blame Droid.

Andaas
05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Attached pictures sort of work on the iPhone (but there are some issues with the javascript popup appearing only at the top of the screen).

Have you tried using the mobile style? Just scroll to the bottom of the page and in the selector at the bottom left, pick the "iPhone" style. This doesn't use the javascript popup for images and just loads them on a new tab.

Aerothas
05-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh God. The mobile friendly version is basically Lynx. I imagine this problem will be cured, atleast for the Droid, when they push Android 2.2 in a couple weeks... hopefully...

Aerothas
05-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Actually I misread what you said.. the iPhone style isn't too bad at all. Not a huge fan of the yellow and blue scheme but atleast i works. Attached images come up as a new window rather than a JS popup.. interesting

Berae
05-31-2010, 02:26 AM
Well, in Firefox I've found that if I middle click (which opens in a new tab) I avoid the pop-up entirely. So, it seems there is a different functionality already built into these forums, just gotta find the middle click for your phone! :)
(I hate that popup, wish it would just redirect to the image instead).