PDA

View Full Version : Ragefire stolen..

Andaas
08-01-2001, 12:34 PM
Just an update on Ragefire - apparently he spawned over night from reports that I've heard, but was killed by an anon crew of former Seekers. Those involved include the following:

Indecisive, Limanae, Fricisee, Fandyen, Skuttlebut, Sarenity, Stompetta, Raouul, Petercorbin, Vikkie, Kumven, Zvar

Nothing we can do about it since they aren't represented here, but posting anyway.

Leafweir-ML
08-01-2001, 12:49 PM
Refresh my memory...

I remember something about Intogo getting the very last Seekers rotation, but not when it was supposed to happen. Did that already happen and the ex-seekers snagged a second one? I'm lost here.

--The Unconscious

Mystari
08-01-2001, 01:09 PM
yes the Seeker we were waiting on DID complete his rage and I posted the date - it is on the rotation schedule post that has been archived

so this was a blatant steal as they knew it was a rotated spawn

Thanatoz
08-01-2001, 01:09 PM
didnt a new guild get formed by them? if so someone should contact them so they can get added into the IGB.

Unless we have a rogue guild being made thats not willing to abide by the IGB. And that is just bad. In any event I can gaurantee that every person who attended that ragefire ganking knows about the IGB and the rotation system.

Guess its time to start being extra watchfull on most kunark rotations.

Leafweir-ML
08-01-2001, 01:13 PM
What do we intend to do about this? This is difficult to police, especially for a rogue group that doesn't care about our sanctions.

If this continues, I suggest we list the offenders and make sure that they do not find refuge amon any of our guilds. Should one of the guilds represented wish to recruit one of the offenders, they must be prepared to incur the penalties as if their guild had commited the crime.

--The Unconscious

Mystari
08-01-2001, 01:20 PM
I posted the info on our board - someone thinks that Fricacee and Kumven applied for CN membership - will have to ask our recruitment officer to flag them as HELL NO's

Dlgoth Riknueth
08-01-2001, 01:34 PM
It was done for Limanae. Fricasee (his IRL son) - (both pieces of shit IMO) was claiming the camp a few days back when ML was up, and Quintall sent me a tell about it thinking for some reason these guys were mine (I am quite ashamed to say I had them guilded for a short period of time).

Apparently ML ingored them and got theirs, but they must of snagged him during the middle of the night.

Basically, there's not much we can do other than make sure we're on top of the spawn, as far as I can tell. We might *gasp* think about helping each other out if we're low on numbers so this doesn't continue.

Enki_VE
08-01-2001, 01:36 PM
It seems a bit strange that it is appropriate/feasible to hold a rogue group responsible for rotation jumping but inappropriate/infeasible to hold a rogue group of ones own guildmembers responsible for miniboss jumping. How can we presume to control the actions of a group not in any of our guilds when we cannot control the actions of our own guildmates?

That being said, I believe that Leafweir has a good idea and think it deserves support.

Zordak and minibosses aside, I think there is a significant risk here. Specifically, it is within the realm of possibility that an all-anon guild could be forming with the specific plans to ignore all rotations. If they get a significant portion of the members of Seekers they will easily have the ability to take mobs such as Trakanon and others that are of interest to everyone here. The resulting devolution into a race situation would be unfortunate.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid - I hope so :)

Mystari
08-01-2001, 02:00 PM
maybe - but we have something here thst they do not

a working relationship
sure - maybe they can slip past us once or twice
but each time we will be aware of more names

It won't take long till every single spawn they want - no matter how small - will become very difficult to achieve.

You see here most of the power of Druzzil Ro
No offense intended in any of this, but from my point of View.....

Hoss , Vindi, and ML have the most raw POWER in members
ML has the greatest NUMBER of members
L'Malla and CN have good KNOWLEDGE of spawns at a lower stage of power
IG, VH, and VE have the HEART to become just as good if not better than above guilds

If we are working together towards a common goal (ie a group that knows about the IGB but is thumbing thier noses at it), there is not a whole hell of alot they can do against us.

But it does mean we may have to actually *gasp* get along.

Just see if this is a one time thing or starts to be a trend - then
if they refuse to work in a peaceful manner.....

SQUASH EM!

ok...I feel much better now - going back to playing with my sticky notes (I can almost see the left corner of my monitor today!)

Blambil_VE
08-01-2001, 02:26 PM
Mystari, you got me smiling... :)

However, the key to this working (assuming we're paranoid and correct) is the members of our collective guilds, and the server as a whole have to see the cooperation, and believe the co-op greater than the rebels.

Otherwise the rebels increase and the co-op.. looses spawns.

Thanatoz
08-01-2001, 03:17 PM
damn can I be Darth Vader!!!

guildmember_01 says "what should we do with the rebels sire?"

I reply "wipe them out, all of them."

muhahahaha

as a side note Limanae , fricisee, mankubus and Haeroth are all related in one form or another.

