PDA

View Full Version : Who listens to what? (Music Thread)

Guntak
07-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Genre(s)
---------
Techno.
Industrial.

Artists and corresponding favorite song
--------------------------------------
Moby - Porcelin
BT - Dreaming
Hybrid - Finished Symphony / Kid 2000 Featuring Chrissie Hynde
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
*The Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive / Entire Vegas and Tweekend albums
Static X - Dunno, too many
Filter - Welcome to the Fold / Captain Bligh
Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy, Pappy Mix
Prodigy - Funky Shit

I am not sure which genre of music The Verve fall into, but their song "Bittersweet Symphony" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

*Denotes favorite artist/group/band.

Eomer
07-06-2002, 01:36 PM
You should prolly grab Richard Ashcroft's CD if you like the verve, similar music, very good.

Personally, it's hard to boil down what genres I listen to. I try to keep an open mind, but most of the music I listen to falls into rock, metal, some industrial, very little techno. Basically 99% of the music I listen to has drums/bass/guitar/vocals. I like very limited amounts of rap (VERY limited, most I hate)

If I was forced to pick a favorite band, it would probably be between Led Zep (I picked up their complete studio recording boxed set 6 months ago. It really is incredible the amount of amazing music these guys made), Primus (Les Claypool is god, check out Tommy The Cat/The Awakening for one of the most incredible solos, on bass no less), or The Tragically Hip (who unfortunately seem to be way past their prime, Music@Work and their newest album are poor).

Favorite song I guess would have to be "In My Time of Dying" by Led Zep. Hell, any song with that drum beat is going to be great, and the wicked slide guitar doesn't hurt. 11 minute epics rock. The live version of "Three Days" by Jane's Addiction is incredible too, I love the way the guitar solo runs through 2/3 of the song.

Tarissa
07-06-2002, 01:53 PM
mostly porcupine tree now, the new Costello album is pretty nice. new rush album seems sort of forgettable, like test for echo.

Eomer
07-06-2002, 02:05 PM
I thought Vapor Trails was very good, nice and heavy.

Khael
07-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Metal.

Sonata Arctica - only released 2 "real" albums yet so many good songs... BEST of the BEST is Power of one though
Blind Guardian - way too many to list
Edguy - Mandrake, Out of control, Fairytale... again too many to list really
Nightwish - the whole album Century Child (2002) ownz
Charon - As we die, At the end of our day, etc, pretty new to me haven't listened to them much yet
Crematory - Caroline, Tears of time, same as above
Manowar - The power, Hail and kill, pretty much stopped listening
to them lately though
In Flames - awesome music, a bit too "death" for me generally though.. Dialogue with the stars is divine
Iced Earth - don't listen too them very much, but they have some nice ones.. Dracula, etc

For softies and relaxation I tend to listen to Within Temptation. A few one-time hits are:

Zonata - Dimension to Freedom
Adema - Trust
Fear Factory - Resurrection
Elvenking - Pagan Purity
Dragonheart - Valley of the Damned
Elactricity - Cosmic Castaway

Don't think too many share my view on music though :p

Dharrk
07-06-2002, 03:52 PM
90% of what i listen to is alternative/metal, and the other 10% is scattered to basically everything

Adema
Static-X
Slipknot
Hoobastank
Jimmy Eat World
Linkin Park
System of a Down
Papa Roach
Eminem

Bolien
07-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Metal all the way:)

Sepultura: Refuse/resist, roots, territory ( used to be in a metal band covering this song but doing a guttural version of it heh )

Death: Crystal Mountain, the philosopher --> may Chuck Schuldiner RIP , he died of head cancer:( ...bass player of this band kicks ass.. if u ever check out the song Philosopher...he plays it freatless!!

Machine Head: everythign on their 1st album

Slayer: some old school tracks: Angel of death, south of heaven

Pantera: Here i like almost everything...my fav band actually

Nightwish: got only wishmaster but i liek the other 2 albums aswell

Carcass: old school death metal:)

Edge of Sanity: I adore the album purgatory afterglow:)

Bolt Thrower: the 4th crusade ( 5 sec headbang from the singer in video! :) )

Gorefest: Erase, Fear ---> strongest guttural voice i ever heard

Cannibal Corpse ( old ones ) and Six feet under: i find barney too funny cause hes crazy and the lyrics are crazy aswell heh

Fear factory: edge crusher and the whole album Demanufacture

System of a down: too commercial for my taste tho i find the singers russian accent funny:)

well i could add loads of other things but i leave it at this. I also listen to other stuff which is more grunge and i like it in discos tho metal concerts are still the best! MOSH PITS!!! hehe

Forgot to add RAMMSTEIN hehe

Rika
07-06-2002, 08:29 PM
all sorts of stuff

NoFX
Bad Religion
UGK
Robert Bradley (I wish the governor would just leave the poor man alone, hes screwin up my home!)
Camp Kill Yourself
Junction 18
Samiam
Ben Harper
HIM !!!!
The Cure
The Impossibles
Cake
The Mars Volta
At the Drive-In
Sparta
Pocket Fisherman

nwinn
07-06-2002, 08:40 PM
I love music :D

*The Beatles!

