PDA

View Full Version : Rift Going Full F2P

Widespreadd Panic
05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
On June the 12th rift goes 100% free to play, no restrictions.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php?utm_campaign=f2p_announce_may13&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email&utm_content=learnmore_btn

Zeyla
05-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Nice, I was kind of missing Rift a little bit, will have to go check it out again.

Lonskils
05-16-2013, 09:51 PM
I just saw a story on it, the graphics really were great. If they'd only had the end game ready to go, sigh.

Zeyla
07-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Lons and I started playing this again and I have to say I am digging it. All the new content is open to free players, the only thing you have to pay for is the new "souls" for each class (each class has one new soul). The game has received a fair amount of polish since I last played it, and it is actually kind of hard. I've died quite a few times now on regular mobs. In this age of making everything super easy, I kind of like the challenge.

Lonskils
07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
The levels are very similar to EQ, if there were no quests it would take me a year between levels lol

Derrict
09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
I started playing this about 2 months after it went F2P and my girlfriend just started about 4 weeks ago, so we've been leveling together. The mentoring system is great when you have friends starting new characters.

This is the first MMORPG I've played since leaving Everquest. So far I'm really enjoying the ability of switching up between different roles and soul combinations, not always being locked in as a tank, healer, DPS or support.

Lonskils
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
It's basically World of Warcraft, but with more talents in the trees and easier switching and content that can change quickly. The lack of an end game when it went live is what ruined it.

Derrict
09-06-2013, 08:18 AM
All I read about was the end game when I did some research on it. Today, it seems to cater towards level 60 players. I just hit lvl 57 so I'm not sure what I'll be doing when I hit 60. Part of me wants to get back in high-end guild raid scene but a part of me doesn't.

Lonskils
09-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Well, I'm sure they've got end game now, but when it went live, the only real end game were rifts and well... that gets old after a while.