Dlgoth Riknueth
08-01-2001, 03:32 PM
Lim is dad, Haeroth and Fric are the sons (Fric being the youngest), and I THINK Mankubus = Haeroth

Enki_VE
08-01-2001, 03:35 PM
Damn, assuming Fricisee is like 12 (do people much younger than that play?) that means that Limanae must be at least 28 (probably significantly older).

One would hope that people who were of adult *age* would act like adults. Modeling behavior around one's son of, "hey, there is this agreement that a bunch of people have agreed to - lets just hide (go anon) and break the agreement (grab the mob)" doesn't seem like a good lesson for a child to learn.

P.S. Thanatoz: Please send a star destroyer or something to the world of jar jar binks and kill them all. NOW.

Ubar
08-01-2001, 04:00 PM
You do realize this was not a "rogue grp" but in fact Seekers reformed and they are all anonymous correct? I did a /guildstatus on Stomp today, said he was a member of Seekers. So stompetta (His IRL Wife) is most obviously also a member. This is not the action of a rogue grp but a clear display, at least to me, that the new seekers have no respect for any rotations as they have not even asked for admitance to this board which is very easy to do. IMO When / if they do ask for admitance these actions should be taken into account and they should be punished on the ragefire rotation by being forced to skip 2 complete cycles before entering.

Dlgoth Riknueth
08-01-2001, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I just watched Indecisive retagg about 5 people around me. Whats the point of being anon, it's not like we don't know...

Grazel_VE
08-01-2001, 11:05 PM
They're being all /anon smells really bad to me. Ugh.

Thanatoz
08-02-2001, 10:26 AM
anyone have info about the new Seekers? Cinder leading them again? are they giving us the finger on rotating spawns?

Just seems odd there all anon or roleplay 24/7

Dlgoth Riknueth
08-02-2001, 10:31 AM
There's no roleplay, just straight anon. / seekers all shows nothing.

I do believe Cinder is leading them, as a guildmate of mine was in chat and saw Cinder asking guides when his guild was going to be created...

Leafweir-ML
08-02-2001, 01:01 PM
This is smelling something like a proposal from Cinder I heard rumor of not too long ago. Basics of it were to get together with ML, go FFA on everything and own the server. We didn't go for it and now apparently he's decided that Seekers will be going that route on their own.

--The Unconscious

Ciner
08-02-2001, 03:15 PM
Seekers reforming is like kicking the dead horse a few more times heh, when will Cinder just take it easy~

And this anon thing dosnt look good, but honestly I doubt they will get enough supporters to go ffa so no harm~

Enki_VE
08-02-2001, 06:26 PM
I happened to be clearing FGs with a couple friends and just after we dropped Tranix, Fricisee appeared - visibly tagged as a Seeker. Apparently he had been camping Tranix - and we had just gotten Tranix' crown. I've transcribed the conversation below - I have screenshots/logs of it as well:

