PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pages : 1 [2]

Wresh
11-23-2011, 10:15 AM
I have some information on how some of the crafting works and a pretty well laid out post for how to find the datacrons and how to assemble relics in the game....

I'll only post them if those who are wanting to play wish to see it since these are spoilers, otherwise I can PM them to people if individuals would like to see this.

I'll let you guys/gals decide.

Zeyla
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM
One note on the crafting. Everything changed with the latest build of the game (from last week). The "gathering" crew skills are different for each "production" skill now. I don't know if your guide has been updated yet for this.

Once you have your chosen production skill chosen it is really fairly simple to choose the right gathering and research crew skills in-game, the description for each production skill pretty clearly defines the other skills you need to have.

With each build of the game it is getting better and more polished each time. I am very much looking forward to the release, and to working on a character I know won't be deleted :) Hopefully they will get the info they need during the stress test this weekend for a smooth launch in December.

Wresh
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
***SPOILERS****

This is information you can find out there easily now that the NDA has been lifted, but if you want to experience everything first hand don't read below.

This is a great site for an overview of skills and where to find Datacrons. http://www.swtor-holo.net/index.html

WHAT ARE MATRIX SHARDS?

As you explore the worlds of Star Wars: The Old Republic you will discover Datacrons. These powerful items will give you an increase to your base stats when you loot them. In addition you will sometimes receive a Matrix Shard, which you can use to construct a Relic. Your character has three relic slots, which you can use to customize your stats to suit your requirements.

The color crystals you use in constructing your relics will determine the stats of the finished relic. The Matrix shards come in the following Colors: Red (Strength), Blue (Willpower), Yellow (Endurance) and Green (Aim/Cunning)

BUILDING RELICS:

Relics can be disassembled, which require you to have a Disassembler Core in your inventory. For Imperials there's a Jawa in Mos Ila called Pitkth who sells them. Republics need to visit the salvage yard right at the northern point of Anchorhead, just inside the walls (-822, 3564).
Stats are dependent on the color crystals that are used.
Higher level crystals will yield better results.
Empire Location - Ancient Assembly Chamber (-1785, 556) Near the Dark Temple
Republic Location - Jedi Temple

COMBINATION RESULTS:

It appears that regardless of class, results are the same when combining shards. It does however appear that using the same color multiple times yields a higher level Relic with better attributes. Keep posting your results and what colors you used to arrive at them.

[R] | [Y] | [R] - 8 STRENGTH, 30 ENDURANCE, 11 WILLPOWER, 14 ACCURACY
[R] | [R] | [B] - 25 ENDURANCE, 10 WILLPOWER, 10 PRESENCE, 19 FORCE POWER
[Y] | [Y] | [Y] - 18 AIM, 60 ENDURANCE, 34 CUNNING, 30 ABSORPTION
[R] | [Y] | [B] - 6 STRENGTH, 12 ENDURANCE, 6 WILLPOWER
[G] | [B] | [B] - 9 AIM, 17 ENDURANCE, 9 CUNNING, 9 ACCURACY.
[Y] | [B] | [B] - 7 STRENGTH, 20 ENDURANCE, 5 WILLPOWER, 10 DEFENSE
[R] | [B] | [B] - 17 ENDURANCE, 7 WILLPOWER, 7 PRESENCE, 13 CRITICAL
[R] | [B] | [G] - 6 AIM, 6 ENDURANCE, 12 CUNNING
[G] | [Y] | [Y] - 17 ENDURANCE, 9 CUNNING, 9 PRESENCE, 9 CRIT
[R] | [Y] | [Y] - 7 STRENGTH, 17 ENDURANCE, 7 WILLPOWER, 13 ACCURACY

Rhedd
11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm getting very excited for this game as well. Hopefully we get a big turnout. I'm heavily leaning towards Trooper/tank at this point.. Might go with Knight though.

Wresh
11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm getting very excited for this game as well. Hopefully we get a big turnout. I'm heavily leaning towards Trooper/tank at this point.. Might go with Knight though.

But there are no Dwarves in this game....how will you survive?!?!

Beelzebubs
11-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Really enjoyed getting my smuggler up to level 24 over the weekend. I fucking love the Gree for the record, call me the black bisector or roughly translated.... The Dark Destroyer!

Wresh
11-29-2011, 09:08 AM
To those who've played beta, what will be your main?

For me, I think it will be harder to choose than I thought it would be. I 1st wanted to go Jedi Knight - Sentinel, but after playing in the past 2 beta weekends and trying out every class I think it is down to the Trooper and Counselor.....but really leaning towards Trooper - Commando. The grenades and AoE damage they do is insane.

Beelzebubs
11-29-2011, 09:12 AM
I'll definitely be going as a Gunslinger sharpshooter. So much fun and so much flirting. Bowdar is a boss as well.

Sadly though PvP with a smuggler is a ballache due to lack of cover options and when using your own it becomes incredibly laggy when trying to react fast.

Zeyla
11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll be going Trooper - Vanguard for tanking most likely. Mostly because I like playing tank classes more, plus I like the whole ranged-tank thing (pretty cool). And the tanks I ran across in my beta experience didn't inspire a lot of confidence, so I want to make sure my groups have a good tank ;) I do wish they gave heavy cannons to vanguards instead of rifles. Using the any gun abilities with a heavy cannon just looks bad ass, but only commando's get to look that cool i guess.

I did a Commando this build and man can they do a lot of AoE damage! Healing as Commando is interesting as well, it has some cool mechanics. I think Vanguard is the way to go for me though. For my second character I'll probably go with a Jedi Counselor, I liked that class as well.

One thing that was nice to see with the recent builds is they have upped the difficulty a fair amount. The combat in some areas and and heroic group quests require the use of CC abilities and careful execution. I'm glad they did this, it was a little too easy in early builds. Like I said before with each build the game is coming along nicely and despite the long queues this last "all in" beta test weekend, the servers ran pretty well. So here's hoping for a smooth launch!

Coral
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Bah, Republic scum.

Jalynfane
11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm sure they will come to the Empire after they see how cool all the story is. Questions is, what tribute is required to show fealty? 8)

Jalynfane
11-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Is anyone in here know the handle: rutajit ?

I got a guild app but no note.

Zeyla
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Doesn't look like any name I have ever seen.

Oh and I will be playing Empire as well. I know you visit many of the same areas but the stories are much different, so worth another play-through I think.

Lonskils
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I got my Inquisitor up to 14 in the day I played. I really loved how the quests were multiple choice and your level on the light or dark side went up or down regarding your in game choices. Game was fluid, well built, and not a wow clone in that there were differences even though there were a lot of similarities like the talent trees and all. I actually healed and it was fun.

Loniel Bonewalker
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Bah, Republic scum.

My thoughts exactly.

Coral
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Is anyone in here know the handle: rutajit ?

I got a guild app but no note.

Could possible be one of a couple rl friends of mine, but I told them to send you a note that I'm their reference.

Jalynfane
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I got asked this a few times, so here is the deal on guild/early access info, this way you can make a toon if you have early access and it will still be on the right server as the guild:

We're one step closer to the official launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The Pre-Launch Guild Program* will end on 12/2/11 at 11:59 p.m. CST so that guilds can be assigned to servers for Early Game Access.†

This is your last chance to:
• Make any changes to your guild
• Ensure your guild meets requirements for deployment into the game††
• Designate your guild's Allies and Adversaries
• Review pending guild application requests

Prior to Early Game Access, you will be notified by email to check the website for your guild's deployment status. For more information, please read the Guilds FAQ or contact Customer Service at www.swtor.com/support.

Amadis
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Sooo for those of us unwilling to read 14 pages of text, which of the 5 'Hoss' guilds on the SWTOR site is the real one? I've been playing in the last couple of beta weekends and so far have been having a blast (almost certainly going Bounty Hunter -> Powertech in release)

Coral
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Sooo for those of us unwilling to read 14 pages of text, which of the 5 'Hoss' guilds on the SWTOR site is the real one? I've been playing in the last couple of beta weekends and so far have been having a blast (almost certainly going Bounty Hunter -> Powertech in release)

I think the status is this: There is a Hoss Republic Guild. God bless.

An attempt to make a Hoss Imperial Guild failed to get enough pre-registers, so those going Imperial are merging with Phank brethren, who will be playing on the same server. That's the guild I'm pre-applied to, in any event. You can tank for my Assassin anytime, Amadis. I too have had a blast in the last few months during beta.

Zeyla
11-30-2011, 09:31 AM
As it currently sits this is what we have:

For Republic-side "Hoss", we have a PvE, West Coast guild setup:
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/188104/hoss

There is an East Coast "Hoss" Empire guild setup (also on PvE server):
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/128745/atrum-latus

Also, we have some old Hoss EQ players that are in Phank (Empire side, PvE, West Coast). They are listed as an Adversary for Hoss Republic, so hopefully we will be deployed to the same server. We have talked with the Phank folks (through Jalynfane) and they have agreed to let any Hoss west-coast folks that want to play Empire-side in. Conversely, if there are any west coast Phank folks that want to play Republic side they are more than welcome in Hoss.
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/108815/phank

That's what we have going so far.

Jalynfane
11-30-2011, 03:02 PM
We are not exclusive to west coast. Anyone is welcome. I just picked west coast because Zobb, Elid and myself as well as a few others live on the west coast and I like being a control freak.

Coral
12-01-2011, 08:19 AM
We are not exclusive to west coast. Anyone is welcome. I just picked west coast because Zobb, Elid and myself as well as a few others live on the west coast and I like being a control freak.

Dude. Elidroth is going to play with us? Awesome^2.

Wresh
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Found a "so-so" talent tree calculator. I've seen others that look better, but they are missing some of the percentages for the talents.

http://torguild.net/calculator/

If anyone finds a better one, let me know! :)

Rhedd
12-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Holy poop, I get to insult Elidroth over and over? Awesome! :eagerness:
I'm leaning towards Vanguard or Jedi Knight.

Zeyla
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Didn't know there was a calc out yet. Thanks Wresh!

The new build is live on the servers, I'll see how it compares on my only current character (Trooper/Commando). It says Nov. Build on that calc which I think is pretty close to what is running now. They have said that this build is the "Release" build and that you can patch it from the beta build to release when the game comes out in a couple weeks (If you had installed the game client in November). So far it just looks like a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks from what I could tell from looking at the patch notes. Since the NDA is lifted those might be available out there on some site soon I would think.

