PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever

Wresh
06-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Always loved the original. Anyone getting this game? What platform? Thought about getting this for the PS3, but I think I may get the PC version now.

http://www.dukenukemforever.com/full/us/

Zeyla
06-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Looks like a strong "rental" candidate via Gamefly to me ;)

Andaas
06-14-2011, 02:40 PM
After playing the demo, I just didn't feel that there was enough to really drive me to buy it; think I'm going to wait for id's Rage for my FPS fix.

Aindayen
06-14-2011, 06:14 PM
So wait they finally finished it. I thought it was an urban myth!

Bakana
06-14-2011, 09:59 PM
I almost got it today for my Xbox but didnt. Ill prolly pick it up here sooner or later

Berae
06-15-2011, 07:04 AM
They didn't actually finish it, they were closed down because everyone was tired of funding those lazy asshats at 3DRealms. Gearbox was then given the Duke Nukem Forever material, and finished it.

Kikiyo
06-15-2011, 07:11 AM
From what I read in various reviews, the game is horrible. Definately worth it for Gamefly though just to see that it actually exists.

Berae
06-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Well, not sure why anyone was expecting it to be super awesome after such long delays. The people working on and designing this thing initially weren't exactly in touch with how to make current games afterall. I'd hope that this at least continues on Duke Nukem as a character, and leaves the door open for proper DK games, maybe crafted by Gearbox from start to finish this time, and in a timely manner? :)

Wresh
06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
From what I read in various reviews, the game is horrible. Definately worth it for Gamefly though just to see that it actually exists.

I've read the same thing, but it seems most people didn't like the sexual stuff and coarse language going on in the game (this is Duke after all).....still on the fence with getting it.

Bakana
06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Like I said to some friends before, When we all first tried the game we fell in the love with the perversion, the cheesy one liner's, and the blood and guts. I will most likely get the game since I love Duke Nukem and even play the original still that I DL'd from xbox arcade haha

Zeyla
06-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Oh man the reviews coming in on this are pretty bad, the metacritc score is 48! ouch! It looks like most of the major sites have reviewed it. Definitely looking like a renter at best, to me at least. The classic duke stuff seems to be there (at least a little) but it sounds like it is just a mess of a game overall.

I'll pass until I have played all of the good games on my Gamefly list ;)

Lonskils
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
You've got Balls of Steel /nod