Rock-type Music
~~~~~~~~~~
Pearl Jam- live songs are the best!
Bush
No Doubt- before this pop phase they're in
Green Day
Fiona Apple
Sublime
Incubus
Nickelback
Moby
Ben Folds Five
Eve6- the lyrics :D
Sheryl Crow
Weezer

Older Music
~~~~~~~
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young- and Neil Young on his own
Bob Marley

Soul-ish, Rap-like Music
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lauryn Hill
Macy Gray
Erykah Badu
Black Eyed Peas

And, this above all... I HATE Oasis and most country. :D

~nwinn

Kenthia
07-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Wow i havent posted on these forums in a long time ^-^

Well as if people didnt think i was strange enough as it is, i listen to mostly J-Pop (japanese pop), Trance, and anything you'd hear in a Dance Club (and i love remixes).

If anyone out there has some free time and patience (and dont mind being unable to understand the lyrics to a song lol), see if you can find my favorite song on Kazaa or something!

Ayumi Hamasaki - Whatever (ferry 'system f' corsten extended vocal mix)

Thats Kenthia's theme song :). oh and here is some other people i listen to.

Paul Oakenfold, Delerium, Chicane, Trance Global Nation, TRF, Two Mix.

Also, if you can find it by some mirical, O`Fortuna (highland mix) is the perfect song to play durring a big guild fight :D

Lothbah
07-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Tool - Stinkfist
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
The Prodigy - Smack my Bitch up
Green Day - She
Aphex Twin - Windowlicker
Radiohead - Everything in its right place
Chemical Brothers - Where do I begin?
Crystal Method - Busy Child
Garbage - Stupid Girl
Deftones - My own summer
Pink Floyd - Anything from 'Dark Side of the Moon'

Dont know what categories these bands are in, but they all good.

Tarissa
07-07-2002, 12:24 AM
"O`Fortuna"

as in like Orff? ;o

Siff
07-07-2002, 02:15 AM
I've got lots of stuff from lots of people
Pearl Jam
Rush
Pink Floyd
Smashing Pumpkins
U2
Metallica
Staind
Green Day
Korn
Nine Inch Nails
P.O.D.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Charlie Daniels Band (Devil came down to Georgia)
Enya
80's stuff
Queen
Queensrhyce
Richard Wagner
Beethoven symphony No. 6
and the list goes on and on.....

Drakky
07-07-2002, 02:36 AM
Rika also listens to GG Allan.

Torrid
07-07-2002, 02:49 AM
Garbage owns. But I'm not 100% objective :D

BurnemWizfyre
07-07-2002, 03:14 AM
to much to list hehe but heres a few

Live--throwing copper has to be one of the best albums ever
Staind
Matcbox 20
Bush
Korn
metalica
System of a down
Eve 6
Disturbed
Static X
PoD
Poppa Roach
Incubus
Oasis
The verve
Garth brooks---you find a better concert you let me know cause this man can fucking perform..
Sublime

I can go on but its late :)

Rika
07-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Drakky get it right!

Its G.G. Allin!

Vestax
07-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Trance / house

Favourite ch00ns of all time:-

Jonah " ssst Listen"

Deedee "forever"

Ayla " take me away"

Mauro picotto " gonna get you lizard"

Milk inc " in my eyes"

Cosmic gate " bullet in the gun"

Cosmic gate " exploration of space"

Basically anything with a hard and Pukka beat ....... innit :D

Deadsouls
07-07-2002, 04:49 PM
I mainly listen to Goth/black metal along with Industrial

Tristania
Sirenia
Front Line Assembly
Nineinchnails
Smashing pumpkins
Tool (dont care for lateralus)
Stabbing Westward
Ministry
Emperor
In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
Marilyn Manson
Wumpscut
Battlelore
VNV Nation
Rammstein
System of a Down(getting a little too commercial :( )
Snake River Conspiracy
U2 (old school :-)
Type o Negative
KMFDM(mdfmk also ownage cd)
Summoning
The Sins of Thy Beloved(awesome goth metal band)

uhh theres like more and stuff but thats about it of my top favorite bands

Rika
07-07-2002, 05:06 PM
VNV Nation should have been in my list for sure.

Andriana Duskrose
07-07-2002, 06:55 PM
Deadsouls also LOVES Limp Bizkit.

Dharrk
07-07-2002, 10:22 PM
and Blink 182

Deadsouls
07-07-2002, 10:49 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

Lothbah
07-08-2002, 12:23 AM
what the fuck deadsouls, Cradle of Filth is screetchy british glam-goth. Also, your name comes from a song...cant remember who sings it tho~ enlighten plz.

Limp Bizkit is the Britney Spears of rock
Blink 182 is the Britney Spears of punk

Urgas
07-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Deadsouls

Old song from Joy Devision
Covered from Nine Inch Nails for The Crow

Pretty awesome song.

Urgas

Lothbah
07-08-2002, 12:29 AM
thanks urgas

Deadsouls
07-08-2002, 03:14 AM
yup what urgas said, and Im aware of what cradle of filth is :P
I like that kind of music :)

Psidan
07-08-2002, 04:44 AM
Ministry - Jesus Built my hot rod Favorite song
Pantera - Fav Band
Slayer
Morbid Angel
Scelputura
Metallica
Lynard Skynard
Acid Bath - Very strange, sounds good though
Live

These are my favorite bands, Just Rock and some soft stuff.

Eomer
07-08-2002, 09:56 AM
Lateralus could not have been better, had Jesus himself blessed it!

