PDA

View Full Version : News from the work front

Glimbert
03-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I had my eval today, and not only did I get the highest rating possible (super rare to get), but i also got promoted! I'm now officially a Sr. know it all for Wal-Mart ISD!

This won't be announced officially until Monday, I have the new pay to show for it now.

Tenelen
03-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I had my eval today, and not only did I get the highest rating possible (super rare to get), but i also got promoted! I'm now officially a Sr. know it all for Wal-Mart ISD!

This won't be announced officially until Monday, I have the new pay to show for it now.

Nice grats on the work ding.

Holysin
03-30-2012, 02:17 PM
yaysies!

Aindayen
03-31-2012, 05:05 AM
Congrats on your hard work paying off.

How is walmart to work for from a mgt side?

Glimbert
03-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks all :)

Aind, from a management side at the home office it's really good. I do feel bad for store associates, but there's not a lot I can do from where I'm at. The pay is really good (especially compared to local cost of living), benefits are great, and the area isn't that bad overall. It gets boring, but that's why I have you guys in Hoss!

Aindayen
04-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Very cool.

It's amazing how Walmart can control the market with various decisions.

Glimbert
04-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Amazing is one word for it ;-) Due to the systems I work on, at times it get's scary, or I may get over joyed and giddy (depending on what I see happening).

It does make you paranoid though. I've retyped a response a few times, and all I could think was "I'm in a black-out period and Wal-Mart spiders will find this."

A black-out period (which started Friday) is when I'm not supposed to talk about ANYTHING that deals with plans, deals, pricing, OR anything that could result in insider trading for WMT or any company we deal with. Yep, fun times!

*Oh, and it's not likely a Wal-Mart spider would ever find this site, and more importantly, the security guys wouldn't care.

Aindayen
04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
So you're saying you can feed us information so I can profit in the market, gotcha. PM ASAP plz!!!

Glimbert
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Lol, I'll get right on that. And I'Kk skim a penny iff every dollar while we're at it ;-P

Tenelen
04-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Lol, I'll get right on that. And I'Kk skim a penny iff every dollar while we're at it ;-P

I believe it was intended to be a fraction of a penny in office space.

derk
04-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Grats!

What's ISD?

Elidroth
04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I believe it was intended to be a fraction of a penny in office space.

Fuck Office Space.. that was Superman 3's idea first!

Glimbert
04-03-2012, 06:14 AM
It's both Office Space and Superman 3, but as an ISD person (Information Systems Division, the computer geeks that run the company), I default to Office Space.

And yes, it was fractions of a penny in Office Space (Superman 3), but in my world, the numbers are quite larger. So a penny in my world is like a fraction of a penny in most people's.

Quotes from around the office (numbers are slightly adjusted to cover my ass, but the decimal point stays the same):
"It's only a $750K, I don't see what the big deal is."
"They were given $50 Million dollars? Why, are they planning for a small year?"

Or some of my favorites (while in a room with apparel buyers a few years ago):
(From the customer): "My bras are a mess, can you help me get rid of them so I can start over?"

Boss: "What are you doing?"
Me: "I'm helping *customer* find $2 Million that she lost in lingerie."

Areidne
04-03-2012, 03:43 PM
And that's how we met! <3