Loniel Bonewalker
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Holy poop, I get to insult Elidroth over and over? Awesome! :eagerness:
I'm leaning towards Vanguard or Jedi Knight.

You don't, since elidroth as far as I know is going to be going with the better...err Sith side.

Andaas
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Zeyla, please accept the application from Akumi / Nuuk.

Zeyla
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Done.

Andaas
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Done.

Thanks.

Jalynfane
12-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Today is the last day to get in the pre-release apps if you want to walk in the door tagged, after tonight, you have to get a tag from some one in game. See above for the list of guilds for Hoss(republic)/Phank(Empire).

Lonskils
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Why is Hoss going pretty side again?

Andaas
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Lack of interest in ugly side again I guess.

Widespreadd Panic
12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Seemed to me that Hoss people were going to both sides

I know I will play through the stories on both sides that I did not get to see in beta.

Zeyla
12-02-2011, 10:20 AM
What WSP said ^^^

I initially created Hoss as Republic on the SWToR site because I thought that was the consensus (at the time). Regardless, we have a presence on both sides (Hoss/Republic & Phank/Empire). Play each side and stick with the one you like the best. I'll keep the Republic-side one going for those that want to play there.

Rhedd
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Honestly, I'd play either. And now I'm leaning towards Jedi Knight so confusing. Will know more this after this weekend!

Widespreadd Panic
12-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Rhedd either class you choose... I bet you look damn sexy! :joyous:

Rhedd
12-03-2011, 06:03 AM
You know it sweet cheeks!

Andaas
12-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Bioware's answer to Mists of Pandoria:

Loniel Bonewalker
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
bioware's answer to mists of pandoria:

hahaha

NormetheGnome
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I wanna replace Emperor Palpatine. Which side will let me do that?

Loniel Bonewalker
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I wanna replace Emperor Palpatine. Which side will let me do that?

How you going to replace someone who isn't even born yet?

Tenelen
12-05-2011, 07:08 AM
bioware's answer to mists of pandoria:

win!

Loniel Bonewalker
12-05-2011, 07:38 AM
NEW RACE! THE EWOK, ENJOY EXOTIC LOCATIONS ON THE MOON SUCH AS THE EWOK TREE TOP CITY!

NEW RACIALS FOR THE NEW EWOK RACE, JOIN WITH FRIENDS BEFORE AND DURING RAID WITH THE UNIQUE EWOK YUB YUB WALK UNIQUE ONLY TO THE NEW EWOK RACE IN THE UPCOMING EXPANSION!

LASTLY, sorry the third addition to the game we could not make as self respecting game design team here at Bioware. I am sorry to inform all those hopefuls who were hoping they to could catch a yoda and have them fight in mini pokemon battles. We do sincerely apologize to all those who thought they would be able to catch them all, and waste a significant portion of their life not only playing a online game but a 3rd or even 4th game within a game. Take care, and have fun in the new Pokemon expansion Mists of Pandoria.

P.S. All content matter is subject to change in order to fit the vision (tm)

Wresh
12-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Got this email from Bioware...Looks like we cannot use the same client for live like some of us thought we could :(

I know we all know how to remove programs from our computers, but I am just pasting this from the email.

Completely uninstall your current game client so you're ready for launch.

Testing has come to a close

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.

How to uninstall the game test client:

1. Click on the Start bar and open up your "Control Panel."
2. Under "Programs" select "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
3. Select "Star Wars – The Old Republic."
4. Right Click on the title and select "Uninstall" (Windows 7) or "Remove" (Windows XP).
5. Follow all the uninstall steps to remove the game from the PC.
6. Make sure the following directories no longer exists (or are empty):
• C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic
• C:\Program Files (x86)\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic

Note: If you do not see an entry for Star Wars – The Old Republic in your program list, please try the following...

1. Click on the Start bar and open up Computer.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare\
3. Locate the "Uninstall Star Wars – The Old Republic.exe" file and launch it.
4. Follow all the uninstall steps, listed above, to remove the game from the PC.
For more information or if you have questions, please visit our FAQ.

Loniel Bonewalker
12-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Got this email from Bioware...Looks like we cannot use the same client for live like some of us thought we could :(

I know we all know how to remove programs from our computers, but I am just pasting this from the email.

Completely uninstall your current game client so you're ready for launch.

Testing has come to a close

Thank you for your participation in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program. In preparation for the game's official release, if you are receiving this email, you must uninstall the game-testing client before installing the launch game client.

How to uninstall the game test client:

1. Click on the Start bar and open up your "Control Panel."
2. Under "Programs" select "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
3. Select "Star Wars – The Old Republic."
4. Right Click on the title and select "Uninstall" (Windows 7) or "Remove" (Windows XP).
5. Follow all the uninstall steps to remove the game from the PC.
6. Make sure the following directories no longer exists (or are empty):
• C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic
• C:\Program Files (x86)\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic

Note: If you do not see an entry for Star Wars – The Old Republic in your program list, please try the following...

1. Click on the Start bar and open up Computer.
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare\
3. Locate the "Uninstall Star Wars – The Old Republic.exe" file and launch it.
4. Follow all the uninstall steps, listed above, to remove the game from the PC.
For more information or if you have questions, please visit our FAQ.

I "THINK" that if you were in the beta before the big recent test/test you have to uninstall and install the new client. I believe the most recent one is able to be used. Like I said, not 100% sure but it seems to be this way.

Wresh
12-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I "THINK" that if you were in the beta before the big recent test/test you have to uninstall and install the new client. I believe the most recent one is able to be used. Like I said, not 100% sure but it seems to be this way.

Ya, that's what I thought too. I wasn't in this past weekends beta, but I was in the previous 2 weekend beta testings (when they had the huge stress testing going on). It shouldn't be to bad to dload it again, their speeds seem to be pretty good for pushing the client and patches down ( I was getting an avg. speed of about 3MB/sec).

Wresh
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Ok....I just went to the SWTOR site and saw a sticky posted by one of the Dev's...Hope this clears it up for what I posted earlier.

In preparation for the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we wanted to make sure that everyone has the correct game client installed on their machine.

If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.

To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the "assets_swtor_main" version file in the following location on your computer: \Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client.

With that said, some users may notice that their game client folder is much larger than 27 GB on their system. This may be due to having redundant files from previous versions of the client. If you need to clear up space, we recommend completely uninstalling the client and downloading and installing the launch game client. Again, we’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available.

Loniel Bonewalker
12-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Ok....I just went to the SWTOR site and saw a sticky posted by one of the Dev's...Hope this clears it up for what I posted earlier.

In preparation for the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we wanted to make sure that everyone has the correct game client installed on their machine.

If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.

To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the "assets_swtor_main" version file in the following location on your computer: \Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client.

With that said, some users may notice that their game client folder is much larger than 27 GB on their system. This may be due to having redundant files from previous versions of the client. If you need to clear up space, we recommend completely uninstalling the client and downloading and installing the launch game client. Again, we’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available.

See sometimes I is smart.

Valdis
12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Well..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.... :playful:

Loniel Bonewalker
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Well..... Even a broken clock is right twice a day.... :playful:

Unless its Digital.

Valdis
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Depends how the digital broke...

Loniel Bonewalker
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Depends how the digital broke...

Could only possibly be right once, AM or PM :)

Wresh
12-08-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm sure by now some of us have received the email stating that the jump start is starting 3 days early (Tuesday the 13th instead of the 15th) for people who pre-ordered, so look for an email soon!! They are going in order on when people redeemed their codes for pre-orders, so if you did that really early when it opened up you should be one of the 1st ones in.

Good luck!!

Zeyla
12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I put my pre-order code in around September I think it was, curious to see when I get in.

Also, you can start pre-loading the game now, info here:

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207

Wresh
12-12-2011, 07:17 AM
I know the 1st emails are supposed to start going out today or tomorrow morning, but I wanted to see if anyone got theirs yet...

Still waiting here!! :(

Beelzebubs
12-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Nope, but if you check your account section it does say that on the 12th of december you are eligable and download the client.

Widespreadd Panic
12-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207

You could download last week, that has nothing to do with your access invite.

Wresh
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
12 Days of Xmas - Wow vs. SWToR

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pu84VmXnyzo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Jalynfane
12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Phank was successfully imported into Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Web support for this guild will be removed on January 03, 2012.

Allegiance to: The Sith Empire
Server: Space Slug
English, US West (PST)
Moderate (10-20 hrs/week), endgame content, scheduled play sessions
Founded on June 28, 2011, led by Jalynfane
22 members

Looks like HoSS made it too on Space Slug

Wresh
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
What's the population like on that server for Sith vs. Republic?

I see XCS got assigned to the Vulkar Highway server and so far it seems we will be the HUGE minority being Republic ....20 times more Sith.

Rhedd
12-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm stupid and can't figure out exactly where to find this information!

Zobb
12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
As for early access, they wont let you know until the day of. Email box camping ftw.

Coral
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm stupid and can't figure out exactly where to find this information!

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/search?shardName%5B%5D=he2039

Jalynfane
12-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I could not find out the server breakdown of sith/republic in one handy chart on our server page. I know of no way to figure it out without going through and manually adding it up (no thanks)

Zeyla
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
What's the population like on that server for Sith vs. Republic?

I see XCS got assigned to the Vulkar Highway server and so far it seems we will be the HUGE minority being Republic ....20 times more Sith.

I just did a quick scan of the server Space Slug and there appears to be a decent balance of Empire/Republic guilds. Granted I just scanned it quick and there are 288 guilds on the list ;)

Rhedd
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks Coral! I'm retarded, but we already knew this :concern:

Loniel Bonewalker
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Coral! I'm retarded, but we already knew this :concern:

Really a shame there is no dorfs. Would be nice to punt them around with the force.

Zobb
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
How do you search the server? I dont see links for them

Loniel Bonewalker
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM

These are not the servers you are looking for....

Wresh
12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I just did a quick scan of the server Space Slug and there appears to be a decent balance of Empire/Republic guilds. Granted I just scanned it quick and there are 288 guilds on the list ;)

Ya, not sure why the balance is so off on the server they assigned us to. You'd think with the numbers below they would have done somethiing about it.

Republic - 23 Guilds \ 563 Members
Empire - 76 Guilds \ 2474 Members

Loniel Bonewalker
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Ya, not sure why the balance is so off on the server they assigned us to. You'd think with the numbers below they would have done somethiing about it.