Elidroth
07-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Currently in my changer:

1 - Dream Theater - 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence - disc 2
2 - Puddle of Mudd - Come Clean
3 - Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
4 - System of a Down - Toxicity
5 - Sevendust - Animosity
6 - Korn - Untouchables
7 - Static X - Wisconsin Death Trip
8 - Black Label Society - 1919 Eternal
9 - Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (Ronnie James Dio singing)
10 - Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind

Add:
Metallica prior to Load (of crap)
All Megadeth (even Risk)
Eric Johnson
Rush (anything up to Power Windows)
Stabbing Westward
Cold

Basically.. I'm into heavy stuff.. Can't stand Limp Bizkit or this new wave of rap/metal crap. Open to give almost anything a listen though..

Oh.. and anything from Frank Sinatra.. He's the boss, the original cool.. fuck with him and he'll STILL have you killed.. even from the grave.

Country Music will rot in hell.

Thordoff
07-08-2002, 11:59 AM
Here is wut I like:

Tool - Euology, Aenema, Lateralus, Opiate, The Grudge
Aphex Twin - Windowlicker, Come to Daddy, Powerpill Pacman
System of a Down - Chop Suey, Marmalade, Toxicity, Aerials

Radiohead
Daft Punk
Incubus
RHCP
Soundgarden

Vinilaa
07-08-2002, 01:26 PM
hmmm there isn't enough room to list everything I like here :p I am very eclectic in my music tastes. I listen to everything from classical to ska... I just like music. I love rock, blues, R&B, soul, jazz, punk, fusion, surf music, Japanese flute, African drums, Italian Opera, you name it.

I love:

Nina Simon
the Vibe Raiders
Missing Link
Pantera
Tori Amos
Pink Floyd
Booker T. and the MGs
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
Beethoven
Motzart
Tool
System of a Down
The Who
Led Zepplin
Sarah Mclachlan
Brother Sky
Train
Cake
Eartha Kitt
Black Sabath (Ozzie only, Ronnie James Dio scares me)

Gah, it's no use there really are too many and I can't bring myself to tier them... What I find myself listening to "now" drastically and constantly changes over time.

I also hate listening to music on the radio. I typically hate what the DJs choose to play and I am totally obsessive about owning and playing my own CDs. I think I typically have between 300-400 CDs.

Zobb
07-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Pink Floyd > ALL
Tool <-- anything, they are Gods
Metallica
Janes Addiction
Zepplin
The Cult
Marilyn Manson
The Doors

Bauhaus
Sisters of Mercy
Joy Division
Dead Kennedys

CAN
Crystal Method
Chemical Brothers
Praga Khan
Death in Vegas
Prodigy
Underworld

Mozart
Listz
Beethoven
Ravel
Rachmoninov

Country and Rap kill me, total garbage. As soon as some jack off comes out with Country Rapp, I may go on a murder spree. Also Alanyis Morrisette should gutted and hung from a flag pole...giving a peace sign.

belegir
07-08-2002, 01:58 PM
Barry Manilow
The Beach Boys
Helen Reddy
Bing Crosby
Liberace

Bolien
07-08-2002, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deadsouls

Tristania

those own :)

Parak
07-08-2002, 03:08 PM
Ah, Kenthia is a kindred soul ;o

Jpop mostly for me, though I tend to listen to trance and classical as well. Well, more like I can listen to any music, as long as it is melodic, but the aformentioned are favorites.

Jpop: Two-mix, Dream, Akino Arai, Yoko Kanno, Megumi Hayashibara. Those spring to mind...

Trance and classical: Various.

Maelikki
07-08-2002, 04:24 PM
The corrs
Metallica
Wagner
Moby
Prodigy
The Cranberries
Carls Orff (Carmina Burana)
The Fugees

prolly lots of more stuff :]

Guntak
07-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Grab some Hybrid songs.. Finished Symphony, Glorious, Kid 2000 Featuring Chrissie Hynde, Snyper, and their cover of "Never Gonna Come Back Down." Uhh, cant think of any more atm. :( Do you two like BMP? Cantonese, not jpop.. just taking a stab in the dark.

VINILAA - I lub Tori Amos. She also provides vocals for some of my favorite techno groups. :D

Elidroth, you have to be the coolest 30+ year old I have ever come in contact with. Anti-redneck too!!

Kenthia
07-08-2002, 06:54 PM
Cool, lots of new things to download.. wish i still had my cable modem lol.

Parak - I'm familure with Dream Two Mix and Megumi, that is to say i have heard a a song of their's here and there, i dont know the other two yet. Any songs in particular you would recommend me getting?

Guntak - What is Hybrid? is that like Classical and Pop mixed? I have a number of songs like that from Vanessa Mae (storm and toccata & fugue come to mind ^-^). She kicks booty with that violin of hers ;)

I have some songs from other cultures as well, vietnamese, european (mostly techno there), and i have a german version of Barbie Girl that will make you shoot milk out of your nose lol.

Guntak
07-08-2002, 08:32 PM
I have that song too, by Rammstein. The part where the girl says, "Spencer?" and then the guy grunts is HILARIOUS. Hybrid is Classical and Techno, you were close. I woudn't call it pop. The songs are very moving.

Im going to check out Vanessa Mae, thanks!

