PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft 2!!!

Zeyla
07-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Pretty awesome so far, just dipped into the Single Player campaign a bit. I'm liking the story and voice acting. Persistent unit upgrades, achievements and such... I'm loving it!

I was never a huge multiplayer fan of the first game, I enjoyed LAN games more than multiplayer typically. The Co-op and challenges seem cooler to me than straight up multiplayer. With that and the single player campaign, there is plenty to keep me busy for a while.

I haven't setup my Real ID yet, but if you are playing, send me a PM on the forums.

-Z

*Good luck fielding raids this week :p*

Berae
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
*Good luck fielding raids this week :p*
Pfft, the last Starcraft didn't effect raids at all, so this one shouldn't either! :)

darkestwrath
07-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I picked it up as well, so yeah I would like to play SC2 with some fellow guildees

Zappo
07-28-2010, 10:30 AM
i'll probably pick up SC2 in a week or so. I'm dealing with some moving mumbo jumbo now.

I always thought myself horrible at RTSs-- but it'll be good times!

Phaera
07-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Hoe!

Where're you moving to now?

Rennys
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM
God damn it, I can't install. The downloaded content gives me some lame error about not being able to find install data. I suspect it might have to do with me being on a mac and using HFS (journaled, case-sensitive) but I really have no clue.

Andaas
07-28-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd imagine it has a problem with case sensitive; when I've installed OSX before, it's always warned about potential compatibility issues if you enable the case sensitive file system!

Peotr
07-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Starcraft II ... Pffft! :rolleyes: Hardly worth my time.

If you want real hot action gaming pleasure, try this:

Urea Collector! (http://www.thetruth.com/games/ureaCollector/?utm_campaign=OLA&utm_medium=UreaCollectorCDCVC&utm_source=DYHWIT)

And it's free, suckahz!

-- Peotr

P.S. Zergs, Protoss ... meh. Are you man enough to handle cat piddle?

P.P.S. Starcraft II sucks. It sucks so bad it's not worth money, and the fact that it costs money means it's not worth it! The only way they could get me to play that game is if they gave it to me FOR FREE!

P.P.P.S. Or if they went to my cousin's house a knocked him unconscious for a few days. 'Cause he's the only one I know who has a copy.

P.P.P.P.S. Well, they might not have to give it to me. I could see paying ... maybe ... $32.48 for it. BUT NO MORE THAN THAT!

P.P.P.P.P.S. Actually, only $30.48, because I'm required to leave $2.00 in my checking account.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. The guys at my local computer store offered to let me smell the box for $5.00. Fuckers.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Online play? Why, you can play Urea Collector against your friends!

darkestwrath
07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
OMg Hi peotr, how have u been

Domathoine
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Peotr:

Continuing to make the most interesting and diverse posts on the Hoss boards. Keep up the good work, my man.

Rennys
07-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah, the Mac version has significant issues with case sensitive file systems. I wound up creating a virtual disk image without the case sensitive file system and it works there. Annoying, but a workaround. I am somewhat surprised that they didn't test the game on a case sensitive file system though.

Andaas
07-30-2010, 02:19 PM
WoW runs fine on the case-sensitive file system though? That's even weirder.

Rennys
07-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Pretty much. Looks like QA is better for WoW than SC2.

Berae
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Pretty much. Looks like QA is better for WoW than SC2.
More like they've had 6 years to fix shit.

Zeyla
07-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Just a note for all those playing SC2, you can do the Real ID thing to communicate cross-game, but SC2 just has a regular friend list too. Just give someone your nick and a code from your friend screen. Not going to post mine here, public forum and all :). Send me a PM

Berae
08-01-2010, 12:25 AM
God you people are still playing SC2? Its so old now.

Zappo
08-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Hoe!

Where're you moving to now?

Hey new facebook friend :P
I am taking a road trip and relocating myself to Tucson Arizona.

Please note, this choice was made prior to recent events putting Arizona in the news every day.

Lonskils
08-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey new facebook friend :P
I am taking a road trip and relocating myself to Tucson Arizona.

Please note, this choice was made prior to recent events putting Arizona in the news every day.

Look up Cardinal!

Berae
08-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Lol, was thinking that this should be moved here, assumed noone would bother to do it though :)

Zeyla
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
It must have been Phae, she likes to keep things tidy ;)

Rennys
08-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I have to say, the campaign is actually quite fun. However, I think "normal" mode is a bit too easy. I'll have to go back and do the missions on hard mode. On a related note, does anyone know if when you mass select your drones and right click on the minerals, do they automatically spread out to different nodes? I've been single target selecting them since I recall doing that back in the original Starcraft in order to maximize mineral collection.

Berae
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I'd assume they would O.o
Seems like most RTS games do that these days, because resource gatherers getting crowded up is kinda frustrating :D

Lonskils
08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Twas I, I felt this was an under used forum and getting some traffic in here would help it a bit.

Berae
08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Just seems under used cause its new! And there hasn't been that many games talked about : /

Maegwin
08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah they spread out. It seems like each node has a max queue of SCV's it can support before they start backing up (with wait times), once it reaches that limit a SCV will go to another node.

On another note, automated refineries for the win.

Zeyla
08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
...another note on harvesting, if you have the upgraded command center with the scanner and the mule capability, be sure to use that extra energy for mules when you don't need to scan, they gather minerals faster than the SCV's and the only cost is energy... Helps give you a nice boost in minerals for a bit...

And yeah, the SCV's seem smarter about harvesting if you assign them to the same node. I still try to spread them out a bit, but you don't have to micro manage them as much as the first game.

I also thought the Normal mode missions were fairly easy, but I played the original a LOT. I am looking forward to going back on harder difficulties and also picking up the achievements I missed. The achievements are actually fun in SC2, heh heh. There are some insane/hard ones of course, it seems like every game has them these days console or PC.