Republic - 23 Guilds \ 563 Members
Empire - 76 Guilds \ 2474 Members

Perhaps they are figuring on the non-guilded to balance things out? Perhaps by seeing the numbers the non-guilded will decide where to play depending on the side they pick? I could be wrong as I don't know just a thought though.

Lonskils
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
So Republic is the new Horde. KK

Loniel Bonewalker
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
So Republic is the new Horde. KK

I would say server dependent. Some servers are larger sith Population then republic. However I can assure you based on even some posts on other boards etc. That there are quite a bit of people who have the "omg I mus be jedi and save the world" syndrome, or OMGZIiZsKYWaLKERZ! I mean same goes for the sith, but I am willing to bet there are far more that want to be the "good" guys and play the "hero". I have no idea why some have a hero syndrome when they play a game. Hell I have to be good IRL, why not be ruthless in a game.

Coral
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/search?s...e%5B%5D=he2039

Andaas
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah but if you scroll down far enough the list seems to break (showing guilds in other continents, etc.).

Wresh
12-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Perhaps they are figuring on the non-guilded to balance things out? Perhaps by seeing the numbers the non-guilded will decide where to play depending on the side they pick? I could be wrong as I don't know just a thought though.

Ya, that could be the case...
From what I've heard (just rumors), it looks like the head start guilds will be 1/8 of the total server population so you could see the balance shift quite quickly if this is true.

Beelzebubs
12-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Early invites are out. Sadly I haven't got one yet :(

Rhedd
12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
I didn't get an invite yet either, I think it's a conspiracy to represh us.

Coral
12-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Gf preordered day of release - July 21. She's in.

I preordered a few days later - July 25. I am not.

Zeyla
12-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Curious to see if they roll out just one big batch of emails per day or just a constant trickle. I put in my code on Sep 7th, nothing yet

Coral
12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Curious to see if they roll out just one big batch of emails per day or just a constant trickle. I put in my code on Sep 7th, nothing yet

Theyve said on the forums they've sent out two waves of invites so far, with at least one more to come today.

Coral
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Actually from FB:

Star Wars: The Old Republic
The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go!
Like · · Share · 13 minutes ago ·

Coral
12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
And finally, the most current info on times seems to be extracted on....

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/naolq/early_access_tracking_thread_take_2/

They seem to just be up to July 22 as I post this.

Widespreadd Panic
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Just got mine about an hour ago, of course while im at work

Zeyla
12-13-2011, 09:44 AM
There must have been A LOT of pre-orders on that first day, hopefully once they get over that hump things will go faster

Coral
12-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm in. Preorder was 7/25.

Rhedd
12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
I pre-ordered in October... sucks to be me!

Beelzebubs
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I pre-ordered in October... sucks to be me!

I ordered 2 copies when it was first announced, one to play exclusively US, and one for EU and still haven't got access yet :( That said though, they seem to not be giving EU people the early release just yet.

Widespreadd Panic
12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
I got the pre-order email on the way to work 7/21 at 6 am est and ordered it driving down I-20

Zeyla
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Looks like the last round of early-access emails went out for the day. They made it up through 7/27. Probably a lot of pre-orders on those first days, so hopefully things will go faster from here. If not, Skyrim will keep me busy ;)

Rhedd
12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Wsp, I hate you...in the most perverse way you can imagine.

Widespreadd Panic
12-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Wsp, I hate you...in the most perverse way you can imagine.

Thats hot!

Jalynfane
12-14-2011, 06:54 AM
I imagine anyone getting in on pre-order status already will be on the roster, but if you need a tag for the Empire guild, hit up: Jalynfane, Corvina

Wresh
12-14-2011, 07:20 AM
I got in the game at about 6am yesterday and played until about 8:30pm (cst)....

Damn game is addicting - When you get to one point in the story and you want to keep seeing what will happen next.

Zeyla
12-14-2011, 08:21 AM
I just got in this morning, hopefully it is a slow day at work :)

Jalynfane
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I forgot to paste this, some housekeeping for the guild just to remind ourselves of things like "how we like to deal with spoilers" and such in a new game.

What Phank is:

Phank started many years ago out of necessity in Everquest. Phank is a friends and family guild first.

Guild chat, the single most important thing to read:

Guild chat should be PG13ish. Innuendos and cleverness is loved, and cussing is fine. This is where you go to release, just remember not to use gay slurs, avoid the term rape, and in general don't be a leet ass.
Avoid talking just to hear yourself. If you have started (or taken over) a handful of conversations in the last hour that might be too many.
Avoid long two person convos. This includes shmoopy conversations with your spouse or person of interest. No PDA please unless it's a joke.
Bragging is fine if you are excited you just did something, but don't get too full of yourself in /gu. Do not brag about your DPS or your gear.
Do not put people down. You may not even know you are doing this. Sala calls it Nerdarrogance.

Guild chat is almost all we are. People will hide you if you are annoying.

Other Guild Chat Behavior:

Start groups up. Don't be upset if you don't get a response in /gu. Phankers tend not to talk when they don't have anything to offer. Don't be pissy trying to get people to PL you etc. Keep a positive attitude.

When new content is out "Questions in /gu but answers in /tells" and don't get too specific on cool things you see, because it might spoil it for those that don't level as fast.

And lastly:

Never talk poorly about another Phanker behind their backs. Speak to them or to someone that can for you. The more you bad talk, the more you are the problem. And no one carry grudges. They are stupid and again, the grudge carrier is the problem, not the one who "wronged them."

Zeyla
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
I agree with what Jalynfane said, I'd like to see the same pretty much the same things in Hoss as well (on Republic-side).

That said, any Phank people or anyone else who plans to play Republic, Hoss is up and running on the server "Space Slug". Hit me up on Zeyd and I'll get you in.

Z

Beelzebubs
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree with what Jalynfane said, I'd like to see the same pretty much the same things in Hoss as well (on Republic-side).

That said, any Phank people or anyone else who plans to play Republic, Hoss is up and running on the server "Space Slug". Hit me up on Zeyd and I'll get you in.

Z

You do know I'm in Hoss right? :p

Zeyla
12-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes Beelz ;) It was more meant for Phank folks or Hoss people who are coming late to the party

Rhedd
12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
If I don't get in tomorrow morning, I'm going to stab Wsp with something.

Lonskils
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM

No server firsts for you!

Zobb
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Oct 5th through Nov 20th preorders should all get in tomorrow (Thursday). Also, Rhedd is not sexy. That is all.

Rhedd
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Pfft what do you and your bouncing boobies know.

Widespreadd Panic
12-14-2011, 08:09 PM

Sounds hot

Lonskils
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm confused as all fuck. I pre ordered, got my pre order code, put that into my account. So I see that I can download a mobile app that is like the WoW one where I can attach it to my account and have it on my iPhone to security key it. Done and Done... Then I'm looking and it is saying I still have to register my game code or whatever on my accounts 5 "easy" steps... Well, the only code I fucking have is the pre order early access code that I already pre used so it says, already used and is staying greyed out....

Are they going to send me a new code come the 20th that I type in? Do I need to set up a reoccurring monthly payment to get this code when the game comes with 30 days free with the purchase? Very confused, this isn't smooth!!!

Here's the page I'm talking about...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570714/SWTOR account bullshit.jpg

Beelzebubs
12-15-2011, 04:10 AM
I have the same thing Lons but it's all good. Basically you'll get sent another code after you've actually paid the full amount but the current one works for early access etc. Had to spend hours on their forums to find this out.

Tenelen
12-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Lons you will get an email stating your wait in the que for invites is over which flags your account into the early access phase. The early access is not set up like most other mmo's, there is a thread in the launcher that discusses this.

Lonskils
12-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I have the same thing Lons but it's all good. Basically you'll get sent another code after you've actually paid the full amount but the current one works for early access etc. Had to spend hours on their forums to find this out.

Full amount? I bought the damn game outright online lol I hope I paid the full amount for 60 bucks...

Lons you will get an email stating your wait in the que for invites is over which flags your account into the early access phase. The early access is not set up like most other mmo's, there is a thread in the launcher that discusses this.

Oh I know about the early access email and all, I was just trying to fill out the rest of the account thing and it said I needed a code which I had already used which made me worried that I paid 60 bucks for the game and I would have to pay it again.

Lonskils
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
And I'm in, soooo laggy

Tenelen
12-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Full amount? I bought the damn game outright online lol I hope I paid the full amount for 60 bucks...

Oh I know about the early access email and all, I was just trying to fill out the rest of the account thing and it said I needed a code which I had already used which made me worried that I paid 60 bucks for the game and I would have to pay it again.

Well typically there are the preorder codes that get you what ever they promise for in game bonuses and early acess. Then there is the actual product key that's distributed at launch or at least that's how we did it at cryptic.

Vanuiil
12-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey guys! what server are we on?

Mystrae
12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey guys! what server are we on?

Spaaaaaaccccceeeee Slluuuuuuggggg!

Rhedd
12-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Join us on Space slug for all the sexual glory!

Elidroth
12-17-2011, 03:01 PM
What's your name Rhedd? Are you playing properly Imperial, or one of those front-wiping Republic types?

Rhedd
12-18-2011, 12:58 PM
It's Rhedd. and I'm republic you lighting loving hippee

Loniel Bonewalker
12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
It's Rhedd. and I'm republic you lighting loving hippee

You too, shall be KFC'd.

Lonskils
12-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Empire is the new Alliance!

Loniel Bonewalker
12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Empire is the new Alliance!

I disagree, both sides will be even out when actual launch hits. And well being the new Alliance would be a insult, as Horde was where it was at.

Andaas
12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
As I've heard, Empire is the new Alliance. Insult intended.

Lonskils
12-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I disagree, both sides will be even out when actual launch hits. And well being the new Alliance would be a insult, as Horde was where it was at.

Therefore and thus... when WoW went live, Aliiance was what was rolled the most, because everyone wanted to be Uther etc etc and each side was off in proportions for 3 years before they just finally made all the queues for every server hit which ruined pvp per server.

SWTOR goes live... everyone wants to be Darth Vader... and there you have it. Empire = Alliance.

/cheers

Rhedd
12-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Thought I'd give my initial thoughts on the game and my main class Jedi Guardian.