Parak
07-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Kenthia, come on irc, I'll send you some stuff :D

Deadsouls
07-09-2002, 03:58 AM
elidroth i have to agree with you there, this new metal I HATE with passion, just cant help it...sorry to anyone who is a big linkin park, adema, or limp bizcut fan..i just hate them

eomer...there is only one thing wrong with lateralus...its fucking tool mixed with a perfect circle, which is one of my FAVORITE cds but for christs sake i expect tool to have a specific sound to it, not non stop acoustic shit with some heavy metal in the chorus....its just not tool in my eyes, i dunno if anyone else feels the same...was just expecting a little more heavier/dark cd, also maynord almost never says fuck, think he only says it like 1 time in track 8...dude cmon maynord has to say fuck a ton for it to be tool!!!!

Bolien - glad to know someone is into european goth metal other than me :) rock on man

Eomer
07-09-2002, 07:29 AM
I do agree that the album isn't as heavy as their past efforts, but for some reason I really really like it. And my favorite part about Tool was never the really heavy parts, but the long long drawn out instrumental parts of their songs, so maybe that's why I enjoy Lateralus more.

And actually, Linkin Park is a not bad band. Musically and lyrically they are pretty damn good, I think. Better POD or Papa Roach. I don't think they are incredible or anything, but they are very damn listenable.

Grimthorn
07-09-2002, 07:46 AM
eomer...there is only one thing wrong with lateralus...its fucking tool mixed with a perfect circle

Maybe I'm smoking something, but isn't the lead singer and songwriter, for these two, the same guy?

-Grim

Eomer
07-09-2002, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't say lead songwriter, but singer yea. Tool cooperatively writes all their music, not sure about the writing process in APC though.

Elidroth
07-09-2002, 08:34 AM
I guess I'm the only person left on the planet that just doesn't care for Tool.

I also like all of the Sugar Ray stuff.. maybe it comes from the fact that I know the guys pretty well, so I might be biased.. but come on.. you have to love a band that names their second big release 14:59 cause they think their 15:00 minutes of fame are about up.

So.. to go through my CD case (the one that's in my car.. I have over 1000cds at home).

Alice in Chains - Everything. Truly the only great band out of the Seattle grunge scene. RIP Layne.
Lenny Kravitz - Lenny (freaking awesome)
Deftones - White Pony, My Own Summer
Skrape - New Killer America
Buckethead - Colma (Brian Carrol aka Buckethead is the scariest guitar player ever. He's also the most bizarre)
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E (anything after this is very non-scottish)
Slipknot - Iowa
Pantera - Everything since Cowboys From Hell (yes they had stuff earlier than that)
Metallica - S&M (it was cool.. admit it.. do not deny)
Static X - Machine
Disturbed - The Sickness (these guys are just VERY cool to hang/drink beer with)
The Cult - Beyond Good and Evil
Ozzy - Everything he's put out.. ever..
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime, Rage For Order, The Warning
Staind - Break the Cycle & Dysfunction, both great CD's.
Fates Warning - No Exit & Pleasant Shade of Gray
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory (about the only new stuff I can stand)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force, Marching Out
Iron Maiden - Everything with Bruce Dickenson. Paul Dianno, and (especially) Blaze Bailey can rot in hell next to Country Music.
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Testament - Low, Souls of Black
Creed - My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered.

OK.. so I can deal with Creed's lyrics, and Scott Stap's annoying persona.. The music is pretty good, and Mark Tremonti has without a doubt the best guitar tone live I've EVER heard.

For all of these bands.. I MUCH prefer live recordings to the CD's.. because it gives you an idea of what they're about.. I used to LOVE Guns and Roses until I saw them live. Easily the WORST collection of drunk, strung out heroin addicts ever thrown onstage. So sloppy the songs are barely recognizable.

Dharrk
07-09-2002, 08:35 AM
I'd put Linkin Park and Adema more with Korn and less with metal really.

Elidroth
07-09-2002, 08:53 AM
Korn is really an anomaly.

I first saw these guys in 1993 at a club in San Diego called Dream Street down in Ocean Beach. There were 6 people in the bar.. INCLUDING the door guy and bartender. I was actually there to see another band that followed them. They had this strange "Children of the Korn" psycho-cultist look about them.

While everyone was praising the latest, soon-to-fade-away pile of shit out of Seattle, these guys were ABSOLUTELY doing their own thing. They sounded like nobody else, prompting me, and the other 3 paying customers there to look at each other with a "WTF is this shit?" expression. But it was catchy in a 'staring at a traffic accident' kind of way. Something about it FORCED me to come see them again. I bought one of their demo tapes (remember cassettes?) and literally wore it out. It was incredible.

Over the next few months, I actually wound up becoming pretty good friends with them, playing several shows around San Diego, originally with them opening for us, and then roles reversed once their CD hit the shelves in 1994.

So fast forward to now.. They've just released Untouchables.. are STILL doing their own thing and not following anyone else, but there are plenty of people now trying to be 'The Next Korn' or whatever.. I truly hate that about the music industry machine.. always trying to regurgitate a winner.

So.. short version.. Don't lump Korn into the 'Nu-Metal' nonsense.. they've been doing their own thing for almost 10 years now..

Elidroth
07-09-2002, 08:57 AM
Geez.. how could I forget this one.. the absolute Greatest Band In The World..

TENACIOUS D

Sirensa
07-09-2002, 09:16 AM
I guess I'm the only person left on the planet that just doesn't care for Tool.
I don't like Tool either. :D

Elidroth
07-09-2002, 09:19 AM
You don't count.. cause you're a vile inkie.

