PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age 2

omnipresence
03-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Anyone tried this game on xbox? I've heard good things about the first one but I have never played it. Just looking for another alternative to spare time...

Phaera
03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Beat it. ^^ It's great, though not as good as the first.

omnipresence
03-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Beat it already? That doesn't sound very good...

Phaera
03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Well I got it last Monday also. And there's still plenty of things I didn't go with the first time through, and of course two other classes to play with. It's very Mass Effect-y, which is fine though not quite what the original was. And there's plenty of storylines that're open to DLC/future games.

Aindayen
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Beat it. ^^ It's great, though not as good as the first.

Soooo hawt.

Ain

Amadis
03-15-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm currently on a 2nd playthrough, mopping up achievements. It has pros and cons, overall I liked it.

If you want a really quick rundown, it's basically ME1 with swords. The reputation and companion system from DA1/JE/KOTR is gone, replaced with something like ME's but per-companion based reputation rather than global. This may be a plus or a minus for you depending on what you prefer.

Definite minus is that the indoor maps are very repetitive and the overall story isn't as good as DA1's.

On the plus side, the characters are as well written as always (or better), and the gameplay is smooth (if easy).

Peotr
03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I enjoyed KotOR, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I say I enjoyed them, because I thought they were mostly ok, but they were all still cattle chutes, and to me cattle chutes are substandard and smell like consoles.

Unless Red Dead Redemption or Rage proves me wrong I am declaring Bethesda the last bastion of the open RPG.

Phaera
03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
They're definitely console games.

Skyrim will hopefully set a new standard, if the gameplay is as pretty as it's graphics.

Allara
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm really looking forward to Skyrim. Got it preordered!

omnipresence
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Just bought Homefront. The campaign is sick! Haven't got around to trying the multiplayer out yet. Playing the campaign in an occupied America is really graphical, kinda emotional. Probably took some twisted people to make this game. I'm enjoying it so far.

Maegwin
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Skyrim and Battlefield 3. Nuff said.

I'll probably pick up DA2 at some point. After I've finished Fallout 3 and ME 2, and after I've played DA:O, Dead Space 2. I'm so behind =x

Amadis
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I enjoyed KotOR, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I say I enjoyed them, because I thought they were mostly ok, but they were all still cattle chutes, and to me cattle chutes are substandard and smell like consoles.

Unless Red Dead Redemption or Rage proves me wrong I am declaring Bethesda the last bastion of the open RPG.

RDR is good but it's not an RPG.