Love the game, love the storylines. They keep you interested in the story rather than what level you are. It is a plus in my book. Maybe that will wear off after the the 3rd or 4th alt, but for now it's great. Hopefully with expansions they keep that up.
I love the semi sandbox world with datacrons, hidden quests ect. Exploring actually pays off again.
The Jedi Guardian.
Initially, this class seems a bit lacking out of the gate at level 10. If I recall, you don't even get a taunt until 18 or so.
That is a major flaw IMO. From 10-14 or 15 I was having serious doubts about the class. However, power thru those levels... the rest so far has been well worth it. At 26 I am really starting to love the class. I can actually tank well now, and do decent damage. The Talents really start to bring you into that roll. It's a fun and enjoyable class, plus I get to waive my saber around alot which I know Wsp enjoys!

Anyway, my quick thoughts, back to work. I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks so far of their class.

Coral
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Thought I'd give my initial thoughts on the game and my main class Jedi Guardian.

Love the game, love the storylines. They keep you interested in the story rather than what level you are. It is a plus in my book. Maybe that will wear off after the the 3rd or 4th alt, but for now it's great. Hopefully with expansions they keep that up.
I love the semi sandbox world with datacrons, hidden quests ect. Exploring actually pays off again.
The Jedi Guardian.
Initially, this class seems a bit lacking out of the gate at level 10. If I recall, you don't even get a taunt until 18 or so.
That is a major flaw IMO. From 10-14 or 15 I was having serious doubts about the class. However, power thru those levels... the rest so far has been well worth it. At 26 I am really starting to love the class. I can actually tank well now, and do decent damage. The Talents really start to bring you into that roll. It's a fun and enjoyable class, plus I get to waive my saber around alot which I know Wsp enjoys!

Anyway, my quick thoughts, back to work. I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks so far of their class.

Some of the class roles come even later - for Sith Assassin, some of the 3 roles the class can do with talents don't start emerging until llevel 20.

That, said, I agree with Rhedd, even if he is playing a Republic weakling.

Rhedd
12-20-2011, 10:31 AM
I will put that on your tombstone as I pull my saber out of you Coral. =D

Lonskils
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I really hate that they put Rogue/Heal/Ranged Caster on the same damn class. I wanted to be a nuker, but looks like I'll be pigeon holed into a healer with no other options really. No pure caster sucks. Love the game so far though, but thinking of end game I'll be stuck as a resto druid was in MC.

Rhedd
12-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok someone explain to me what I'm missing. I keep hearing about slicing and mules ect and how much cash it brings it. Why? I can do lock boxes with treasure finding. What's the difference? I did try slicing but its the same with treasure hunting. It's about 50/50 wether the lockbox you receive gives you more or less than the cost of the mission.

Wresh
12-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Ok someone explain to me what I'm missing. I keep hearing about slicing and mules ect and how much cash it brings it. Why? I can do lock boxes with treasure finding. What's the difference? I did try slicing but its the same with treasure hunting. It's about 50/50 wether the lockbox you receive gives you more or less than the cost of the mission.

Slicing is "better" because you don't have to pay for the mission. You just see a terminal and slice it.

Wresh
12-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I really hate that they put Rogue/Heal/Ranged Caster on the same damn class. I wanted to be a nuker, but looks like I'll be pigeon holed into a healer with no other options really. No pure caster sucks. Love the game so far though, but thinking of end game I'll be stuck as a resto druid was in MC.

Screw the healing tree!!
I have a lvl 21 Trooper Commando and I went full dps spec. They want a healer, let someone specced for it do it!! :)
Trooper single target dps is not bad, but their AoE is mmm...mmm.....good.

Lonskils
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Welp, just doubled my RAM and got a GTX550ti, let's see the game try to do "pauses" now...

Andaas
12-22-2011, 01:46 PM
So aside from the Space Slug queue's, how's SW:TOR panning out?

Rhedd
12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
They just released the authentication app for android. And it's going well. I think those of us playing it, are enjoying it. Hoss is a bit split up atm. Republic/Empire side, so we might have to merge eventually for raiding. We do have quite a nice mix of dps, tank, and healing atm.

Widespreadd Panic
12-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I have only ran into the queue twice, since launch day. The game is still perfectly smooth and quite enjoyable.

Zeyla
12-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Going well so far. I have had few technical issues with the game. They polished up and fixed quite a bit of stuff from the last beta build.

I'm squeezing in a couple hours here and there where I can. I am very much enjoying the game so far. If they can keep the cool story lines going through regular updates I think this will be a great MMO. Haven't experienced the end-game at all yet though, I'm probably a couple weeks out from getting there.

I think there are about a dozen of us know going on Republic side. Phank has more people on Empire side I believe.

Lonskils
12-22-2011, 02:30 PM
So far it blows away any other mmo with the quest lines and how they give you options. I love that. Space combat leaves a lot to be desired (all missions are solo and shooting while driving the ship is driving me nuts)

Andriana Duskrose
12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Wait, this takes place during the old republic, but you can be the Empire? Sense? This makes none.

Andaas
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
You can't be Empire, you can be Sith.

Coral
12-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm having fun, will continuing playing for the foreseeable.

Hoss Alliance seems low population atm.

Coral
12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
It's a different Empire than the ones from the films.

Basically, it takes place after the Old Republic games, and a Sith-led Empire has arisen to fight the Republic losers.

Rhedd
12-23-2011, 09:26 AM
What are you trying to say Sith scum?

Alexthegreat
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Got the game today, what server/faction are you guys are? :cool:

Rhedd
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
We are on Space Slug both sides. Hoss is our tag republic. Phank is accepting hoss Empire Side.

Beelzebubs
12-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Be warned though on space slug, empire outnumber republic 3:1.

Alexthegreat
12-26-2011, 01:20 PM
That server gets full, i cant be waiting to play!

Wresh
12-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Be warned though on space slug, empire outnumber republic 3:1.

But it is a PvE server right? So you won't have to worry about getting ganked unless you are on an open contested world.

Beelzebubs
12-27-2011, 09:50 AM
But it is a PvE server right? So you won't have to worry about getting ganked unless you are on an open contested world.

What I'm saying is that Ilum will be permanently Imperial controlled and warzones are fucking terrible for us at the moment.

Wresh
12-27-2011, 09:56 AM
What I'm saying is that Ilum will be permanently Imperial controlled and warzones are fucking terrible for us at the moment.

Just get about 10 Counselors to go in there and take it back. :)

Inquis/Couns are WAY OP at the moment. Curious to see what they do to balance them out some.

Elkwood
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
i have a level 33 jedi sentinel. Sort of reminds me of a eq kunark ranger so far :).

Some of the range classes seem to be very powerful. The sith inquis are like the freaking warlocks of early wow in
pvp. I am on a pvp server and i just ran when i see them coming. Hell some times that don't even save me !!

Lonskils
12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I've a sage and with heals a pet that can tank/dps or heal, 2 dots, 3 stuns 2 bolts spells that proc double repeats and can have their cool down erased and made instant from the dots along with a sheep spell that can't be removed unless through direct damage, an aoe effect knock back with stun and an AP like power on a 2 min CD and priest bubble, I have no idea why you would think I'm a God. /nod

Elkwood
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
lol

I have a really neat death animation !! Fear me :)

My pet so use to taking dirt naps that she is stuck in the prone position hehe

Lonskils
12-28-2011, 11:57 PM
and a 6 second slow that does damage if it lands, kick if it lands or I stun you as well as the lazer stick in my hand. I'm so getting nerfed to oblivion.

Lexoon
12-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I miss you all <3

Beelzebubs
01-01-2012, 11:01 AM
At level 50 it is very WoW like, sitting in Carrick station inbetween PvP waiting for people to run dungeons :( May try a PuG operation tonight.

Andaas
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
At level 50 it is very WoW like, sitting in Carrick station inbetween PvP waiting for people to run dungeons :( May try a PuG operation tonight.

This has sort of been my concern all along, hopefully something can change to make being max-level fun again in MMO's. Both WoW and everything else seems to have lost that concept.

Lonskils
01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Bubs did skip every Heroic until he his 50 to be fair...

Valdis
01-01-2012, 05:57 PM
That wouldn't actually change the experience at 50 though.

Lonskils
01-01-2012, 07:36 PM
That wouldn't actually change the experience at 50 though.

Yes it would as he has nothing to compare it to prior to hitting 50 in the game he is currently playing. My experiences with Heroics are they are long yes, but a lot of fun. At 50 this may change, but they sure weren't a ton of fun in WoW either after you'd run them the 80th time waiting for Molten Core to open up. It will all depend on the raid experience once hitting 50 and how the "Legacy" plays into the game later on for me at least.

Syana
01-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Sigh, unfortunately, that still means they are pretty much playing it safe with the Wow formula. I wanna hear about the new and exciting gameplay that would make this game stand out!

Rhedd
01-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I run around with a gigantic saber?

Syana
01-01-2012, 10:44 PM
unfortunately, the fact that you're not a dwarf negates the lightsaber awesomeness.

Lonskils
01-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Sigh, unfortunately, that still means they are pretty much playing it safe with the Wow formula. I wanna hear about the new and exciting gameplay that would make this game stand out!

Mages are forced to use the force to heal!

Beelzebubs
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Yes it would as he has nothing to compare it to prior to hitting 50 in the game he is currently playing. My experiences with Heroics are they are long yes, but a lot of fun. At 50 this may change, but they sure weren't a ton of fun in WoW either after you'd run them the 80th time waiting for Molten Core to open up. It will all depend on the raid experience once hitting 50 and how the "Legacy" plays into the game later on for me at least.

It's because I did most of the dungeons in Beta :p I did a few while levelling, but it took forever to find groups on live and I'm impatient.

Amadis
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I had a bounty hunter in Space Slug during early access but moved to Kathol Rift after a few days because of how bad the server load was. My Sith Marauder there is 48 now, should be 50 any time...after then I'm open to moving back to SS to chill with the Hoss. Which side are most of you in? Republic or Empire? I'm thinking of playing some kind of tank if I reroll, so it'd be Vanguard/Powertech or maaaaaybe Juggernaut/Guardian.

Amadis
01-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Aight, I'm gonna go Republic since I've already done the Empire storyline in my other server. I made a Trooper, and will go Vanguard with it. I will probably take my time leveling this time around, since I pissed off the wife somewhat with my late night Sith leveling sessions, but I'm sure I'll see you guys in space sooner or later.