Vinilaa
07-09-2002, 10:06 AM
I'm a vile inkie and I love Tool. I also like A Perfect Circle.

Some others I wished I had added to my "favorites" post:

Dead Kennedys
Black Flag
The Doors
Circle Jerks
U2
The Police
Cream
Free
Janis Joplin (her backup band was amazing)
Aretha Franklin (the Queen of Soul)
Ella Fitzgerald
Etta James
John Coltrane
John Lee Hooker
Thelonius Monk
Sonny Rollins
Miles Davis
Edi Brickel
David Bowie
Yoyo Ma
The London and NY Philharmonic Orchestras
The Blues Brothers
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble

/sigh this was going to be a "short" list... There are just too many talented musicians out there.

Dharrk
07-09-2002, 10:12 AM
the lead singer of adema is jonathan davis's brother or something like that

Aneeluv
07-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Early P.O.D. was unbelievable. They seem to have changed their style a bit to fit in with popular secular music a bit. But i enjoy their music much more than some of you, because i've met them, and they are really nice guys, that look like they could beat the crap out of any other band. so maybe i'm biased.

i hear tarissa's band sounds like a mix between chis isaac and henry rollins? :D

Grimthorn
07-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Geez.. how could I forget this one.. the absolute Greatest Band In The World..

TENACIOUS D

Preach on, Brother...

Tenacious D rocks mah face!

-Grim

Deadsouls
07-09-2002, 09:06 PM
yes both a perfect circle and tool have maynord as the lead singer...thats kind of what I was trying to imply, its as if he wants mix tool with a perfect circle....*shrug* theres nothing wrong with that if he wants to do it, I personally just dont care for the cd that much. Its brilliantly composed and deserves credit, just not what I wanted from Tool I guess :-)

Siff
07-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Summer of 2000 I saw System of a Down, Powerman 5000, Korn, Kid Rock and Metallica at Texas Stadium in Dallas during the Summer Sanitorium tour. All the bands were great, but nobody could top Metallica. It was a show I'll never forget and was freaking awesome to boot. If you've never been to a Metallica concert, then your missing out on a show to see.

Elidroth
07-09-2002, 11:06 PM
I saw that same show in LA.. I went in HATING Kid Rock.. and left a fan. The guy puts on one hell of a show and he's VERY talented musically even if some of his stuff doesn't show it.

Bofer
07-10-2002, 12:54 AM
trust in maynard!

Eomer
07-10-2002, 08:19 AM
Never seen Kid Rock live, but have seen him a few times on TV, and generally it has seemed like he puts on a halfway decent show.

I still can't stand him though, just such a sleezy looking little freak, and having the even more freakish Pam Anderson on his arm just makes him look even more ridiculous.

Vestax
07-10-2002, 08:24 AM
i saw mauro picotto at leeds love parade 2000!.. Quality geezer. Btw what the fook is up with all the goths and metal junkys? :D

Move too Europe get some trance and house into your life and stop shooting people :p

Medion
07-10-2002, 01:10 PM
weezer~
get up kids~
ben folds five~
hey mercedes~
appleseed cast~
they might be giants~
fountains of wayne~
the promise ring~
jimmy eat world~
hot rod circuit~
piebald~

no one else? wassap ~_~

Rika
07-10-2002, 02:43 PM
your tilde key broken?

Kenthia
07-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Wow, Finished Symphony is really cool ^-^ I'll deffinately check out some of the others you mentioned Guntak, thanks for the refernce :). and I'd love to get some songs from you Parak but i dunno if you wanna send mp3s to my super slow dialup connection :p

Abyori
07-10-2002, 11:08 PM
oh its not that bad! ^ ^

Drakky
07-11-2002, 03:48 AM
hey you are the one named ~rikachoo~ rika

~~
~~

zagzal
07-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Kid rock was my first concert i went to go see.. It was tight. he got the place all super hype and then ended with "Only god knows WHy" song everyone had their lighters up singing the song. ( I think thats the name of the song ) I like kid rock, kid he owns ..

but....

Classical music > all

Mozart is "Teh Win"

Buazag Bonesteel
07-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Don't think too many share my view on music though

On the contrary Khael...damn good stuff in your list =o

Add Nevermore, Theater of Tragedy, Pain of Salvation and Superior to that for me :cool:

zagzal
07-11-2002, 12:40 PM
UGK

umm rika do you mean UGK - Underground Kings (hardcore rap)

I am a music person I mostly listen to Classical music, Rap, Techno, Happy hardcore techno, oldies, rock, metal, alternative. I listen to just about everything. Hell I drive around and listen to musicals some time :b My Mp3 list looks crazy. Lot of Classical, Rap, and techno lol.

Don't think too many share my view on music though :)

Lothbah
07-11-2002, 03:07 PM
UGK sings "Sippin on some syrup" with 3-6 mafia right? kinda southern rappy

Nalas
07-11-2002, 11:00 PM
I can't really stand anything on the radio anymore. The stations get their hands on a good song every now and then, but then they fucking hang it out to dry by playing it so much. They've done that with basically every hit Creed, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, and so forth has ever had. That's almost the same kind of thing MTV has done with rap and pop. At any given time of the day I can turn it to MTV and there will either be a commercial or some rap/pop related something on. They never play music worth listening to anymore. :mad: I wouldn't mind hearing music from albums of artists like these on the radio or tv:

Third Eye Blind - Self-titled
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
Silverchair - Frogstomp, Freak Show
Box Car Racer - Self-titled
Live - Throwing Copper
A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E., Make Yourself
blink-182 - Enema of the State, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
Alien Ant Farm - ANThology

Also, I've been liking what I hear from the new TRUSTco. cd, but I'm sure that one will be torn to threads as well.

