PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Leafweir-ML
07-26-2001, 09:54 AM
Apparently there is a problem...

It is to my understanding that due to the rather strained relations previous to this point between HoSS and L'Malla that DlGoth will refuse to post here. This however is hearsay.

I did speak to Thana last night and both he and I have reservations about the new IGB being hosted here. It is my opinion that given the chance to start over we should put this board on neutral ground for several reasons:

1) Should the guild hosting the IGB close it's doors we do not have the problem we are having now.

2) I believe that it would lead to a greater feeling of equality between the groups representing themselves upon it.

Both Hoss and Vindication objected to ezboard, that's fine. I think that all of us would be willing to accept any board that does not have another guild's name in the URL. I kid you not, THREE guildleaders came to me last night offering to host the new IGB for whatever reasons. MLs current and continued stance is that none of the guilds involved in the discussions should be hosting the board itself... someone suggested the FoH board =) That would be acceptable (wouldn't solve reason #1 above but FoH seems relatively stable).

I'm unsure of where we should go from here, hopefully this can be resolved quickly and peacefully.

--The Unconscious

Sirensa
07-26-2001, 10:45 AM
Re: FOH Board Suggestion
I suggested the FOH board somewhat in jest. There is a server board set up there for Druzzil Ro - but there is no way to restrict access. So pretty much anyone with an account on their boards can post there, like all public server forums. It was also somewhat of a joke because it is the exact same board system Hoss uses here.

Re: Dlgoth
Funny - he has an account on these boards.

Re: Everything else
It is not a pissing contest who gets to host the boards - it is a matter of convenience and ease of setting them up. Personally I would not frequent any ezboard or other such pop-up-add infused free message board hosting site. Does anyone actually think that rotations were biased towards Seekers because the board was hosted on their site? Oh please, gimmie a break. It was equally fair to all guilds involved.

I would be more than happy to scrap IGB completely if people cannot stop thinking past petty dislikes and grievances. Oh waahhh they got upset with me once, I'm never posting on their board again!! Booo cryyy waaa. Spare me.

Andaas
07-26-2001, 12:00 PM
My intention for this forum was to leave it completely unmoderated. Users can delete their own posts, but thats about it.

Obviously, the board administrator (me) would still be able to delete posts, etc., but I don't really like to do that, and have always preferred to see things run their course.

We are all adults, and I would say for the most part that the IGB has been quite successful in allowing us all to keep out of eachothers hair for the most part. There is no tactical advantage to hosting this board at any particular guild's website, other than the simple fact that the host guild will have 1 less set of forums to visit each day.

As for the ability for this forum to exist in the case of the untimely demise of Hoss -- well, I personally own the domain name and paid for the hosting and forum software used here. If for some reason Hoss decides to go away, I would be willing to continue hosting this forum until such time it can be relocated elsewhere.

I was one of the driving forces that pushed for creating the original IGB in the first place, and had I been in control of Hoss forums last year when the IGB forum was founded, it would more than likely have been hosted here anyway.

Regarding those that choose to not participate in the forums here, I would say that necessity will bring them around in the end. We currently have 4 guilds represented here (Hoss, Vindication, ML, IG), and there were 8 guilds using the previous IGB (not counting Seekers). Only VE, VH, CN and L`Malla remain.

Ubar
07-26-2001, 12:17 PM
I personally am fine here, this suits me well the colors dont hurt my eyes, it has nice smiley faces, and I can put a pimp picture next to my name. Can you really ask for more out of an IGB?

Now seriously tho, I dont understand the fuss of it being on "neutral ground", wtf do you think the guild hosting it has some tactical advantage or some shit? I offered to host it last night simply for the reason as I wanted it up asap, I could give a rats ass where it was, but now that its on HoSS boards im happy. Wth is there to complain about? OMFG HoSS is abusing us b/c there guild name is in the url! Gimmie a break, act like an adult it doesnt matter that the board is here, its all settup and Andaas went through alot of work to set it up, so cant we just let it be?

Ciner
07-26-2001, 01:14 PM
I'm happy with it here also. Don't mind at all.