I'll put in an application to Hoss when I get to Coruscant with the trooper (pretty sure I called him Amadis, but can't check ATM). Might take a couple days since I still have 1.5 levels to go on the Sith and you'd be surprised at what having two kids does to your available playtime...

Wresh
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I thought this was really interesting on SWTOR.....

MOMENTUM SURGES FOR STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC DURING THE HOLIDAYS

Critics and Fans Worldwide Heap Praise upon the Year’s Highest Rated MMO from BioWare and LucasArts

REDWOOD CITY, Calif – December 26, 2011 – Over a million gamers worldwide celebrated the holidays in front of their PCs with lightsabers, Sith lords and Jedi knights as BioWare™, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), continued to see an unprecedented amount of player engagement for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Over this past weekend, players continued to flood the servers of the fastest-growing subscription MMO in history, immersing themselves in the game for over 5.5 million hours. Star Wars: The Old Republic is also proving to be a critical smash hit, with an average review score of 88*, making it the highest rated MMO of 2011, while also winning over 105 industry awards, including “Best Multiplayer Game of 2011” from MSNBC. Enthusiasm for The Old Republic has also gone viral, as over 1.6 million fans have viewed the Jedi vs. Sith Freeze Mob in Times Square on launch day, making it one of the most viewed videos on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_lWxqyI) during this past weekend.

The Old Republic has been lauded for bringing innovation to the MMO genre by adding fully voiced characters and placing a true emphasis on story and player choice. These new innovations, combined with highly polished gameplay and a smooth service, have led to a number of incredible gameplay achievements from the rabid community, including:

Over 60 million in-game hours – roughly equivalent to watching all six Star Wars movies over 4 million times
Over 850,000 Sith Warriors and over 810,000 Jedi Knights created
Over 260 million quests completed
Over 44 million PvP battles
Over 9 million space combat missions completed
Over 3 billion NPCs killed

Now.....can they keep it going?

Angelie
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
i have a level 33 jedi sentinel. Sort of reminds me of a eq kunark ranger so far :).

Some of the range classes seem to be very powerful. The sith inquis are like the freaking warlocks of early wow in
pvp. I am on a pvp server and i just ran when i see them coming. Hell some times that don't even save me !!

Which made me level a sith sorc. however - sith assassins still rapes most ppl in hutt ball from my experience. Definitely interesting how one can level 10-45 easily just queuing for PVP - and fairly lucrative even post slice nerf.

(Playing on Veela atm - Imperial Agent: Op is still my main though.)

Trem
01-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I've been looking at this game the past few weeks and wasn't sure if i should come back to mmo land or not for it. I was really hoping to find a anwsers here about SWTOR, If it was fun and worth playing. How well the game works PvE and PvP. Ive seens lots of video and read some post but those are in messaged boards i dont really trust for any real review of the game.

its been a long time sence ive played wow or any mmo. I still dont have a lot of time to devote to a game but id like to be able to spend a few hours a week playing something fun that will entertain me.
So i guess my question is. Is it fun enough to play, is the pve new style story drivin questing really that intresting and is the pvp fun? Or is it just the same thing with a new coat of paint?

Also Hello again.

Lonskils
01-03-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm taking my time, why hurry to 50? Don't have the ability to sit and power level for hours like I used to so I'm having fun. They need a lfg system, but the heroics have been quite fun. The area heroic 2+ quest that is public being the only exception thus far.

Syana
01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't think they need an LFG system.

While I've enjoyed the ease of the LFG system in wow, I feel that it has taken what little social aspect of grouping that it had left out of the game.

Pirika and I may look into the game together and play it casually to see how we like it. (That is if they ever let our baby girl out of the hospital.)

Zeyla
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Angelie you sloot come play with us on Space Slug!

I am having fun with the game as well, taking my time doing all the quests on each world. The gameplay is solid and the quests, heroic quests and flashpoints (aka Dungeons) I have done are all well done. The end game might end up being more of the same with PvP, Heroic Flashpoints and Operations (Raids). If they can bring out new content and story and keep that part of it going more, I will keep coming back to play. Another big draw is playing through the game with other characters since you get completely different companions and character storylines. (You do visit the same planets so there are some repeat quests though)

I just don't have the time (nor desire) to play any MMO like I did in my crazy WoW days. Which is OK by me, I am loving the game so far just taking it easy and leveling slow.

Amadis
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
i have a level 33 jedi sentinel. Sort of reminds me of a eq kunark ranger so far :)

Is this for PVP or for everything? My Sith Marauder (Annihilation spec) mows through PVE content like a blender on crack. I don't even use a healer--just my best DPS companion (Vette), and all I need to do for harder content is make sure she's always hitting my target and keep all of my DOTs stacked. I had assumed that Sentinels would be similarly powerful.

Well, good thing I didn't go with a JK in Space Slug. ;) I ended up going with a Consular (will spec Sage) instead of a tank for two reasons: I won't have the playtime/attendance to get the kind of gear that'd let me be a good PVE tank, and much more importantly I put together an absolutely bitching character look that I think looks best on a Jedi. I should be able to apply to the guild tonight at some point.

Angelie
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Is this for PVP or for everything? My Sith Marauder (Annihilation spec) mows through PVE content like a blender on crack. I don't even use a healer--just my best DPS companion (Vette), and all I need to do for harder content is make sure she's always hitting my target and keep all of my DOTs stacked. I had assumed that Sentinels would be similarly powerful.

Hey Amadis,

Can you link your Marauder Spec? I was thinking of looking into one as well... Force regeneration for Sorc is sorta harsh (especially for flashpoints and PVP) - maybe it'll change in the end game level...

Amadis
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey Amadis,

Can you link your Marauder Spec? I was thinking of looking into one as well... Force regeneration for Sorc is sorta harsh (especially for flashpoints and PVP) - maybe it'll change in the end game level...

Enraged Slash 3
Quick Recovery 2
Hungering 2
Juyo Mastery 3
Deadly Saber 1
Bleedout 2
Blurred Speed 2
Deep Wound 1
Short Fuse 1
Close Quarters 2
Subjugation 2
Pulverize 3
Hemmorhage 3
Empowerment 2
Annihilate 1
Dual Wield Mastery 3
Defensive Forms 2
Narrowed Hatred 3
Enraged Charge 2

It's a slightly modified version of something I found on the net.

You will be meh until level 20 at which point you get Deadly Saber and all the pieces of the puzzle start coming together.

Once you get Annihilate you get the pretty sick combo of Force Charge, Deadly Saber, Rupture, Annihilate, Rupture, Vicious Slash, Rupture, with Assault and Battering Assault sprinkled in for extra rage. I pretty much use Berserk any time it's up and Cloak of Pain any time it's up and something is hitting me. I save Saber Ward and Call on the Force for when sh*t is getting real. Against casters, you have Disrupt and also Force Choke, Force Charge (specially once you get Close Quarters), and even Smash will interrupt weaker enemies. Stuff really shouldn't be casting on you, and on dangerous casting mobs you might want to focus on disruption and letting Vette take them down. Mobs will often peel to Vette, which is fine as she ends up with more hitpoints than you if you gear her right (you NEED to take care of her gear for this build to work because you don't really have a reliable taunt and early on in fights she can easily outaggro you--also, you will often want her to pull elites for you so she will get pummeled).

Amadis
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok, so I'm feeling pretty dumb right now...

How on earth am I supposed to apply to the guild? The guild window in game just tells me I'm not in a guild. The guild section of the SWTOR website seems to have been taken down to some extent, you can't really search for anything there any more. And the guild officer in Coruscant apparently is only for guild creation, not joining.

So...how do I do this? :)

EDIT: Lonskils rescued me from my slum of unhossness. It's good to be back. ;)

Rhedd
01-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Ask one of us when we are online for an invite. If your going republic side, I'm on as Rhedd.

Zeyla
01-04-2012, 08:10 AM

Well, good thing I didn't go with a JK in Space Slug. ;) I ended up going with a Consular (will spec Sage) instead of a tank for two reasons: I won't have the playtime/attendance to get the kind of gear that'd let me be a good PVE tank, and much more importantly I put together an absolutely bitching character look that I think looks best on a Jedi. I should be able to apply to the guild tonight at some point.

I have set it so most Hoss folks on Space Slug/Republic can invite, so if you see someone on just shoot them a whisper.

Wresh
01-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Not sure if there is one out yet for iPhone users....

For Android users you can now dload this (http://www.hypercanestudios.com/p/swtor-companion-mobile-remote-desktop.html). The cost is $2.99

From their website....

Have you ever wished you could control your SWTOR companions while away from the computer? Do you long to keep up your crafting skills during your lunch break? Well now you can, Companion Remote Desktop (CRD) allows you to control your SWTOR Companion characters from the convenience of your mobile phone or tablet.

CRD is designed for low-bandwidth mobile networks so that you can effectively give your companions orders even when you aren't on WiFi. Although we designed CRD to control companions, it can also be used for other activities in the game such as reverse engineering, inventory management, etc.

Zeyla
01-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Oooh that is cool, did a quick search and it isn't available on iOS yet. Hope they port it over soon!

Beelzebubs
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I've only seen one Phank member in PvP and I violated them, who else shall challenge the mighty Bubs?

Trem
01-06-2012, 02:44 AM
So I got SwTOR 2 days ago and its a lot like wow was. I was not sure how i would like waiting for the quest givers to do all thier talking, but I find that i'm enjoying the coversation style of the quests. I think i really like the no reading part the most.

The Map is amazing, its so helpful, all your mission objective are right there on the map.
I really like that you can select what things on it you want to be displayed. I also like that it fade while you move so you can see when running.

The combat was and still is hard for me to get used to there not being an auto attack.
Sometimes i look away and for a second , look back and my guy is just standing there.
Cannelled attacks for a melee are strange.

I can seem to figure out how to heal myself in combat, what are med packs good for? I die offen from for getting to use
my heal after ripping around a handfull of dudes. But thats normal for me i guess. I think i just got a combat heal not sure though.
I really like that out of combat heal every class gets it also heals you companion too! with no cooldown!

Im really digging the crew crafting right now, i dont have to do any of the hard work, just click on what i want and send a companion out to do
all the work for me, how sweet is that?

I have not tryed PvP yet but the videos make it look fun so I want to try that soon.