Lothbah
07-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Dont forget the best band ever!

Morris Day and the Time!

"Don't you never say an unkind word about the Time. Me and Silent Bob modeled our whole fucking lives around Morris Day and Jerome. I'm a smooth pimp who loves the pussy! And Tubby here is my black man servant! What!"
-Jay

Shik_forgotmypass
07-12-2002, 08:38 PM
http://www.axg.net/rebellion/playlist.htm

fuck rock~

BurnemWizfyre
07-12-2002, 11:03 PM
you notice alot of people here dont post that they like rap, wanna know why shiik? Its because most understand that rap 98% of it is pure and utter trash and 100% commercialized all to hell for wannabe's such as youreself. Honestly ask youreself this, how many people above the age of 30 do you know that really listens to rap? I put rap and britney spears crap all in the same category, media spoonfed music that they tell you youre supposed to like.

Facts of Life Shiik--youre white, you will never be black (no matter how many black people you see on tv) youre not a OG, youre a stupid under 18 immature child, so take rap and shove it up youre ass along with the rest of youre gdamn opinions and post them on youre own damn site.

Wizod
07-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Aphex Twin
Robert Miles
Boards of Canada
The Prodigy
Squarepusher
Paul van dyk
Daft Punk
ATB
Tool
System of a down
Ja rule
Notorious BIG
~~ w3rd

Lothbah
07-13-2002, 12:20 AM
At least shik participated in the thread. He didnt hijack it or flame someone. I agree most rap sucks, but his techo/trance/dance/rave choices are pretty good, and he gave his input just like everybody else did. Other good bands/songs...

Buckcherry - Lit up
Stone Temple Pilots - Trippin over a hole in a paper heart
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench, This is a call
Old Beastie Boys stuff, new shit is terrible - Sureshot, Paul Revere

donno if anyone mentioned those

Hallinforth
07-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Shik doesn't even say anything offensive and gets flamed for participating sheesh so much hostility in you burnem frnd.

Punk rawk 4 lyfe ^_~

*smooch*!
:confused:

Elidroth
07-13-2002, 12:39 AM
One thing I'll never do is belittle someone for their choice of music. Music is an artform (except country which is digitally recorded depression), and as such is open to interpretation by all.

Rap sucks? Fine.. rap sucks.. I don't like it either, but don't tell someone their an idiot because it happens to be what they like. If Shik likes Rap.. that's his choice (did I really just defend Shik? Yikes..)

Personally.. I think Picasso was a hack.. but there are people out there willing to pay MILLIONS for his work? Music isn't any different.

Dharrk
07-13-2002, 02:29 AM
/agree

Famor
07-13-2002, 07:34 AM
Punk Rock/Rock/Alt Rock

Deftones
MXPX
Days of the New
Onesidezero
Flaw
Tool
Fuel
Meshuggah
Nothingface - anything before 'violence' album, after that they went down hill
Lifemine
Fear Factory

---

I like a hellova lot more then that but I just can't think of them atm

Rezz
07-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Hrm, wierd choices for me, I dig a few different styles.

Nine Inch Nails (Trent = god)
Tool
Ministry
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tenacious D
White Zombie
Bon Jovi
Type O Negative
Bloodhound Gang
Aerosmith
Live
Danzig
System of a Down
Marilyn Manson (almost anything but mechanical animals ~.~)
Stone Temple Pilots (Core/Purple, everything else was down the tube)
Offspring
Monster Magnet
Stabbing Westward
Sponge
Alice in Chains
Rage Against the Machine
No Doubt
Bush
Pearl Jam

and untold millions more. Ok, maybe not millions, but a ton. And honestly, I've got about 0 problems with rap music, it's just not my cup of tea /shrug.

-edit : Gah, totally left out one of my fav albums, the self titled Visual Audio Sensory Theatre album (VAST) Awesome music

Hoho, and lets not forget Lenny Kravitz. I can't stand Fly away, but the rest of 5 was killer.

Nalas
07-13-2002, 09:16 AM
Shik, the Bon Jovi and Stroke 9 on your list doesn't exactly fall under the rap or techno categories...neither does Marcy Playground. You gotta love hypocritical people. ;)

Qaediin
07-13-2002, 10:58 AM
I listen to rap and i am above 30 burnem;). I can listen to anything but Country music../puke.

Taxet
07-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Country Music :)

Rika
07-13-2002, 05:31 PM
Yes UGK from Houston Texas.

Best rap ever imo..

and yes they did a couple songs with 3-Six Mafia.

They also did a bit in a popluar song from Jay-z awhile back.

The song One Day is nice.

Shik_forgotmypass
07-13-2002, 06:07 PM
sometimes those kind of songs do infect my ghetto playground and hide from my delete key, it is tru~

Trygelan
07-13-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Kenthia
Well as if people didnt think i was strange enough as it is, i listen to mostly J-Pop (japanese pop), Trance, and anything you'd hear in a Dance Club (and i love remixes).

If anyone out there has some free time and patience (and dont mind being unable to understand the lyrics to a song lol), see if you can find my favorite song on Kazaa or something!

