PDA

View Full Version : Computer purgatory

Peotr
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
In spite of being in financial hell I have managed to save towards a new computer ($220.00! And that's pretty fucking amazing on a $25.00-per-week fun budget), but I'm afraid to shop for a few pieces because I don't know one thing:

WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE THE SYSTEM SPECS FOR SWTOR, YOU FUCKHEADS??? BIOWARE, YOU MUST HAVE SOME FUCKING IDEA WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER IS NEEDED TO RUN YOUR SOFTWARE, YOU ASS-GARGLING BUTT FINCHES!

*cough*

Thank you for listening,

-- Peotr

P.S.

Maegwin
08-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Peotr would you just give us a damn address (or paypal account) or something to send you some money so we can help you can buy a decent computer?

P.S. What is a butt finch?

Wresh
08-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Here ya go Pootr...

minimum:

Windows Vista/7 OS:
+CPU: dual-tri core: Intel pentium D, Core dual of 2.4ghz or higher. AMD Atholon 64 x2, Phenom x3, Turion of 2.4ghz or higher.
+Ram: 1GB
+Vidoe card: 512 MB 128-bit or more with directX 10 like the ATI Radeon 2600 series or Nvidia Geforce 8600 series.
+9.5 or if they go blue ray 25-50GB available space on the hard drive.
+4x DVD or Blue ray drive
+A high-speed internet of 1.5mbs or more.

Mac:
(can't really guess for this one)

Recommended:

Windows Vista/7
+CPU: Quad-core Intel core 2 Dual or AMD Phenom x4 at 2.8 Ghz
+Ram: 2GB
+Video Card: 1GB, 256-bit or more like the AMD/ATI radeon 4870 or Nvidia Geforce 260 GTX.
+DirectX 10.1 or 11.
+5 mbs high speed internet or more.

Like Maegwin said though.....Get us some info! Would be happy to help out!

I know they aren't the newest and best, but I have 2 9800 GT's in my system that I am about to upgrade. Would love to donate them to someone who can use them.

Peotr
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Peotr would you just give us a damn address (or paypal account) or something to send you some money so we can help you can buy a decent computer?

I am already wracked with guilt about letting Bubs buy me a pre-paid WoW time card and then quitting the game while there was 50 days left on it.

P.S. What is a butt finch?

Whaaat? You know what a butt finch is! Everyone should know what a butt finch is! A butt finch (Avias Enrectum) is a small, seed-eating passerine that likes to build nests and raise their young in your asshole. They often sing while you're walking or when you're in public.

Very similar to the bird in my avatar, but more commonly seen singing while poking their head out of someone's butt.

Peotr
08-05-2011, 04:22 PM
P.P.S. I know that Bioware has a good track record for storylines, but I'm a little worried about how linear most of their titles are.

P.P.P.S. "Hi. We're Bioware. Did anyone call for a cattle-chute?"

Lonskils
08-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Get over the guilt wracking and offer up some damn addresses. I've got enough computers in the flipping garage to start a web cafe.

Zeyla
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Likewise for me. I have a fair amount of spare hardware, hard drives, couple nvidia 9800GT's, RAM, etc... I would be more than happy to ship you whatever you need, no matter how long you play, or don't play for! Hoss is family! ;)

Aindayen
08-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Seriously Peotr let us donate already jfc it's no big deal.

I also have a core 2 bestbuy box that crapped out. You can part it out or fix it if you have the patience. It may be junk or need a $10 part, fuck if I know as I hate computers. Anyhow I can ship it to you for fixing fun or like I said give us an address for funds/parts~

P.S. Work sucks
P.S.S. No gaming makes Ain want to kill kittens
P.S.S.S. Refer to P.S.

Allara
08-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I as well have old parts including nice graphics cards. Very nice ones. Make it happen Peotr ;)

Tenelen
08-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Get over the guilt wracking and offer up some damn addresses. I've got enough computers in the flipping garage to start a web cafe.

I don't normally do this but I agree with Lons! Let us help you out buddy!

Berae
08-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Why does everyone have "good" hardware laying around? You people upgrade too quickly :)

Lonskils
08-08-2011, 11:18 AM
About once a year I build a new box Berae.

Tenelen
08-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Why does everyone have "good" hardware laying around? You people upgrade too quickly :)

I upgrade my GPU's more often than my CPU's. CPU and memory is about once every 2 yrs, and GPU is about once a year.

Zeyla
08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I work on computers for friends/family and as a side-business, you end up gathering a lot of excess hardware.