Money seems easy to get right now and things are cheap but that could just be because im low in level.

I have a Jedi knight sentinal lv 17 and a trooper commando at 11

Loniel Bonewalker
01-06-2012, 03:23 AM
So I got SwTOR 2 days ago and its a lot like wow was. I was not sure how i would like waiting for the quest givers to do all thier talking, but I find that i'm enjoying the coversation style of the quests. I think i really like the no reading part the most.

The Map is amazing, its so helpful, all your mission objective are right there on the map.
I really like that you can select what things on it you want to be displayed. I also like that it fade while you move so you can see when running.

The combat was and still is hard for me to get used to there not being an auto attack.
Sometimes i look away and for a second , look back and my guy is just standing there.
Cannelled attacks for a melee are strange.

I can seem to figure out how to heal myself in combat, what are med packs good for? I die offen from for getting to use
my heal after ripping around a handfull of dudes. But thats normal for me i guess. I think i just got a combat heal not sure though.
I really like that out of combat heal every class gets it also heals you companion too! with no cooldown!

Im really digging the crew crafting right now, i dont have to do any of the hard work, just click on what i want and send a companion out to do
all the work for me, how sweet is that?

I have not tryed PvP yet but the videos make it look fun so I want to try that soon.

Money seems easy to get right now and things are cheap but that could just be because im low in level.

I have a Jedi knight sentinal lv 17 and a trooper commando at 11

No reading at first yes, but just wait. When the Jawas and the the huttese speaking chiss etc. It is not that common though

Lonskils
01-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah the speaking in their native tongue thing gets old.

Beelzebubs
01-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Managed to get in a random raid boss kill video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivXdd-0K3F8

Elkwood
01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Nice work !! Looked like a fun fight

Beelzebubs
01-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice work !! Looked like a fun fight

All the raid bosses are suprisingly fun.

Kurbi
01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
just picked it up like a week or so ago. I dig it, but its not as revolutionary as I was hoping for. Other than the voice overs and light/dark decision trees, its pretty much WoW in a lucasarts skin.

Playing dark side on the razor at the moment. can't decide between powertech or juggernaut, i keep flipflopping them both up to lvl14.

Will roll up some light side chars on spaceslug at some point with y'all to see that sides storylines.

Wresh
01-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Well...

Patch 1.1 went in and the forums blew up over it for a couple of reasons...

1. They increased the damage of Inquis. and Sage...Why would you INCREASE the damage output for the most powerful class in the game?

2. In my opinion...this was the worst thing they did. They are now giving Valor to open world PvP. In theory it will work, but for most servers that are 80%+ Sith this is a disaster. On Illum last night we had 29 Republic and 360+ Sith. Now, I know they put in an emergency patch not not allow opposing factions to enter the base and they will be putting in caps for the amount of players in that zone.....but they also allowed Sith to farm the base which meant they got to Battlemaster within 2-4 hours.....not weeks of hardcore grinding it (which pissed off ALOT of people).

The Dev's really need to think about big patches like this before implementing them. There are MANY classes that need tweaks to help improve their dps/threat/healing.....and to do what they did to the PvP w/o fully thinking it through will kill this game in 2 months if they don't listen to "reasonable" QQ from the masses.

What did you all think of the patch so far?

Maegwin
01-19-2012, 08:33 AM
The WoW devs are probably nodding their heads knowingly, or laughing maniacally depending on what you think of them.

Zeyla
01-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Beyond the PvP fiasco, I like the patch changes so far. Lots of bug fixes and minor enhancements that I have noticed. I am still leveling, just made 48 last night, so I haven't dug in to the end-game content yet.

I'll wait to visit the open world PvP areas until they get this whole fiasco figured out. Bubs was saying the situation on our server is much the same, huge groups of Empire players camping a small Republic force, picking up crazy amounts of Valor in a short amount of time. Hopefully they fix this problem soon. I am assuming the forums are still blowing up today, I tried to look up some info about the Founders title thing and got put into the "Waiting Room" for the SWTOR site.

Zeyla
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Here is an article about the PvP issues in 1.1:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/swtor/news/swtor-1-1-patch-brings-new-pvp-issues?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

Just tried to logon to the game and the Servers are down currently (which is prob why the website is down too). They are scheduled to be up at 2:30PM CST. It looks like they did jump on the Ilum PvP issues, modifying valor gains, preventing spawn camping, etc (at least I assume that is what they are fixing).

Beelzebubs
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Here is an article about the PvP issues in 1.1:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/swtor/news/swtor-1-1-patch-brings-new-pvp-issues?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

Just tried to logon to the game and the Servers are down currently (which is prob why the website is down too). They are scheduled to be up at 2:30PM CST. It looks like they did jump on the Ilum PvP issues, modifying valor gains, preventing spawn camping, etc (at least I assume that is what they are fixing).

They need to do a bloody valor rollback. Bioware are just morons on their PTR. They won't allow you to copy over a character or have a premade 50 and then wonder why there are such a huge amount of bugs in high end content.

The Ilum fiasco was blatantly obvious to anyone as soon as they announced it would require kills for the dailies. It's just common sense.

Wresh
01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
They need to do a bloody valor rollback.

The Ilum fiasco was blatantly obvious to anyone as soon as they announced it would require kills for the dailies. It's just common sense.

Completely agree...

Lonskils
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I play a Sage, I don't find that I was doing any more damage than when I logged off a couple days ago. I generally don't think I do a ton of damage anyway. The Gun shooting ranged classes seem to do so much more, but without a DM I have no idea why. Of course I am a TK Sage, I understand there is a TK/Balance hybrid that does a great deal of damage but can't sustain it for any real length of time RE: Boss fight.

I don't pvp... well haven't yet. So the rest of that mess didn't effect me at all.

Beelzebubs
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
And it's official, customer services don't understand sarcasm.

http://i.imgur.com/l468J.jpg

Andaas
01-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Working as intended; C-3PO didn't understand sarcasm, why would K8-D5?

Alexthegreat
01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
is it worth getting the collectors edition now or just skip it altogether?

Beelzebubs
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
is it worth getting the collectors edition now or just skip it altogether?
The PvE is great. The PvP sucks ass though so it's up to you.

Lonskils
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
They'll get the pvp straight. Wow had no PVP when it went live that wasn't Tarren Mill world pvp.

Torrid
01-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Such a bad game, as I knew it would be. Copied WoW to a laughable degree, right down to the set bonuses on gear. Too many bugs to count. It's a single player game with chat. You're essentially paying them a monthly fee to listen to voice acting.

There is no imagination in game development anymore. Developers don't architect game systems anymore-- they follow existing blueprints. It just looks silly when my lightsaber that would cut a man in half with a flick of the wrist in the movies does 5% damage to mobs because they couldn't figure out a way to make a game that wasn't Blizzard's version of a diku MUD.

Valthonis
01-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Such a bad game, as I knew it would be. Copied WoW to a laughable degree, right down to the set bonuses on gear. Too many bugs to count. It's a single player game with chat. You're essentially paying them a monthly fee to listen to voice acting.

There is no imagination in game development anymore. Developers don't architect game systems anymore-- they follow existing blueprints. It just looks silly when my lightsaber that would cut a man in half with a flick of the wrist in the movies does 5% damage to mobs because they couldn't figure out a way to make a game that wasn't Blizzard's version of a diku MUD.

Wow, really? Ok.

I read you're upset it feels like a single player game. Then I read it looks silly you can't one shot mobs with a lightsaber. Did I read that right?

From a lore standpoint, the "armor" in the movies was mass produced garbage. That stuff couldn't stop a blaster shot let alone a lightsaber. And why should it? Palps and Vader essentially wiped out the jedi with order 66. No more jedi = no more lightsabers = no reason to make quality armor to stop lightsabers.

As for following a blueprint on mmo's, who wouldn't copy a successful structure? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides, building your own costs a lot of time and money and potentially cause countless other bugs. Bioware's focus was on content and voice acting quests.

Sure there are bugs. Wow had a ton of bugs. Remember the looting bug? Remember the servers being taken down for maintenance and being given 1..7...30 days of free play time? I do. It's in my account history.

Anyways, if you don't like it don't play it. It seems to me maybe you just grew out of mmo's. Maybe you should start your own company and build your perfect mmo without bugs and silliness like lightsabers not insta killing mobs.

Valdis
01-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I think the problem with PVP and bugs et al as far as any non-WoW MMO goes, is that lots of people "grew up" with it in WoW. So they have the rose colored lens with WoW that Torrid has when he looks at EQ. Sure we see the flaws and remember the mediocrity of so many things but it got fixed. Whether you like where and what WoW has gone and done it is a highly polished game comparative to a fresh MMO. In addition MMO players are for lack of a better term more sophisticated then they had been before WoW and granted the WoW part could have been any of the MMOs if they had been more successful then WoW.

But the point I'm trying to make is that people don't expect an MMO to release a patch that fucks things up like the old vanilla WoW patches anymore. They expect more care and precision with bug fixes and balancing where sure they can complain but nothing as major as Ilum gets broke to fuck. Frankly half of the problem is peoples patience for living through the growing pains of an MMO is to low and peoples expectations are to high. I think the true WoW killer will be disenfranchisement with WoW and a cluster of small niche MMOs (EVE and Secret World for instance), that are not EQ style like WoW, War, Conan, SWTOR etc...

Torrid
01-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Not going to reply to everything since I have better things to do than argue with fools.

As for following a blueprint on mmo's, who wouldn't copy a successful structure? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides, building your own costs a lot of time and money and potentially cause countless other bugs.

Because it's a game, not an appliance. It's ok to copy to some degree obviously, but at some point your game should be unique enough to feel different from anything else. Every MMOG since WoW has been a bad imitation of it, which is why they fail. For whatever reason, most people have zero imagination and cannot comprehend of what could be instead of what they can see what is in front of them. These people should not be game developers.

The original version of SWG was better than this game. No levels at all. Skill based. Three resource meters. You didn't go into that game knowing exactly what to expect. Most of the fun of a game is learning how to play it. When you've mastered the game, it gets boring.

Lonskils
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
What gear has set bonuses on it? I've not seen that gear yet! As far as I can tell, you can wear lvl 10 orange gear the rest of your life and just remod it.

Right?

Elkwood
01-20-2012, 08:41 PM
The only gear i know of with set bonus is pvp gear. Might be other stuff i just not ran across it.