Ayumi Hamasaki - Whatever (ferry 'system f' corsten extended vocal mix)

wow, another person actually listens to music they can't understand the words to! (didn't bother reading the whole thread, just glanced to take a look at it.)

BTW, Whatever, Evolution, Fly High, Boys & Girls, Too Late and many many many more are all great Ayumi songs ^_^

My music consists of:
Ayumi Hamasaki(JPop)
Utada Hikaru(JPop)
Megumi Hayashibara
Various Anime Theme songs that I don't know artist to, including but not limited to songs from Tenchi Muyo, Macross Plus(Voices(both versions) is just a beautiful song), Record of Lodoss Wars, and too many others to list(JPop again)
Staind
Jemeni
Drowning Pool
Disturbed
Van Halen
Led Zepplin
ZZ Top
Lots of Clasical Music
Some rap(not alot, but some)
And some country(see above about rap)
And a ton more JPop/anime than I mentioned(17hrs mp3s too much to look through to list)

Drakky
07-13-2002, 10:51 PM
Monster Magnet, eh?

Space Lord Mutha Mutha...

Shik_forgotmypass
07-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Monster Magnet - powertrip.mp3
sentimental value eh jonny~

Lexoon
07-13-2002, 11:59 PM
So what happened when music was appreciated for what it is and the dedication the people put into it that make it worth listening to? Wish the categorization bullshit would subside, seriously, fuck the label whores....anyway, punk rawk oens u. I like a lot of shit though really, a ton. Been listening to a lot more stuff lately though, so here's my list of bands--

aperfectcircle
Alien Ant Farm
blink-182 (yes, more pop now, still love them, loved em before they went mainstream)
Bad Religion
Bob Marley
Box Car Racer
Buckcherry
Bush
Cake
Creed (occasionally)
Days of the New
Deftones
Eminem (I take pretty much all hip hop and rap in small doses, love Eminem though)
Eve6
Everclear
Fenix Tx
Finger Eleven (hell yeah)
Foo Fighters
Good Charlotte
Gorilla Biscuits
Green Day
Guttermouth
Homegrown
Hoobastank
Incubus (first 2 albums owned)
Jimi Hendrix
Jimmy Eat World (one of my favorite bands)
Lagwagon
Led Zepplin
Linkin Park (for their originality)
Lit
Live
lostprophets
Mest
MXPX
New Found Glory
NOFX
Oleander
Our Lady Peace
Papa Roach
Pearl Jam
Pennywise
Pink Floyd
Rage Against The Machine (their politics are somewhat in left field, oh well)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Relient K
Screaching Weasels
Silverchair
Simple Plan
Stabbing Westward
Staind
Stroke 9
Styx (omg Mr. Roboto > all)
Sublime
Suicidal Tendencies
Sum 41
System of a Down
Tantric
The Offspring
The Verve
The Who
Third Eye Blind
Thursday
Tool
TRUSTcompany (check them out, album releases the 23rd)
Unwritten Law (former albums were on par with the one that made them big =o )
Weezer
White Stripes
Yngwie Malmstein

....and so many more, too tired, I hope my alphabetization is gud, kaka.

Lexoon
07-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Music is god btw...

HipposPottamus
07-14-2002, 04:25 AM
http://www.liquid2k.com/hippos03 - my list, not even close to as long as shik's list...fear the "b" region of my list

a lot of the same stuff as lexoon, if you know any good songs by groups on my list, tell me =/. I'm missing about 250 songs on my list because somehow in my transfer over to other pc I lost about 700 songs (a lot of em were just like comedian stuff like chris rock, george carlin, and they weren't on my list so it didnt matter)

i used to have about 40 UGK songs on my list until I realized that their sound was a little too hardcore for me :)

Nalas
07-14-2002, 07:15 AM
hawt shit l3x, you're like teh god of alphabetizing...*moan* I wished I was as good at it as you :( I agree with you though, punk is teh win 4 always ok thxs.

Lothbah
07-14-2002, 06:44 PM
More good stuff

The Chemical Brothers - Loops of fury, The Test, Star Guitar
Aphex Twin - anything off Drukqs, Boy - Girl Song, Hot Buttered Popcorn
Squarepusher - Brain Bug, Drum and Bass 2000
Crystal Method - Bad stone
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals, the Dope show

Download them they are good songs

Nalas
07-14-2002, 07:48 PM
I've heard a few of those, I think Ima check out the ones I haven't, though :p

Btw Loth, haven't talked to you in like forever man, I can't fucking PM you cuz you've got them turned off! Turn them on you bastage!

Deadsouls
07-15-2002, 12:06 AM
omfg i cant believe i forgot monster magnet :(
thats one of my all time favorite bands...and they have a fucking incredible live performance :)

BurnemWizfyre
07-15-2002, 01:16 AM
my intent wasnt to flame him for liking rap, its his mentality i was flaming that is obviously originates from rap.

Rezz
07-15-2002, 01:43 AM
Newer Monster Magnet stuff is cool, but Dopes to Infinity was like their best album ever. Negasonic Teenage Warhead = ownage.

Totally forgot Rammstein on my list too =/ Badass band.

Vinilaa
07-15-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Elidroth
Personally.. I think Picasso was a hack..

