Wresh
11-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Ya, mine start on Friday.

Idespair
11-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Im guessing there's no way to get it now

Lonskils
11-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Never too late to sign up for beta that I am aware of. At the very least they'll send you a preinvite to open beta when that happens.

Lonskils
11-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Ya, mine start on Friday.

It is taking fucking forever to download, did you experience that?

Idespair
11-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I Signed up, and it replied, we will send you an email if you are selected -.-

Widespreadd Panic
11-20-2013, 08:00 AM
I've been in the beta invites since the summer, it reminds me of neverwinter ALOT

Tenelen
11-20-2013, 08:26 AM
I have my beta invite I plan on checking it out this weekend

Lonskils
11-20-2013, 10:58 AM
By the time I got it downloaded and installed last night the servers were down. So hoping I can hop on tonight and play around.

Wresh
11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
It is taking fucking forever to download, did you experience that?

With mine not starting until Friday, I figure I will dload it tonight or tomorrow while I work from home.

Tenelen
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
With mine not starting until Friday, I figure I will dload it tonight or tomorrow while I work from home.

I have the weekend beta too. I will try to hit you up Wresh to see if we can play together.

Idespair
11-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Anna wants to play :blue:

Seraphina
11-20-2013, 08:56 PM
I have an extra weekend beta key if anyone wants it. Just msg me

Lonskils
11-20-2013, 11:10 PM
I'd go ahead and make your account and get it downloaded, it takes a while. The last thing you want to be doing is waiting on the download when you could be playing.

Wresh
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I have the weekend beta too. I will try to hit you up Wresh to see if we can play together.

Sounds good...
Dloading it now. :)

Idespair
11-22-2013, 03:02 PM
So...i got a message saying You are not allowed to redeem this code. Please review our Privacy Policy (https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/privacy-policy). ???

Lonskils
11-22-2013, 10:41 PM
So not a fan of having to use the keyboard to run.

Zeyla
11-25-2013, 12:49 PM
I'll be curious to hear what you Beta testers think of it. This one could have some promise.

Tenelen
11-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I played the beta over the weekend and I Will say I was a little disappointed. The combat was a little too similar to Neverwinter nights online (which I hated), and as Lons said the keyboard turning was annoying.

Widespreadd Panic
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Its not impressive at all. It reminds me of neverwinter so much, and the controls suck ass. I haven't touched it again since August.

Lonskils
11-25-2013, 07:48 PM
If they leave in keyboard movement I will not touch it again. They are crazy in this day and age to even suggest that be the only way.

Wresh
11-26-2013, 06:18 AM
After all the posts, I am kind of glad I wasn't able to play this past weekend! lol

Lonskils
11-26-2013, 07:00 AM
It was like trying to play a playstation game on a PC Wresh and the graphics weren't all that great to boot. I've been in enough beta's to know when they've hit the wall and moved on from something and the graphics at the start are awful. and do not get better.

Instead of clicking a door, I need to press E. Instead of clicking a NPC I have to press E and God help you if you aren't lined up just right...

Wresh
11-26-2013, 07:54 AM
It was like trying to play a playstation game on a PC Wresh and the graphics weren't all that great to boot. I've been in enough beta's to know when they've hit the wall and moved on from something and the graphics at the start are awful. and do not get better.

Instead of clicking a door, I need to press E. Instead of clicking a NPC I have to press E and God help you if you aren't lined up just right...

Ugh...If I am going to do all that, I may as go back and play this.

Lonskils
11-26-2013, 12:57 PM
It was just so god awful hard to get moving. It said grab a weapon, well shit it took me 10 minutes to figure out what to do from there. If I right clicked I went into fighting stance, if I left clicked I went into fighting stance. So I go through qwerty and well it moves me off the weapon and "E" has no effect so I had no idea. It's as if they just assume we all played Neverwinter Nights which i haven't.

Zeyla
12-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Not sounding too promising at this point without some major interface re-working...

Maegwin
12-04-2013, 03:37 PM
The character customization was the best part.

Like Lons, I floundered around trying to figure out where to get a weapon. I also put myself in combat stance multiple times without meaning to. Combat seemed clunky, with the enemies doing nothing special and me with nothing to do except click for every melee swing (left & right).

Very disappointing considering how much I love the Elder Scrolls games. Am I alone in thinking that they would do much better to make their normal single player RPG games into CO-OP by letting you invite your friends into your game? Maybe cap it at 4 or 5 or something? After all, those are the people I want to play with - not some asshat ruining my immersion. Immersion is what makes the Elder Scrolls games so good.

