PDA

View Full Version : Question about Old Planes

Enki_VE
07-31-2001, 10:38 AM
Howdy all.

I have a question about the old planes and how they relate to the IGB.

On the old IGB people would occasionally post about their intentions to go up to a particular "old" (PoH, PoF, PoA) plane or other infrequently raided spot. So far, the new IGB seems only concerned with the rotation mobs and resolving inter-guild issues, avoiding any mention of the old planes.

I was curious if there was any thoughts on posts about the old planes here - should this board be old-plane free going forward?

Currently lots of guilds (including some here) post their intentions on the druzzil-ro.net boards. Are the people here comfortable with just using that?

Finally, a question about old planes posts on druzzil-ro.net and how they relate to god rotations. Lets say that guild A has CT up in rotation, and guild B has posted their intentions to be in PoF on the day that CT spawns.

Would the people here suggest that B step aside (not go to PoF - maybe problematic since many PoF guilds are not here), A & B coordinate (via tells, here, etc.) or some other approach?

Mystari
07-31-2001, 11:19 AM
it is very rarely a problem because most guilds who are not IGB guilds raid planes on the Weekends where guilds here raid during the week. CT is up during the week mostly also - not a weekend.

There is very little conflict if we keep out postings for planes to Mon - thurs

I always post intentions on both boards just in case

Blambil_VE
07-31-2001, 03:05 PM
To get to a more specific twist:

Guild A has PoH reserved for X date.
Guild B doesn't need anything from the 1st floor, but is trying to complete their epics, etc.

Guild B goes up to PoH on Guild A's raid day, and takes all the "mini-bosses" a couple hours before Guild A starts their raid.

Guild A gets to the 2nd floor to discover them all gone.

If Guild A posts their intention (perhaps on the druzzil-ro.net boards) to kill some PoF minibosses, for instance, is it expected that other guilds would not go up (race) earlier on the same day to kill the minibosses before Guild A goes up?

VE would support such a policy - do others?

Mystari
07-31-2001, 03:27 PM
ACK - well hopefully people aren't that inconsiderate. Maybe in your post specifically state that you want the mini bosses.

On a side note - CN was in Hate yesterday (scheduled) and not all the mini bosses were up but we got a couple of them.

Grazel_VE
07-31-2001, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately, it appears someone did exactly that today. We're in PoH right now. Half the minibosses are missing, and 80% of the first floor is empty and respawning.

Andaas
07-31-2001, 08:03 PM
The hate minibosses are really a unique issue here, as it doesn't require a guild effort to fight them. A group of 6 can go in to hate and easily clear around and kill most of them in a couple of hours.

Guilds cannot control what a pickup group can kill during off hours.

Hoss recently spent a few weeks of going to hate to clear the minibosses for one of our necro's, and we had a very difficult time ever finding more than 1 or 2 up.

Grazel_VE
07-31-2001, 08:23 PM
I'd say 7 out of 10 VE PoH raids have been jumped like this.

"Guilds cannot control what a pickup group can kill during off hours. "

I agree with this 100%.

But I do plan do find out who is jumping posted raids. I'm going to have someone park a tracker alt on the west wall.

Blambil_VE
08-01-2001, 12:46 AM
Quote: "Guilds cannot control what a pickup group can kill during off hours."

Not sure I agree. What denotes a "Guild Action"?

Does it have to be a posted event on a guild board somewhere?

What if 20 members of Guild XXX just happen to form a pickup to jump some mob on the IGB? Isn't the Guild XXX then responsible?

It would seem to me that if a guild has posted they are going to raid "Zone Z" and that members of Guild XXX are aware, they should all abide by it.

Just my $9.89.

Ubar
08-01-2001, 12:29 PM
I think Andaas was refering to 1 grp, not a raid type grp of 20 people.

Blambil_VE
08-01-2001, 12:46 PM
I know that's what he meant.

/smile Andaas.

Let's say, for this case, it is ONE group.

How is one group of Guild A members, all of whom know, or SHOULD know, that it's Guild B's day in Plane of XXX, or Zone XXX, not a representation of the guild?

I don't want to be argumentitive, but there has to be some degree of responsibility. All too often actions are blamed on "a rogue group of members" and "things we can't control" but the guild does nothing about it, and it happens again and again.

Suggestions?

Mystari
08-01-2001, 02:46 PM
Well in CN, anyone disreguarding a booking by an IGB guild (which I usually put right on our website calendar) must suffer the Wrath of the GUILD MOM!

I have just recently been informed of my new title. (I think it is because I am good at nagging).

Anyway it has only happened once in CN - after I got done yelling and the smoke cleared, everyone agreed not to screw up rotation or IGB postings anymore.

I caught this comment as I was logging that night....
"And I thought Kuru was a hardass"

Everyone needs a guild mom :cool: