PDA

View Full Version : SWToR Flashpoints/Operations with Phank

Zeyla
02-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey all Space Slug - Republic players,

We have 12 level 50's right now, but not all are active. Our Flashpoint nights have been a little thin the last couple weeks, we can usually only get one group going, if that. I'm not faulting anyone, we just started this and I know stuff does come up for people. However it does leave us in the "not enough people to run stuff" kind of mode.

I just got in contact this week with Atom from Phank. They have a small guild on Space Slug (Republic). They currently have ~5 active level 50 players that are working on Hard Mode Flashpoints together on a loose schedule (Monday and Thursday are the main nights for them I believe). They are in a somewhat similar situation to us, wanting to try out the Operations, but not having enough people for it.

So instead of just jumping right in and merging guilds, we thought it would be best to try out running some FP's with them and maybe a test Operation some night over the next couple weeks (or multiple nights depending on how things pan out). The only bad thing is that I will be busy for work the next two weeks, so I won't be able to log on for most nights for the next two weeks. I can log on during the day and check messages and such though.

So the plan is, that you can all add "Atom" to your friend list, if you see him on during the evening, they are most likely running stuff. Send him a whisper and coordinate with the other 50's on-line to get some runs going (either Flashpoints or Operations). If things work out well, we may end up merging with them, but figured we would try it first and see how it goes.

Zeyla
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh and they use the Suicide Kings loot system (this is what they would use for Operation loot I believe)

Here is a brief summary of how the Suicide Kings system works:

Players are put in an ordered list.
The list contains players that are currently in the raid ("active"), and those that are not. Inactive players do not change position, and active players move positions around them, between the position slots that contain active players.
When players want the loot item in question, the player nearest the top of the list (the "King") of those that want it, drops to the bottom (commits "Suicide") of those currently participating in the raid.
NOTE: There is no rolling involved. Loot distribution is based soley on list position.
Multiple lists may be used. For example, you could have one list for each dungeon, so that looting in one, does not affect position in another.
When a new player needs to be added to the list, it is possible to let him "roll in," or simply insert him at the bottom/middle/top of the list(s).
If nobody wants an item, it's disenchanted (DE'd), put in the guildbank, or given to someone.
Since players can not be in two places at once, the system can even keep synchronized across multiple raid groups. Players that are inactive, and not changing position based on what one raid group is doing, are active, and changing postion for the other.

Wresh
02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Z...

Normal operations drop loot that is auto assigned to players and only that player may loot it. Schematics and the alloys (for schematics) are rolled upon. Only when you get into hard modes is loot "rolled on".

Good luck in there!!

Lonskils
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
I thought they were joining Hoss and we Phank when we switched sides. IE My alt is in Phank on Space Slug lol Interesting

Zeyla
02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I mentioned that to Coral from Phank on the original SW thread, I know he has a char in Hoss on Repub side. I chatted with them tonight on the Phank mumble server (the repub-side Phank folks) and they seem pretty cool/mellow, so I'm sure we'll end up joining forces eventually.

Zeyla
02-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Hey Z...

Normal operations drop loot that is auto assigned to players and only that player may loot it. Schematics and the alloys (for schematics) are rolled upon. Only when you get into hard modes is loot "rolled on".

Good luck in there!!

Oh OK, good to know. Thanks!

Beelzebubs
02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Oh OK, good to know. Thanks!

Yeah there is no loot distribution system, the game either hates you or it doesn't that said, in one op I managed to get 4 pieces of gear :p

Syana
02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Heh, deja vu

Zeyla
02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Bump. Still wanting to do this, just don't have the playtime this week to mess with it. Hopefully next week I'll have more time.

Zeyla
02-23-2012, 10:36 AM
So I spoke with Atom yesterday about working together next week for an Operation. They typically run Mon, Wed and Thur for their Hard Mode Flashpoints. I'm thinking maybe we should try for next Thursday night for a combined group Operation night. Bubs was saying that Eternity Vault on Normal isn't too tough. So I thought that might be a good place to start.

The Phank folks have been running Hard Modes for a while so they should be fairly geared up. We need to get a few of our DPS folks geared up so we are good to go by next week. My playtime is still pretty spotty, but I'll help with Hard Mode runs when I can get on. Another decent way to gear up is through PvP Dailies/Weeklies, in addition to the Dailies on Ilum and Belsavis.

Here is a decent guide on the Eternity Vault Operation (give these a quick read if you have time before next week):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=295816

Also, if you don't already, get Mumble setup and configured: (Phank has a Mumble server as does Hoss):

http://forums.hossguild.org/entry.php?5-Setting-up-Mumble

Lonskils
02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
I've logged in twice for this and no one was online to do any. Wasn't sure it was even going on anymore.

Zeyla
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Well, my plan for next week went poof! If I'm not working every night next week or going to some school function, i'm taking care of the wife (she is going in for a partial historectomy next week). And my consulting work is already piling up for next month, so my ability to play during the evenings is looking pretty thin for the next few weeks or longer. So I'll leave it to you guys to organize any runs with the Phank folks. Atom is still up for it if you guys want to try to organize something. He said they run Mon, Wed, Thur each week usually at around our normal raid times 6-10pm-ish (Pacific), from what I recall.

*Note* Atom has a few alts so if he isn't on his main he might be on one of them: Fantom, Protom, Metatom

I had originally picked Tues/Thurs night because they seemed like the nights most were available, if you guys want to setup other nights, go right ahead! I've promoted the high-play time folks to Officer so they can do all the admin functions, set the MotD, etc. The guild management interface is still bugged for some members (i can't change member notes, ranks, etc for about 1/3 of our members) so if you play a lot and didn't get promoted, that is probably why.

So I leave it to you guys to work on setting up guild runs, working with and possibly merging with Phank Republic. Or if you guys just decide to keep Hoss separate, that is totally cool too. If someone else want's the helm of the guild, I have no problem passing the torch. I'll log in during the day when I can to check my in-game messages as well as keep an eye on the Hoss boards.

Z