Fricisee> I kept king cleared for 5 days
Enki shrugs
Enki> Hoss waited a week for the ragefire spawn, they didn't get it
Fricisee> This just ruins my fing day
Enki> Just like a Hoss cleric's day was ruined eh?
Fricisee> it's not my fault
Enki> You were present at the kill
Enki> Along with your father Limanae
Fricisee> like I said not my fault the redid IGB and shut out seeker
s
(above transcribed from screenshots - at this point I had the brains to turn on logs)
[Thu Aug 02 18:12:46 2001] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Thu Aug 02 18:12:49 2001] Fricisee says, 'like i said not my fault the redid IGB and shut out seekers'
[Thu Aug 02 18:12:51 2001] Taking a screenshot...
[Thu Aug 02 18:12:53 2001] Taking a screenshot...
[Thu Aug 02 18:12:56 2001] Taking a screenshot...
[Thu Aug 02 18:13:00 2001] Taking a screenshot...
[Thu Aug 02 18:13:01 2001] Leorny tells the group, 'Fricisee is the one who's been telling me for 5 minutes btw'
[Thu Aug 02 18:13:06 2001] You tell your party, 'I know'
[Thu Aug 02 18:13:25 2001] Fricisee says, 'oh well not like i got much else to do but to camp king anyways..'
[Thu Aug 02 18:13:29 2001] You say, 'IGB wants seekers back in - and we gave the seeker who had been in rotation the ragefire - then y'all took a 2nd'
[Thu Aug 02 18:14:02 2001] Meek tells the group, 'intogo is the seeker that got the rod btw - and imo he deserved it'
[Thu Aug 02 18:14:14 2001] Meek tells the group, 'the first, not the second. dunno second one'
[Thu Aug 02 18:14:42 2001] You say, 'Intogo being the seeker who got the one after seekers closed boards - then a 2nd one was killed by yl'all. At any rate, I thinke veryone would like to see you back on the rotation'
[Thu Aug 02 18:14:58 2001] You say, 'Because a race would, to be blunt, suck.'
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:01 2001] Fricisee says, 'would be nice.. less confusion'
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:05 2001] Meek says out of character, 'not yet...'
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:13 2001] Players in EverQuest:
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:13 2001] ---------------------------
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:13 2001] [ANONYMOUS] Andaas <Hoss>
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:13 2001] There is 1 player in EverQuest.
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:38 2001] You say, 'Well, Andaas is on now and controls the new IGB - I'm sure he'd love to hear from an officer of yours in one is interested.'
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:46 2001] Fricisee says, 'kinda funny ya know'
[Thu Aug 02 18:15:54 2001] Fricisee says, 'hoss recreates IGB puts them at the top of the list'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:05 2001] You say, 'They put Intogo, a seeker, at the top of the list in fact.'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:11 2001] Fricisee says, 'i find that rather amusing seeming how they coulda divide all the guids and put each at a starting point'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:27 2001] Fricisee says, 'put intogo where?? on top of what?'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:27 2001] Meek tells the guild, 'I wish this were pvp server sometimes....'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:44 2001] You say, 'Intogo, a seeker who was at the top of the Zordak rotaiton list, got the first kill after the seeker boards went down'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:54 2001] Fricisee says, 'thats not how it went'
[Thu Aug 02 18:16:56 2001] You say, 'Hoss and all the other guilds agreed that Intogo shoudl retain the spot and get the kil, which he did'
[Thu Aug 02 18:17:11 2001] Fricisee says, 'it was seekesr turn after we broke up intogo held that spot for rage therefor seekers got the last rage they were in line for'
[Thu Aug 02 18:17:22 2001] Fricisee says, 'but he was not at the top of the new igb board'
[Thu Aug 02 18:17:41 2001] Fricisee says, 'brb'
[Thu Aug 02 18:17:48 2001] You say, 'Hmm - not sure I understand - but at any rate, prolly better to just figure it out on IGB'
[Thu Aug 02 18:17:57 2001] Fricisee says, 'well congrats leorny on your crown im sure ill get one sooner or later '
[Thu Aug 02 18:18:03 2001] Fricisee says, 'ill keep this spawn clear another 5 days..'
[Thu Aug 02 18:18:21 2001] Leorny tells the group, '...'
[Thu Aug 02 18:18:26 2001] You tell your party, 'I need to log for a mintue to post conversation to IGB'

That's it - logged after the above to post this. Tried to not be too negative at him as the best outcome is to get them back on the boards.

Dlgoth Riknueth
08-02-2001, 07:21 PM
Cinder is anon and guildless.

Ffeyde asked me how to make an officer, and asked if only the GM could, when I said yes, he said "shit, I don't even know who has the GM tag"

Oh, and talking sense to Fricasee is like talking to a brick wall. He's like 15 or 16, and acts like he's 10 most of the time.

Dlgoth Riknueth
08-02-2001, 09:32 PM
Cinder's twink Falcon is leader....

Selice-ML
08-03-2001, 05:54 AM
Fricisee says, 'like i said not my fault the redid IGB and shut out seekers'

LOL Perhaps if Cinder didn't delete the whole messageboard, this conversation wouldn't have even come up :p

Friscee seriously needs an attitude adjustment and to learn his facts before opening his mouth :p

Decadance
08-03-2001, 07:09 AM
the day i booted this kid and his father i had an over welming feeling of joy. I could go on for hours with my problems with fricisee and lim, lets just say, talk to someone else instead.

Quintall_ML
08-03-2001, 08:44 AM
Funny, the rotations look the same as they did on the old IGB, Fricisee needs to get his head out of his ass someday and look around for facts.

Rebuffed that guy's inquiries to join ML for 4+ months, feel even better about it now. :D

Indecisive_SoN
08-06-2001, 05:15 AM
I was not on for this although my character was. I will take the blame for it happening.

Although I do think the rotation is bias I will abide by my guilds wishes.

Alestair-CN
08-06-2001, 07:01 AM
I don't see why you feel the rotation is biased. The rotation is setup to keep our server peaceful which it has been doing a good job of. Also it gives everyone a chance to try different mobs and kill them if they are able. Personally, I feel the rotation is one of the best things to happen on Druzzil considering how well overall the guilds have been getting along. No worrying about having to sit on a spawn waiting and then rushing to get everyone there. Each guild knows when they are up for a mob and can just watch for it, then head over to take their shot. As opposed to the way things used to happen, 2 or 3 guilds watching for a certain mob to spawn then rushing to beat the others there.

Indecisive_SoN
08-06-2001, 01:26 PM
I'd rather not go into on this board why the rotation is bias.

As for working together.. Grats. Druzzil Ro is so disgustingly saturated with high end gamers it isn't even funny. We have 4 or 5 guilds on this server that would easily be the uber guild on another server.

/waits for another server split..