If L'malla refuses to act like adults and post here then perhaps we can move it to the Vindication board. No popups, secure..

What we need to find is a place where everyone will be happy. Obviously any board that dosn't have a guilds name in the topic isn't going to be secure so that is kind of out of the question.

Ubar
07-26-2001, 01:17 PM
Also one more thing, I liked the people I dealt with on the Seekers IGB, I *refuse* to deal with Rohaise, she has never once been nice to me, in fact she is the officer who blew me off in the Zlandicar incident months ago. Also making the board open to the public all the time is just stupid, I really dont want to have people commenting all over on what we say on the board, it we work it out among ourselves dont need to have everyone on Druzzils input into the discussion, and that is what will occur. It will just lead to more problems.

Sirensa
07-26-2001, 01:19 PM
Isn't Vindication's board/site broken more often that it is up? :P

Ubar
07-26-2001, 01:22 PM
Also one more thing. Leaf, can you please ask Rohaise to pass me some of whatever she is smoken? Cause it must be some good shit if she thinks that people want to host the IGB on there boards to increase web traffic there, gimmie a freaken break.

Ciner
07-26-2001, 01:40 PM
Nat dosnt host our board anymore, is on www.axg.net servers now, so will be up 24/7...

Like I said I dont give a shit, just as long as its a place where all are willing to be.

Mystari
07-26-2001, 01:43 PM
My only reservation about using this board is that a few times the site has been down. Haven't been here lately I think so maybe it is more stable now.

I really don't care where the board is or who hosts it - long as we don't lose the good set up we have so far. We have come a long way from the petty bickering - racing to spawns that were a rule in the past.

Mystari
Coven Nex Officer

Andaas
07-26-2001, 02:06 PM
Are you maybe remembering the old Hoss message boards that used to go out ever 2 or 3 weeks Mystari? If thats the case, we have moved to a new host, and new software, that will alleviate the problems that we suffered before.

I know the site was down the other night (which appeared to be a problem with the host, as I couldn't get to their site either) - but beyond that, I wasn't aware of hossguild.com going down or being unavailable for more than maybe 10 minutes time since I brought it online 2 months ago.

The provider has been very helpful with my needs and I think the service has been excellent so far.

Mystari
07-26-2001, 02:10 PM
could be - I went through a period 6 months ago when I read everyone's boards and I remember the Hoss one being down alot.

After awhile that got boring so I deleted all my links and only read the ones that I needed to for weekly scheduling

So that was probably before you switched over.

Dlgoth Riknueth
07-26-2001, 06:55 PM
Guess that means I've got access.

To reply to Leaf, I said I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Hoss hosting the IGB, and yeah, I liked the idea of a neutral ground board, but hey, whatever, it's better than no IGB.

Oh, and thanks for the vote of confidence, Ciner! :D

Selice-ML
07-27-2001, 05:45 AM
Also one more thing. Leaf, can you please ask Rohaise to pass me some of whatever she is smoken? Cause it must be some good shit if she thinks that people want to host the IGB on there boards to increase web traffic there, gimmie a freaken break.

I'm sorry, but this just wasn't necessary to say. Roh has all good intentions at heart, to make a board that is totally on neutral grounds. She is willing to even pay out the cash to stop the pop ups on the board so its not so annoying. She also created a "dispute" type forum, so its NOT aired out to the public.

The Interguild board she created is NOT on the ML board. Its a totally seperate entity. I thought it was a good idea as well. /shrug

Alestair-CN
07-27-2001, 09:53 AM
Personally, I don't care where the IGB is hosted. We have come a long ways and I really want to keep things moving forward rather then falling backwards.

Ciner
07-27-2001, 11:51 AM
Hey I thought you wernt willing to post here, but since you are I would like to retract my previous comment sir.

Dlgoth Riknueth
07-27-2001, 12:52 PM
Retraction noted. Now quit callin me sir ;)

Alestair-CN
07-27-2001, 01:11 PM
He must think you are a Proton Citizen :D they are always called sir by serfs. ( I just reread the Apprentice Adept Series by Piers Anthony hehe )