Berae
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Really need to start buying computer hardware instead of stocks, which is disappointing because the time to buy stocks is rapidly approaching! Yet again they are down before my paycheck, and will probably rally after I get paid >.>

boopie
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Timing the market is a fool's game.

Tenelen
08-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Timing the market is a fool's game.Boopie don't forget who you are talking to here.

Peotr
08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the many offers (again), I don't mean to tease you with my computer-epeen-deflation issues. My situation is miserable because for years I would build myself a new top-of-the-line computer when the whim struck me (about every 9 months). Not being able to do that (or do any upgrading, or even afford new games, or even afford soda and junk food) makes me cranky, but really, my situation is not dire. I should be able to build up a good computer. I have a little bit of money, and I have a little bit of credit at a local store, and my brother has pledged to buy me a piece or two, and I have a case I can recycle, so I'm not in bad (bad bad really bad) shape. I just don't have much of a computer at the moment, and I can't make any impulse purchases. =|

And I don't have a dual monitor set up any more... etc., etc. I may cry like I'm starving, but really I'm only crying because I don't get to eat steak and prawns anymore. And that's a really stupid thing to cry about, because if I'm honest with myself I've never liked steak or prawns anyway, if you took me to Red Lobster I'd still order fish and chips and coleslaw. And I'm being honest - I was at a family celebration at a steak house in Lewiston and I ordered meat loaf with mashed potatoes, and all of you steak lovers can just fuck off right now, because I really like their meat loaf.

Boopie don't forget who you are talking to here.

Huzzah! I blew a little ice water out my nose!

P.S. Mostly moved to Orofino. My father is doing better, my mom has postponed her surgery for another 6 months, and I am doing most of the cooking. I'm in my little back room off the kitchen, typing at a cheap and cheesy child's desk from the 70's. Most of the room is filled with crap that the family hasn't sorted through yet. My bed is an old couch, my windows are covered with black garbage bags to reduce the light, and my main companion is a little dog named Kobe who sleeps at my feet and rubs his snot on me if I let my hands dangle in his reach.

Kobe is one of those rare dogs that can't crap in his own back yard. And if he craps on someone else's lawn I'm supposed to pick it up, which is a pointless gesture of neighborliness since all lawns in this town are littered with deer shit.

Lonskils
08-09-2011, 01:03 PM
And still he insists on letting all this gear go to waste...

Bakana
08-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Peotr give it up! Give us a damn address before we hire a PI to come find you so we can send you goodies!

Tenelen
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Peotr give it up! Give us a damn address before we hire a PI to come find you so we can send you goodies!

I know! I can get his address from CB!!!!

Syana
08-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Really need to start buying computer hardware instead of stocks, which is disappointing because the time to buy stocks is rapidly approaching! Yet again they are down before my paycheck, and will probably rally after I get paid >.>

You're better off putting your money in an IUL.

Aindayen
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
I know! I can get his address from CB!!!!

Do it already!

Perhaps a road trip to save Pootr!

Tenelen
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Do it already!

Perhaps a road trip to save Pootr!

Just emailed her now we play the waiting game.

Loniel Bonewalker
08-14-2011, 12:30 AM
In spite of being in financial hell I have managed to save towards a new computer ($220.00! And that's pretty fucking amazing on a $25.00-per-week fun budget), but I'm afraid to shop for a few pieces because I don't know one thing:

WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE THE SYSTEM SPECS FOR SWTOR, YOU FUCKHEADS??? BIOWARE, YOU MUST HAVE SOME FUCKING IDEA WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER IS NEEDED TO RUN YOUR SOFTWARE, YOU ASS-GARGLING BUTT FINCHES!

*cough*

Thank you for listening,

-- Peotr

P.S.

I hear ya, especially on the fun budget. Same feelings as you on the system specs as well. I have this feeling they are going to post sensible specs, and then either one of two things happen. Either the specs stay, but end up being useless with needing quite a bit more machine then what's recommend. Or they will go with a "GOTCHA!" and post new specs right before launch due to changes/upgrades.

Peotr
08-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Just emailed her now we play the waiting game.

Tenelen fails at logic: 6 posts above yours I stated that I had moved to Orofino. Epso Ergo I am no longer at the address that CB would have. :congratulatory:

Bakana
08-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Orofino is a small place we can figure it out!

Berae
08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Simple, get ahold of the local post office, have them post his picture, someone may call in!