Wow had huge issues at release. Just like eq had them.

I think they have taken care of a lot of stuff rather quickly.

Just finished up the story line on my sent was a lot of fun

Beelzebubs
01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
The only gear i know of with set bonus is pvp gear. Might be other stuff i just not ran across it.

Wow had huge issues at release. Just like eq had them.

I think they have taken care of a lot of stuff rather quickly.

Just finished up the story line on my sent was a lot of fun

PvE tier gear has set bonuses.

Valthonis
01-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Because it's a game, not an appliance. It's ok to copy to some degree obviously, but at some point your game should be unique enough to feel different from anything else. Every MMOG since WoW has been a bad imitation of it, which is why they fail. For whatever reason, most people have zero imagination and cannot comprehend of what could be instead of what they can see what is in front of them. These people should not be game developers.

So a story driven class quest system is a wow clone?

Choosing how you want to reply to a quest giver, other than "accept" and "decline", is also a wow clone?

Letting you keep a low level (orange) item and upgrading it through new mods is a wow clone?

Giving orders to underlings to gather or craft something while you go off and pve or pvp is a wow clone?

What were you expecting from swtor? Try to be realistic with the technology available and a realistic funding.

Torrid
01-21-2012, 08:49 AM
So a story driven class quest system is a wow clone?

Choosing how you want to reply to a quest giver, other than "accept" and "decline", is also a wow clone?

Letting you keep a low level (orange) item and upgrading it through new mods is a wow clone?

Giving orders to underlings to gather or craft something while you go off and pve or pvp is a wow clone?

What were you expecting from swtor? Try to be realistic with the technology available and a realistic funding.

You're funny. Realistic funding? EA supposedly spent $155 million on this game. Gameplay design isn't what costs all those millions of dollars. My game would be an order of magnitude cheaper, because the last thing I would put in it is voice acting.

WoW came out over seven years ago. If the most innovative changes we can expect from a MMOG since then is keeping the appearance of your armor by putting a +gooder thing in it (sort of like gem sockets. yeah, not all that new) and being able to craft multiple items at once, then you are far too easily satisfied. (and if you think crafting in this game is done well, you're insane. 1 hour of dailies gets me a hilt better than anything craftable; needless copies of enhancements to confuse players; commendation vendors making raising a skill a complete waste of credits; I could go on and on)

Hell I would argue that putting in a new armor mod in your armor every 2 levels is worse than getting a nice well earned upgrade after accomplishing something difficult. The sense of pride and satisfaction of getting that new drop is entirely gone when it's replaced with buying a few more points of AC from a merchant before leaving for the next zone.

And christ, hitting the space bar a dozen times for every daily quest is already annoying the shit out of me. I don't need to hear the same mp3 of some voice actor every day.

If I wanted to see a static scripted plot that tries to make everybody feel like a hero by giving them all the same quests, then I'd play KOTOR or Skyrim. At least there my actions would have an actual impact on the game world. Good luck trying to make your world feel mutable when you can't even add a quest without rehiring voice actors. I want a game where players make their own quests, and the heroes have genuinely done something nobody else has.

Alexthegreat
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
The PvE is great. The PvP sucks ass though so it's up to you.
Is that a yes or no? :P :cool:

Kurbi
01-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Torrid is spot on here: There is zero innovation in core gameplay/class mechanics.

Beelzebubs
01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Torrid is spot on here: There is zero innovation in core gameplay/class mechanics.

That's not always a bad thing. I mean some FPS are better than others with the same fundamental basics.

Class mechanics wise, try playing a Gunslinger it can be a really fun class. Also take into account the companions and the fact that there's only 2 AC's that are truly pures.

A lot of the classes feel familiar but are widely different to say WoW classes (with the exception of the Warrior archetype.)

I'm not saying SW:TOR is the best MMO ever but it's different enough to keep me interested at least.

Kurbi
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
That's not always a bad thing. I mean some FPS are better than others with the same fundamental basics.

Class mechanics wise, try playing a Gunslinger it can be a really fun class. Also take into account the companions and the fact that there's only 2 AC's that are truly pures.

A lot of the classes feel familiar but are widely different to say WoW classes (with the exception of the Warrior archetype.)

I'm not saying SW:TOR is the best MMO ever but it's different enough to keep me interested at least.

Its fine, I like the game I just expected more is all. I'll take a peek at gunslinger, so far I've only played Juggernaut and powertech.

Valdis
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Reality rarely matches expectations where fanboydom and hype comes into play.

Loniel Bonewalker
01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Well...

Patch 1.1 went in and the forums blew up over it for a couple of reasons...

1. They increased the damage of Inquis. and Sage...Why would you INCREASE the damage output for the most powerful class in the game?

2. In my opinion...this was the worst thing they did. They are now giving Valor to open world PvP. In theory it will work, but for most servers that are 80%+ Sith this is a disaster. On Illum last night we had 29 Republic and 360+ Sith. Now, I know they put in an emergency patch not not allow opposing factions to enter the base and they will be putting in caps for the amount of players in that zone.....but they also allowed Sith to farm the base which meant they got to Battlemaster within 2-4 hours.....not weeks of hardcore grinding it (which pissed off ALOT of people).

The Dev's really need to think about big patches like this before implementing them. There are MANY classes that need tweaks to help improve their dps/threat/healing.....and to do what they did to the PvP w/o fully thinking it through will kill this game in 2 months if they don't listen to "reasonable" QQ from the masses.

What did you all think of the patch so far?

The buffs were mainly tank spec things.

Wresh
02-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Not bad for a game that is now officially past the 30 day mark for being live...

(Reuters) - Electronic Arts' revenue rose more than expected in its third quarter on strong sales of the military-themed game "Battlefield 3" and the highly anticipated "Star Wars" game.

Adjusted for the deferral of digital revenue, the company said net income rose 71 percent to $334 million, or 99 cents per share for the quarter ended December 31.

On a non-adjusted basis, the company narrowed its net loss to $205 million, or 62 cents per share, from $322 million, or 97 cents per share, a year earlier.

Revenue rose 17 percent to $1.65 billion, beating analysts' average estimate of $1.62 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

The company sold 2 million units of "Star Wars: The Old Republic." The online game was the most anticipated and expensive title in EA's history, and had generated 1.7 million active subscribers, the company said on Wednesday.

(Reporting By Liana B. Baker; Editing by Richard Chang)

Angelie
02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
The game is decent enough for a "little" change. I think the game brought enough of a change for me than to play an expansion in WoW. It pretty much was a question of where I would spend my subscription money on to: WoW or ToR.

Changes (even though they are very similar to WoW) are very subjective. To some - it's a world of a difference, and to others - it's the same fruit juice but with more water than juice.

Here some of the things I liked about ToR (spin offs or completely new)

Choose Light / Dark side responses
Companions - everyone has them
I was mainly curious how they can expand on the lore of Star Wars and they did a great job of it for me
An actual light saber - not an enchant (yes I know it's weak but I did play with plastic tubes attached to a flashlight)
I enjoy their PVP mechanics better than WoW (so far)
Can't speak much for Raids - but I hope I don't get too involved in such...

I'll continue to subscribe to ToR for at least 6 months probably - after that, I'll see. There are a lot of games out there about to come out: D3 and the Guild Wars 2 come to mind big time....

Maegwin
02-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah, D3 and GW2 are on my radar.

Jatarri
02-12-2012, 05:37 AM
/poke

Syana
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Jatarri...
Silly ranger.

Tenelen
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
The game is decent enough for a "little" change. I think the game brought enough of a change for me than to play an expansion in WoW. It pretty much was a question of where I would spend my subscription money on to: WoW or ToR.

Changes (even though they are very similar to WoW) are very subjective. To some - it's a world of a difference, and to others - it's the same fruit juice but with more water than juice.

Here some of the things I liked about ToR (spin offs or completely new)

Choose Light / Dark side responses
Companions - everyone has them
I was mainly curious how they can expand on the lore of Star Wars and they did a great job of it for me
An actual light saber - not an enchant (yes I know it's weak but I did play with plastic tubes attached to a flashlight)
I enjoy their PVP mechanics better than WoW (so far)
Can't speak much for Raids - but I hope I don't get too involved in such...

I'll continue to subscribe to ToR for at least 6 months probably - after that, I'll see. There are a lot of games out there about to come out: D3 and the Guild Wars 2 come to mind big time....

Ang...............hate your face!

Lonskils
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Wow, Jatarri. Now there's a name I've not seen in a long long time.

Beelzebubs
02-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey Lons.... fuck you and your Republic Fleet 0:

http://i.imgur.com/Ipw5a.jpg

Lonskils
02-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Rofl

Berae
02-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey Lons.... fuck you and your Republic Fleet 0:

http://i.imgur.com/Ipw5a.jpg

Fuck your republic in general!

Lonskils
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Fuck your republic in general!

It's sad you haven't joined us yet. Fucktard.

Jatarri
02-18-2012, 01:21 AM
So What server are you guys on Republic side? (I don't do sith )
Been playing on Canderous Ordo with my brother

Mystrae
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
So What server are you guys on Republic side? (I don't do sith )
Been playing on Canderous Ordo with my brother

We're on the Space Slug Server, pretty small and casual group still having people leveling up to their first 50.

Syana
02-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Bounty hunters aren't sith!

Beelzebubs
02-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Fair warning to Hoss people, I've been grumpy as fuck due to quitting smoking. And the last weekend I've spent mostly drunk since Thursday :p

Loniel Bonewalker
02-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Bounty hunters aren't sith!

Because the honorable and good republic always should use A hired killer. Plus why wouldn't the Bounty Hunters work for the ones who can pay em more?

Tenelen
02-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Fair warning to Hoss people, I've been grumpy as fuck due to quitting smoking. And the last weekend I've spent mostly drunk since Thursday :p

I approve of this message.

Elkwood
02-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Just kill more beez

NormetheGnome
02-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Faifnir Shadowtown server. Playing with RL friends. Empire. Why? because fuck luke skywalker and his bitch friends. Thats Why.

Loniel Bonewalker
02-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Faifnir Shadowtown server. Playing with RL friends. Empire. Why? because fuck luke skywalker and his bitch friends. Thats Why.

Except luke and all his friends are the rebellion not the Republic. Which currently is what becomes the Empire in the movies. BUT either way fuck dem!!!!

