PDA

View Full Version : Civilization V??

Brutaal
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Ive read a couple reviews and watched a couple Vids on Civilization V for PC. ive played the Civ Revo for xbox and Civ. V looks basically the same as xbox but just new features and such.

im trying to hold off on buying it, just curious on if anyone else has tried it.

Kikiyo
01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I have it and am usually playing it while I farm or quest. I love the game. It's a lot more complex than revolution which I have for my iPad. There isn't a lot of scenarios yet that aren't fan made ones, but the game is still worth the money I feel.

Brutaal
01-13-2011, 08:16 AM
nice, then perhaps today is the day i get it lol

Zeyla
01-13-2011, 09:17 AM
I played Civ 1 through 3 and loved them. I got out of it for a while and never ended up playing IV. I picked up Civ Revolution for the Xbox a while back and loved it, forgot how much I loved the Civ games. I'm a turn-based strategy junkie. I will definitely be picking up Civ 5 also.

Another series that is supposed to be really good, if you like turn-based strategy is the Armored Princess games. There are a couple games with some expansions I believe. I haven't played it yet, but will be picking it up soon, looks right up my alley.

Any other recent turn-based strategy games out there that you guys have heard of? I know it is somewhat of a niche genre but I'm always looking.

Kikiyo
01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Armored Princess is really good and addicting, but the xpac Crossroads is junk and barely adds anything to the game. The xpac isn't worth the money. If you are looking for more TBS games, Elemental: War of Magic is a game that was horrible at release, but is constantly being updated by the makers. I figure in half a year or a full year, it will be on par with Armored Princess. It's made by the same people as Galactic Civilization which is also a great game.

Bakana
01-13-2011, 10:03 AM
awww man now I might have to pick it up also

Brutaal
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
haha i love getting more reviews! now im feening for it!