PDA

View Full Version : The US dropped a nuke on Canada! Those Bastards! :(

Tilea
03-22-2002, 10:22 AM
by accident, 50 years ago....

November 10, 1950 -- Quebec, Canada
The U.S. Defense Department, in its 1980 publication on nuclear accidents, stated the following: "A B-50, experiencing an in-flight emergency, jettisoned a bomb over water (outside the United States) from an altitude of 10,500 feet.

The weapon's HE [high explosive] detonated on impact." The report failed to mention that the accident apparently took place just north of the U.S. border in Quebec. According to John Clearwater, a Canadian Defense Department employee working independently on a study of nuclear weapons in Canada, the B-50 jettisoned a Mark 4 bomb over the St. Lawrence River near Riviere-du-Loup, about 300 miles northeast of Montreal.

Clearwater told The Canadian Press that the weapon, lacking its essential plutonium core, was detonated above the river. According to Clearwater, detonation of the bomb's high explosives shook the region, scattering nearly 100 pounds (45 kg) of uranium. The U.S. Air Force reportedly covered up the incident at the time, saying a load of conventional practice bombs had been jettisoned by the B-50, which later landed safely at a U.S. Air Force base in Maine.

There wasn't an actual nuclear explosion, but still kidna scarey to find out about the little "accidents" that nuclear countires have had over the years.

Eomer
03-22-2002, 11:26 AM
Several times the US tested nukes way the hell up North, w/o notifying our government of it... I wish I had a link to a story, but it's something I read in a local paper a few years ago.

Xuen
03-22-2002, 11:50 AM
too bad they missed Eomer with it :(:(:(

Eomer
03-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Yea but the radiation has produced some SWEET dope crops up North!

Sourcelery
03-25-2002, 12:54 PM
/shrug

It's only Canada... :D

Grimthorn
03-25-2002, 01:05 PM
I think it's a great trade...

We (the US) get all of your best Hockey players.

You get to test the effectiveness of radiation on marijuana crops.

EVERYONE WINS!

Amberel
03-25-2002, 01:13 PM

Grimthorn
03-25-2002, 02:13 PM
Well said...

Buazag Bonesteel
03-25-2002, 02:44 PM
Noooooooooooo

Not the hockey discussion again. I can't take another one of those.

Grimthorn
03-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Hockey is the WIN...

Dead Things vs. STRangers in the Cup Final...

Eomer
03-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Rangers prolly won't even make the playoffs this year :/. Which actually makes me happy, since it proves that Glen Sather isn't nearly as hot a shit as he thought he was while in Edmonton. He could barely get a team into the playoffs with a 25 million payroll here, and it's looking like he can't get a 60 million one into the playoffs either. Also, Ron Low is a pretty horrific coach, unless the players can motivate themselves. Otherwise he is screwed, which is what happened after a couple of years in Edmonton.

I just hope that Dallas and St Louis tank it hardcore, so Vancouver and Edmonton can sneak into the playoffs, and all 6 Canadians teams will be in! As long as NYR don't beat out Montreal (who I actually wouldn't mind being out of the playoffs, since they aren't really Canadian!).

Grimthorn
03-26-2002, 01:14 AM
Nah... the STRangers will make the playoffs, and do some damage.

You're right about les Habs. And good riddance...

Qaediin
03-26-2002, 05:40 AM
So sowwy. St. louis wont tank it..=P.

Eomer
03-26-2002, 05:41 AM
Uh, they already are tanking man :). If they continue as they have the past 10 games, they won't be in the playoffs.

Grimthorn
03-26-2002, 07:38 AM
I wonder how many games Tkachuk is gonna miss for his suspension. He slashed a guy in the face!

Tilea
03-26-2002, 07:46 AM
Well the Rangers have Bure now, that's an awfully nice addition.

Eomer
03-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Not really, because Bure is a lazy bastard most of the time, as well as extremely arrogant. He is probably one of the most skilled players in the league, but rarely lives up to it. I have my doubts that Ron Low will be able to get much out of him, although maybe Theo Fleury will kick the shit out of him in the dressing room to motivate him!

Grimthorn
03-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Hrm.. and Colorado gets Kasparitis AND Forsberg...

They're starting to look better... Too bad they're gonna run into Detroit.

Eomer
03-27-2002, 06:23 AM
Rangers lost Richter for probably the rest of the regular season :) Bye bye playoff hopes!

And sure enough, the oilers are now in a three way tie for 6th, 7th, and 8th in the west, as St. Louis has continued to suck, as well as Dallas. Woot :)

Tilea
03-27-2002, 07:06 AM
Bure scored NY's only goal in his first game with them :)

Poor Richter took a puck in the head and has a fractured skull that's gotta sting..

Is Forsberg back in the lineup for Colorado or something?

Grimthorn
03-27-2002, 11:33 AM
Forsberg is going to start skating with the team tomorrow...

Montreal may get Saku Koivu back for the playoffs. (he's already practicing with the team)

Richter gets a fractured skull in a game against the THRASHERS!

Yay Atlanta, if ya can't beat em, hurt em real bad.

Eomer
03-27-2002, 12:49 PM
You sure about Forsberg? I thought he was out until next year cause of the surgery on his foot. If he is coming back, that's good for Colorado. If not, Detroit has basically a free pass into the final :).

Grimthorn
03-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Forsberg is travelling with the team, and ESPN reports that he's going to skate with em tomorrow...

We shall see.