Lonskils
12-05-2013, 08:52 AM
They need a... actually let me back up here. The entire MMO system needs a new engine. Everyone is still running off the same one that WoW uses, well except these guys, these guys thought it would be cool to use the same engine they've used for single player games in an MMO. Asshats.

Tenelen
01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
I found out why the controls and the combat sucks so much they are doing a pc/console release.

Syana
02-02-2014, 04:46 PM
My take on ESO: If you still enjoy wow, keep playing wow and don't bother with ESO. If you don't enjoy wow, don't bother with ESO.

Alexthegreat
02-07-2014, 12:16 PM
like Ten said, the controls are for a PC/console, I kinda wish it was PC first then downgrade to console but it doesn't seems to be this way from what I've been seeing and I'm afraid we're going to see more of this in future and i don't like it. Maybe the game play was better but it looks average to me even though i love The Elder Scrolls.

Lonskils
02-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I've not logged back into it since I read they were not changing the UI and control. It is absolute garbage.

Lonskils
02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
My take on ESO: If you still enjoy wow, keep playing wow and don't bother with ESO. If you don't enjoy wow, don't bother with ESO.

So basically, you're telling me there's a chance

Widespreadd Panic
04-01-2014, 04:01 PM
I decided to give the game another go, since its actually released now. After playing Wildstar, I have gotten used to the W,A,S,D system, so that became a mute point for me. Just so much that you can do that i feel a bit over whelmed. lol But i do like the fact that you can go anywhere and do whatever you feel like doing. Is anyone else playing the game?

Alexthegreat
04-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Getting the Elder Scrolls online deluxe edition today, who wants to be my friend and get some bonus XP :) I'ma make a imperial Templar tank

Terminater
04-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Alex, let me know how it is

Widespreadd Panic
04-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Im still fiddling with which class I want to play I have characters in the daggerfall and dominion factions.

Adella
04-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Beware ESOL players, Alex is going to try and be a tank again... God help us all!

Wresh
04-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Beware ESOL players, Alex is going to try and be a tank again... God help us all!

That means they must have a taunt button. :wink:

Alexthegreat
04-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm playing in the Aldmeri Dominon side if anyone wants to get together and play. Álexander The Great DON'T JUDGE ME! :P

Widespreadd Panic
04-07-2014, 12:41 PM
I shot you a friend invite Alex. Lixt in the Dominion.

Alexthegreat
04-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Ok, after much hours and messing with skill points and talents, i started over but same with Aldmeri Dominion, Alexander-the-Great. I'ma go with sword and shied with healing and some dps spells. Note to Zenimax, make more spell bars. max 10 please.

Zeyla
05-19-2014, 10:00 AM
I've had a few people tell me they were playing this now? Any of you all playing it? Just curious if they resolved some of the horrible interface issues you guys had mentioned and whatnot. Not really looking for a new MMO at this point (i've gone back to LOTRO for a bit to check out all that I have missed since release). I was just wondering how this game had turned out. I believe it is hitting the next gen consoles in a month or two as well...

Widespreadd Panic
05-19-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm still playing it. I'm about to finally enter the veteran levels. Still a few *bugs*, but I've enjoyed my play time so far. I switched factions to DC though.

hmm i put guys instead of bugs. After the first week, i have not ran into any bugs really. The combat bug where i had to hit escape and back into the game to keep attacking was annoying, but rare. I havent seen that this week at all though. I play a few hours each day and the leveling story alone has gotten me into the game. I keep wanting to see what else is going to happen to my character. The RvRvR reminds me of DAOC kind of, i am waiting until i get into the VRs to go back to that though.

Movement was hard for me at first since i never played shooting games on the computer using WASD. I have gotten very used to it now and it has became second nature. I really like their crafting system too.

The game is not kind to stupid, when out exploring questing grinding whatever. Stupid will die a horrible death many times over.

All of the reviews ive read make me scratch my chin, they are all talking more about early access and things were buggy then. I disagree with every negative reviews ive seen so far.

This game would work for a casual or a hardcore from what ive experienced. I am more on the casual side and ive enjoyed it. I kind of regretting my pre purchase of wildstar, due to the fact I think I like ESO more for the time being. If anyone goes DaggerFall Covenant, I'm Lixe. Dark Elf Dragonknight.