Sabertootth
08-14-2011, 11:46 PM
yall are taking this all wrong.... take all the info he has given yall about his new place of residence.... then, cross referance everythign with residences that fit the desctription of where dear peotr lives, and learn to Numb3rs and Criminal Minds people, come on. Its not that hard . lol

Aindayen
08-15-2011, 08:20 AM
I want to help Peotr not stalk him :)

Peotr
08-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I want to help Peotr not stalk him :)

Yes. Please leave the stalking to the experienced professionals.

Sabertootth
08-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Yes. Please leave the stalking to the experienced professionals.

I am pro. I have a card and everything!

Lonskils
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Saber, maybe you should ask yourself...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsFO3FoOrvcgbHaJjXqdmV0R7GTrLg-Py5RV3Drll82ZoktbeO

Sabertootth
08-15-2011, 11:38 PM
He would say my plan is legend wait for it.... wait for it....... DARY!

Lonskils
08-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Did you DVR his Tony awards show? Great to eat popcorn and do your nails to.

Sabertootth
08-15-2011, 11:42 PM

Lonskils
08-15-2011, 11:44 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/570714/savedbylesbians.jpg

Allara
08-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Baha, three images in a row that I'm saving for future use. Bravo.

Aindayen
08-16-2011, 04:59 AM
NSFW you sons of bitches!

Hawt thought like seriously. Hailie/Jade like pictures chop chop...

Bakana
08-16-2011, 07:40 AM
dude Jades gone she Gquit a long time ago hahaha

Lonskils
08-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Why'd Jade quit? Where'd she go?

Aindayen
08-16-2011, 07:39 PM
What did I miss?

Tenelen
08-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Why'd Jade quit? Where'd she go?

She went to Karma for a raiding spot.

Lonskils
08-18-2011, 12:37 AM
What did I miss?

Not much, seems Hoss is about on the same level as a wet noodle these days so even semi bad players are leaving so they can raid.

Maegwin
08-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Lons, no offense intended but you don't know what is or isn't going on or how the guild is doing in game. She left because of a personality conflict with other members. It happens, we didn't lose an All-Star to another guild or anything, she was "ok".

Bakana
08-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Lons if Hoss bothers you that much why dont you just Fuck off and find some other guild to complain about especially since you dont even play the game anymore

Lonskils
08-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Lons, no offense intended but you don't know what is or isn't going on or how the guild is doing in game. She left because of a personality conflict with other members. It happens, we didn't lose an All-Star to another guild or anything, she was "ok".

Guess you missed the part where I said semi bad player.

Lonskils
08-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Lons if Hoss bothers you that much why dont you just Fuck off and find some other guild to complain about especially since you dont even play the game anymore

Don't know you, don't really care if you don't like what I have to say either! And I don't play the game anymore, don't mean I don't care about the guild.

Berae
08-18-2011, 06:39 PM
especially since you dont even play the game anymore
Hoss isn't just WoW....

Aindayen
08-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Wowsers.

I can understand Maeg/banana's frustration to the statement. This is Lons we're talking about though and for those of you that's been around you should know better :)

In any case I agree with Berae that one of my favorite thing about Hoss is the fact many of us have played multiple games together and stood as pixels beside one another for in some cases a decade.

Same team bitches SAME TEAM!

P.S. I miss raiding :(
P.S.S. Someone get me peotr's address
P.S.S.S I don't do the P.S. thing as well as pootr.

Valdis
08-19-2011, 06:51 AM
It would help if you stopped adding S and instead added Ps you doofus.
P.S. = Post Script
P.S.S. = Post Script Script?
P.P.S. = Post Post Script...

Aindayen
08-19-2011, 10:29 AM
It would help if you stopped adding S and instead added Ps you doofus.
P.S. = Post Script
P.S.S. = Post Script Script?
P.P.S. = Post Post Script...

Research/search Peotr's posts and you'll understand why.

Aindayen
08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh and V, I KEEL JOO!

That is all~

Valdis
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
You don't have the deeps to kill a critter.

Sabertootth
08-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I do believe this thread needs to be saved again

Syana
08-24-2011, 04:20 PM
so much hate...

I can understand Maeg/banana's frustration to the statement. This is Lons we're talking about though and for those of you that's been around you should know better :)

I know right, just lol...

lol indeed.

Lonskils
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Yup, it is hilarious that you were ever let back in the guild in any capacity. I agree, lol. Just lol

Syana
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
why don't you log on and gkick me?

Lonskils
08-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Why don't you just /gquit like you always do anyway? I'm sure you'll find something to do it over, not like it would be the first time... or second... or third...