Zeyla
03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Cancelling my sub, have 11 days left. My 2nd job is just taking off so I don't have the time to play much at all. After working until 7-8pm at night I can get away with playing on the xbox a little as the whole family is out there, heading back to my office to play on the computer... not so much. Plus after spending 10-12 hours per day working on PC's, I am finding I don't want to spend much time on the PC after work is done ;)

Plus I found that the more time I spend away from the game I find I am missing it less and less. It was a fun game for a few months, fun leveling process, great story. But the end-game just ended up being more of the same grind as every other MMO. Leveling through as a different class gets you a different character storyline, which is actually pretty good, however you still end up visiting all of the same areas and doing 80-90% of the same quests again. I am ready for a different MMO experience at this point, or maybe I'm just not a big MMO player anymore. Not sure what it is. I will prob give GW2 a spin when it comes out, will be nice not having to commit to a monthly sub and feeling like I have to play to get my money's worth...

The few times I have logged in over the last couple weeks I don't see many people on. Who all is still playing? I know Phank had a lot of people on Empire side, curious how many they still have.

Trem
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Plus I found that the more time I spend away from the game I find I am missing it less and less. It was a fun game for a few months, fun leveling process, great story. But the end-game just ended up being more of the same grind as every other MMO. Leveling through as a different class gets you a different character storyline, which is actually pretty good, however you still end up visiting all of the same areas and doing 80-90% of the same quests again. I am ready for a different MMO experience at this point, or maybe I'm just not a big MMO player anymore. Not sure what it is. I will prob give GW2 a spin when it comes out, will be nice not having to commit to a monthly sub and feeling like I have to play to get my money's worth....

I have the same feeling on the game, the leveling story was really cool.

I am all over GW2. I really just want to do some pvp and not having worry over gear and level to do that is amazing and the WvWvW looks just to cool.

Syana
03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
SWTOR can be described in 4 words: same shit different toilet

Syana
03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
As an mmorpg I give it 6/10. As a single player game, I would rate it 8/10.

Zeyla
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
As an mmorpg I give it 6/10. As a single player game, I would rate it 8/10.

^^^Pretty much how I would rate it too

Amadis
03-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Same, loved the single player but can't be bothered to log on again now that I got two characters to high 40s...couldn't even bother to get to 50 after finishing the storyline. I'll definitely play any expansions they come out with, though.

Kurbi
03-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Same, loved the single player but can't be bothered to log on again now that I got two characters to high 40s...couldn't even bother to get to 50 after finishing the storyline. I'll definitely play any expansions they come out with, though.

Pretty much feel the same way, I just got to 40 on juggernaut, story got really interesting again. You can finish the class line pre50? I'd like to get back and do the bounty hunter storyline, but I have little interest in going through the 90% of the same quests and planets again. its too bad the leveling side stories aren't more unique per class.

whats the best storyline republic side?

Amadis
03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
For republic, the best storyline is smuggler IMO. Go for that. I finished the storyline at 47 with a marauder, basically there are no storyline mobs (that I found) over level 50 so the moment a 50 isn't red any more (47) it's pretty easy to wrap the story up.

Berae
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
You guys aren't playing? You'll miss patch 1.2, when the implement some of the shit they should've launched with! :)
I really don't get why a company would put out an MMO with guilds and no guild bank, doesn't sound like the most complicated feature ever...and lacking it screws over people leveling in a guild, as it is damned hard to give people gear they need that you don't.

Loniel Bonewalker
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
patch 1.2 where they will give out free pvp gear just for playing. I have mixed feelings on 1.2 but ill still be playing it.

Wresh
04-12-2012, 06:12 AM
**SPOILER** FOR NEW OPS!!

For those still playing this.....Some basic strategies I found for the new operation.

trash
CC as much as you can, otherwise uneventful

Zorn & Toth
2 giants, they must be kept apart from each other. If they are near (< 20m), they heal and buff each other quickly (look for lightning jumping between them, this means they are too close).

Pull them apart, divide DPS between them

Zorn screams periodically and puts a DoT on everyone within 30m of Zorn, it can be removed

Zorn puts a fearful debuff on his tank (and everyone in 30m), increasing the dmg they take

Toth will jump to Zorn. When this happens, the tanks must swap taunts (don't move, just taunt the new one) and tank the new boss in the old location

Because of this new agro and one of them having to walk the distance to its new tank, go easy on the dps on the one that's walking to its tank

Toth goes berserk and dmg done to him is reduced, pounding the ground and stomping AoE

Zorn will randomly throw a chain of rocks at someone, it must be healed through, but if the target has the fearful debuff, they will die.

Don't stand in red circles on ground, they turns into stalagmite spikes that do a lot of dmg

When Toth/Zorn die, a champion jumps down and must be defeated, 150k hp.

Hard mode

In addition to the dot zorn puts on people (that must be cleansed), he also puts a debuff called weakened, which stacks and
reduces dmg/healing done unTil cleansed. Cleansing is important.

Note, there are a *LOT* of threat drops in this fight. Every time Toth jumps to Zorn, all threat drops, which means ticking DoTs will trigger agro. Because the tanks only have 2 taunts (single and aoe), it's important that they conserve them for tank swaps. Consequentially, it becomes the responsibility of the DPS to regulate their damage output to not pull agro and pull the boss onto the party, spreading dmg everywhere for the healers to have to heal.

Firebrand and Stormcaller battle tanks
2 tanks, split party, 2 bosses

Bosses drop lightning spires (columns/domes of lightning)

When Stormcaller casts "defensive systems", parties run under defensive shield domes and kill the adds (no aoe)

Stormcaller casts Double Destruction, when it's cast, the tank will take a massive shot, but if melee dps get in FRONT of the tank, they can soak it and spread the dmg out (use focus targeting to see the cast time)

Double Destruction is a debuff that makes the tank MUCH more vulnerable to Stormcaller's dmg, which would normally require the tanks to swap. However, if the dps step in to take the debuff, then step out to get out of the way and not take dmg, no swapping is required. If the dps miss picking this up, it's a wipe, the tank is stunned, thrown into the air, and takes 200% dmg.

People get a yellow target on the ground below them. They must run it to the tank and "drop" (they must be cleansed to release it) it there (HK fight in FE).

No more than 3 people on each tank, rest must be on the ground to get the yellow reticles, otherwise the yellow reticles will hit the tanks

Stormcaller tank takes a lot more dmg

Firebrand does incinerate, tank has to pop defensive cooldowns to survive

Colonel Vorgath ("Puzzle" boss)

Drop down to the grid, but stay on the near end.

1 dps (who can heal themselves) goes up the elevator to the console.

They manipulate the panel to put green tiles in front of the group. When no more green tiles are available, the tower guy activates a hologram mode and can wander the field, looking for a hidden demolition droid. Once discovered, the group kills it and the tower guy uses any ability to return to the tower. When the droid is dead, it drops a defusing kit (on a random player). The tower guy then makes a tile yellow (with a countdown) and the person with the defuser has 10 sec to defuse the yellow mine or die.

The group moves across the mine field, but only when the grid square is green. If it's red, stepping in is death.

Do *NOT* step diagonally, only horiz/vert.

Fight droids and adds as you work your way across the minefield. Turrets shooting everyone below.

Cannons can be CC'd (droids).

On last one, person up on console runs through the minefield green squares

Console near end turns off field turrets

Kill turrets (cc), kill adds

Tank boss

Warlord Kephess - Final Boss
When the fight starts there are three champion mobs and a large robot boss. The robot can not be tanked (and is shielded), so the tanks should pick up the three champions and they should be burned down. As this is happening the large robot will fire at places on the ground, doing large amounts of damage. Players need to be heads up and see where it will fire, and move out of it. This appears to happen every 30 sec and is in a cone in the direction he is moving.

After the champions are dead a single mob will spawn (east/se/sw) with a large explosion icon over his head (bomber). HE should be burned down quickly so that he doesn't explode. When he is killed, a player gets that icon over their head. That player should get healed, shielded, and then run over to the large robot. That player will automatically start an animation that brings the boss to it's knees (removing his shield). All DPS should then focus on the boss until he reshields.

Players should be able to bring the boss at least to 60% in the first damage phase. After about 10 seconds the boss will stand back up, and summon more adds. This time it will be a group of about 6 strong mobs with a shield around them. The Warrior is the mob that has the shield, and should be burned first. About four groups of these adds will spawn, and they should be killed.

After the shielded enemies are all dead, another bombardier with the icon over his head will spawn, and players will need to repeat the previous steps of killing it and damaging the boss. Once that is complete two new adds will spawn - champion Pulse Droids. They will have a large circle under them that players will have to get out of. The raid will have to switch targets several times to kill them. While the damage in the circle is large, the true issue here are the 15k hits that the robots are doing while they're alive. Everyone needs to be topped off and shielded in this phase.

Once they are down another bombardier will spawn, and shortly after the boss will drop out of the giant robot, whether or not it has been defeated. Players should continue to kill the robot while they can, and then focus on the boss. He does a ground target AoE that needs to be avoided, and towards the end of the fight he will start putting spots on the ground that needs to be avoided (a la karagga). Players should position him to take up as little room as possible.

Positioning in this fight is more or less meaningless, however everyone does need to be aware of what direction the robot is shooting - having one person watching this to call it out will be best.

You can stun the Bombardiers right before their buff expires that causes them to explode - this delays the explosion.

The boss sometimes randomly resets when a player stands under him in order to damage the walker.

Kurbi
05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
For republic, the best storyline is smuggler IMO. Go for that. I finished the storyline at 47 with a marauder, basically there are no storyline mobs (that I found) over level 50 so the moment a 50 isn't red any more (47) it's pretty easy to wrap the story up.

yeah you were right. finished the juggernaut storyline at 47, good stuff. but now its been like a week or two and I have no motivation to finish up to lvl 50 other than to unlock the species for a possible next storyline.

Zeyla
08-06-2012, 10:35 AM
SWTOR is going free to play:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/31/its-official-swtor-is-going-free-to-play/ (http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/31/its-official-swtor-is-going-free-to-play/)
http://www.swtor.com/free/features

The free option looks to be pretty hobbled, but you can play to 50. The biggest restriction, I think, is that you still need to sub to do Operations. I don't know if going F2P will bring me back, but I might go back and poke around some of the new content. Most of my limited available MMO time this fall will prob be taken up with GW2