I never cared for UO.

Parak
03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
tldr: Play whatever is fun for /you/.

legends of kesmai > *

Torrid
03-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Aw, thanks Forty :D

I guess talking about EverQuest on an EverQuest guild's message board is such an offensive thing to do here now. I just felt strongly compelled to clear up some gross misconceptions. This place could use a few more posts, anyway.

I honestly miss all you guys. It's a shame you had to roll Alliance. It does explain a few of the new people though...

Andaas
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Diverting back to Rift...

I think Trion has made a big mistake on launch day by adding 19 new shards for the US.

While I think interest in the game is still quite high, I have my doubts that launch day is going to expand the user base another 30%. (I mean, you could still "pre-order" the game and play in the headstart yesterday... so the whole headstart/pre-order concept is kind of lost here).

Don't get me wrong, the game is one of the better MMO's to come along in years; and I may actually hit the level cap in this one and see what it has to offer for an end-game. I just think they've opened the community up to a big risk with potentially 1/3 of all active servers being empty. This game, more than others, requires a healthy population of players - soloing a rift isn't a whole lot of fun.

(Interestingly, there are currently 19 servers with "LOW" populations; I scanned through the list of today's new servers - and they match up perfectly with the 19 "LOW" population servers).

Widespreadd Panic
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Really? This coming from someone that when he did not get his way on what the guild was doing would throw a fit on vent, leave the raid and log off? Hmm..

I believe I personally remember I was in the top 3 on every fight for dps and damage done. It went so far we held a contest in ICC and bet gold...I do believe I led by over 3 million damage done by nights end w/o pulling agro like some people do (but I don't know tanking classes or dps classes...hmm).

Also, this comes from a rogue that was ALWAYS under par for his gear level in terms of damage output (and you have what? 4..FOUR?!?! rogues and still cannot get it right??) This never involved you Forty, but since you bring things up, then I will have to reply...and you know I will.

Good...glad you won't be playing then Forty.

Have a great day!! :)

Rhedd
03-02-2011, 06:38 AM
I play rift, no really!

Kikiyo
03-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Diverting back to Rift...

I think Trion has made a big mistake on launch day by adding 19 new shards for the US.

While I think interest in the game is still quite high, I have my doubts that launch day is going to expand the user base another 30%. (I mean, you could still "pre-order" the game and play in the headstart yesterday... so the whole headstart/pre-order concept is kind of lost here).

Don't get me wrong, the game is one of the better MMO's to come along in years; and I may actually hit the level cap in this one and see what it has to offer for an end-game. I just think they've opened the community up to a big risk with potentially 1/3 of all active servers being empty. This game, more than others, requires a healthy population of players - soloing a rift isn't a whole lot of fun.

(Interestingly, there are currently 19 servers with "LOW" populations; I scanned through the list of today's new servers - and they match up perfectly with the 19 "LOW" population servers).

That's one of my quirks Fir. Rifts are fun, because of the massive amount of people that do them and work together. If the game doesn't have good population servers, then rifts are boring and not any fun. That's one of the reason I will wait. Come 3 months from now and people will get bored of the game and it will lose a huge chunck of it's population or 6 months from now and loses 75% of its population to Star Wars, well then you have a lot of dead servers that will have to be recombined in order to make the rift system playable. If this game was a freemium like LOTRO or Runes of Magic, I think I would jump on the game in a heart beat, but it's subscription based and I don't want to spend the cost to buy a game and its subscription to play the game that could be dead in 6 months.

Parak
03-02-2011, 08:36 AM
That's one of my quirks Fir. Rifts are fun, because of the massive amount of people that do them and work together. If the game doesn't have good population servers, then rifts are boring and not any fun. That's one of the reason I will wait. Come 3 months from now and people will get bored of the game and it will lose a huge chunck of it's population or 6 months from now and loses 75% of its population to Star Wars, well then you have a lot of dead servers that will have to be recombined in order to make the rift system playable. If this game was a freemium like LOTRO or Runes of Magic, I think I would jump on the game in a heart beat, but it's subscription based and I don't want to spend the cost to buy a game and its subscription to play the game that could be dead in 6 months.

On the flip side, I played Warhammer immediately when it came out, and for almost a year it was exceptionally enjoyable. The server merges started to happen around then, but it was money quite well spent for some epic sieges and ~200 v 200 zonewide pvp battles that were happening daily before that.

Personally, I simply don't care for any sort of vague attachment or persistence to an mmo or even a single player game that costs $60 for 50 hours of gameplay. I play and pay for a game to have fun, and stop when I don't have fun anymore. Simple as that. If Rift only gives me that for four months, then I'm out of $76 for probably hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Widespreadd Panic
03-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Digital Collector's Edition cost the same thing as a brand new console game. I can not even begin to count how many 60$'s i have wasted on a console game that bored me after the second level of play. I play to have fun, if I am no longer having fun playing something I will stop in a heartbeat and play something that is more fun to me. Loyalty to a game or game company is not something I have ever had, i just seek fun entertainment.

I definitely could care less about letting things rot on a character in a game. EQ, DAOC, CoH, etc etc all have a lot of crap thats sitting rotting on an accounts(s), but I sure did have fun during those hours of play; and thats the whole point for me.

Widespreadd Panic
03-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I brought this thread back from where it was taken.

I took the attacks out, since this is a public forum. If you want to debate you can do it without attacks or belittling the other.

Thanks!

Berae
03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
If you want to debate you can do it without attacks or belittling the other.

Thanks!
But we can still do attacks and belittling without debating right?

Syana
03-03-2011, 07:24 PM

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Taunt
/say Your mother is an elf!!!

Torrid
03-03-2011, 07:30 PM
If you want to debate you can do it without attacks or belittling the other.

Oh sure, take the fun out of it! Coral missed out on the lulz

Allara
03-03-2011, 10:31 PM
/yell TRAIN TO ZONE!!!!!11

Lonskils
03-04-2011, 01:22 AM

You are quite the master debater. /nod

depen
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM
We FINALLY get a worthwhile post on this forum and you guys go and kill the conversation. Good job!

The drama gnome almost made it out, I miss that little fucker.

Lonskils
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, not sure why it was every locked down. It was turning into a great convo and even had elements of folks all around from this and that mmo.

Syana
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Because telling someone they aren't very skilled at a game is attacking and/or belittling. Obviously.

Lonskils
03-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Because telling someone they aren't very skilled at a game is attacking and/or belittling. Obviously.

Oh the irony!!

Parak
03-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Oh the irony!!

http://i.imgur.com/88hrG.jpg

Lonskils
03-10-2011, 01:23 AM
An Asian guy doing laundry isn't irony!

Syana
03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
How is that irony, sir? Sorry, I are ESL.

Lonskils
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
How is that irony, sir? Sorry, I are ESL.

Because you are quite adept at doing the very thing you were saying is bad?

Syana
03-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Because you are quite adept at doing the very thing you were saying is bad?

English is hard.

I'm pretty sure that's not irony. Sarcasm, maybe. Detecting sarcasm in text is hard.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

Peotr
03-15-2011, 05:05 PM
English is hard.

I'm pretty sure that's not irony. Sarcasm, maybe. Detecting sarcasm in text is hard.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

Oh Syana ... We do not aim our super powers at other super heroes.

YouTube - The ABC's of super heroing! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egeo-xi6Ee0)

Syana
03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Irregardlessly, I dropped out of super hero school. :*(

Aindayen
03-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Irregardlessly, I was kicked out of super hero school. :*(

Fixed to reflect the truth.

Ain

Allara
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Hehe irregardlessly.