PDA

View Full Version : TRUELY a Motivation

Wresh
03-15-2011, 08:13 AM

Peotr
03-15-2011, 11:39 AM
It's a motivation, alright, but if you have a military background you see a different motivation than the rest of the country sees. He's a Marine Staff Sergeant (with more than eight years of service), and you don't become a Marine Staff Sergeant unless you're fully steeped in the Marine mindset. And being fully imbued with the Marine mindset means he would never do anything so crass as complain to the President, even if he hated him (a Marine would leave such boorish behavior to the Army.)

I love the Marines.

P.S. Old Army joke: The Marines and the Army have a joint force deployment agreement. If there is trouble anywhere in the world the Marines say, "send the Marines!" and the Army says, "send the Marines!"

Maegwin
03-15-2011, 12:28 PM
It's a motivation, alright, but if you have a military background you see a different motivation than the rest of the country sees. He's a Marine Staff Sergeant (with more than eight years of service), and you don't become a Marine Staff Sergeant unless you're fully steeped in the Marine mindset. And being fully imbued with the Marine mindset means he would never do anything so crass as complain to the President, even if he hated him (a Marine would leave such boorish behavior to the Army.)

I love the Marines.

P.S. Old Army joke: The Marines and the Army have a joint force deployment agreement. If there is trouble anywhere in the world the Marines say, "send the Marines!" and the Army says, "send the Marines!"

Peotr expressed my feelings, and did it much more eloquently than I could have.

Lonskils
03-15-2011, 12:28 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570714/16432_106246506053340_100000039737364_176229_31897 77_n.jpg

Lonskils
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
And yeah, I'm not seeing any other motivation other than. Can I get two arms like my legs?

Peotr
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, I totally respect the Marines. I wasn't making fun of the Marines or the man in the picture (Staff Sergeant John Jones).

I was maybe making fun of the Marine Corps hyper-'Can Do' attitude, and the way this makes them condescend to the Army, and how the Army rolls their eyes every time they spot a Marine being a Marine. And the Army would like to be condescending back to the Marines, but they can't, because if two people are being condescending to each other every one knows that one of them is a liar, and no one would believe it was the Marine Corps. Not even the Army.

What is most annoying to the Army is that this Marine Corps super-grunt, hyper-professional, Godzilla heritage monster attitude actually works for them.

P.S. Video of John Jones speaking for Home For Our Troops (very nice organization).

YouTube - SSgt John Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDWk8oPEUw&feature=player_embedded)

The video sort of shows that underneath the all-wool dress uniform of every Marine is a genuinely normal person.

P.P.S. One of my cousins is a little beer drinking, non-working wastrel dirt bag. He finally disenfranchised so many people in the family that he joined the Marines - he is in boots right now. I am hugely curious about how this experiment will turn out.

omnipresence
03-16-2011, 04:30 AM
I am probably one of the only guys currently in the army with "USMC" tattooed on my shoulder. I agree with what peotr said, but marines are completely different. Being a marine is more than a mindset. By the time you walk across the parade deck at the end of your 13th week, you are another person than what you were before setting eyes on those yellow footprints. It's kind of funny how I loved the corps and where I am now hating life lol. It isn't that hard to stand out in my unit full of hooah dogs. In my opinion, I think, well nevermind. Better to keep that one to myself.

Marine joke: I came from an island where they make real marines. You can go back to Hollywood you bunch of pogs.

And to lonskils, your post with the war pigs made me crack up.