OMG You take that back Elid!!!! :eek: :p

zagzal
07-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Ugk is one of my fav groups I have been listing to them for about hmmm 8+ years (when most of their stuff was banned like NWA) Not alot of people know who UGK is, and it suprised me. I know just about every song they ever made and I have them all on my puter. I listen to alot of downsouth rap ( 3-6 mafia, Pastor troy, Lil FLip, Dj screw) but I listen just about all of rap music. East West, mid west, Alot of Underground ect..

Funny how people can say rap is so bad when artistes as Lincon park, Limp bizkit, Gorrilaz, Kid rock, Rage aganist the machine.. ect. say that they are a mix of rap and allterntive or rock lol..

Are they trash?

Rika
07-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Well the Houston rap scene is about the best in the nation as far as im concerned. I lived there for a few years and I cant really get into east/west coast stuff. Devon the dude, UGK, SPM, Rasheed, Lo-G, Screw, Scarface there is just to many to name. Anything from www.dopehouserecords.com or www.swishahouse.com records really.

For non south rap, I like dayton family, trick daddy (miami), E-40 (thats just the way it is) and quite a few others but thats the main stuff.

zagzal
07-15-2002, 12:33 PM
E-40 is dead his last good song was Captin Save'em

Devon the dude is good I used to listen to him when he was a member Odd squad. I don't like Spm. Scareface is a legend.

You should check out the Oomp camp they are atlanta undergound rap. They are probly the best underground rappers you can find. Try looking for Dj Jellybean, he is probly the best Dj their is. He will talk a song, swith 3-4 beats in that song and make it sound tight. Pastor troy is probly the best story teller as of right now. I can talk to you about music all day long. Try to download some mp3's of Oomp camp you might like it. I use Audio gaxlay and they had alot of Oomp camp.

Lothbah
07-15-2002, 01:24 PM
What p2p program you guys use to download your music? I'm tired of KazaA and Morpheus with all their pop-ups, and Bearshare doesnt have enough users to download more obscure songs... Enlighten plz~

Aneeluv
07-15-2002, 01:36 PM
so young, so angry...

damn that rap music

zagzal
07-15-2002, 01:41 PM
I used Audio galaxy. It worked good for me. Me and my brother would download probly 30-40 songs a day. but a bulk of my mp3's came from Napster. God I miss Napster /cry .

I don't use kazzA or Morpheus b/c I read somehwer when you press that EULA thing. It says somewhere that the company is allowed to sell your name to other people and shit..and a whole lot of other crazy stuff. I can't find the artical.

lol Aneeluv I was thinking that same quote lol

Nalas
07-15-2002, 01:43 PM
I dropped KaZaA maybe a month ago because of the pop-ups and all, but mostly becayse of the spyware. I found a program called KaZaA-Lite that uses a dummy file to replace the spyware. It tricks the KaZaA servers into thinking that it's the original file. It also excludes pop-ups, which is God. It does have built in banners say on the main 'Home' tab page, but that doesn't bother me much because I only use the 'Search' and 'Transfer' tabs anyways. Check it out: www.kazaalite.com.

HipposPottamus
07-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey! Take that back zagzal!

Linkin Park is now SUBURBAN WHITE BOY RAP METAL TECHNO

listen to just one of the reanimation songs and you will see what I'm talking about =/ they are pathetic except some of their songs have good lyrics

Nalas
07-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Linkin Park sucks up the ass :mad:

Lexoon
07-15-2002, 03:55 PM
Kazaa is anal all the way around, still shitloads of pop-ups. You guys should check out WinMX, fucking ownage. No pop-ups whatsoever, millions of users, fast, easy to use.

WinMX (http://www.winmx.com/)

Andriana Duskrose
07-15-2002, 03:56 PM
I just go to the local record stores here (Future Shop, or A&B Sound) with a big hockey sized equipment bag, fill it up with CD's, and walk out of the store. Works great, no download time, or spyware, and since I wasn't going to buy them anyway, they aren't losing money.

Eomer
07-15-2002, 03:58 PM
/cheer Andriana

Zobb
07-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by zagzal
Funny how people can say rap is so bad when artistes as Lincon park, Limp bizkit, Gorrilaz, Kid rock, Rage aganist the machine.. ect. say that they are a mix of rap and allterntive or rock lol..

Are they trash?

YES, that is all.

Nalas
07-15-2002, 05:12 PM
I have nothing against Rage...great guitarist, even if most of their lyrics are fucked up. The rest mentioned, though, and the many more just like them can rot in hell.

Elidroth
07-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Take away Zach De La Rocha and Rage Against the Machine becomes something completely different. Zach always sounded like a really pissed off 15 year old kid to me.. Never liked what he was doing.

Tom Morello is a SICK and VERY talented guitarist. The rythym section of RATM is just as good. Great musicianship, but just got saddled with a joke of a singer. That all changed last year when they started working with Chris Cornell (Soundgarden for you who've lived under a rock). All I can hope is the stuff they did sees the light of day.

BTW.. downloaded a bunch of the TRUSTcompany CD. This is going in my CD player as soon as it comes out. VERY VERY cool stuff.

Eomer
07-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Apparently they stopped recording Elid, and don't have plans on finishing the album or continuing with the lineup. I didn't hear why though.

I think that if you give a listen to a lot of the stuff Zach said in his songs, there was quite often a lot of meaning to the song. I don't agree with a lot of their political stances, but some of what he/they say has merit, anyway.

I am not normally a fan of rap, or stuff that involves rap, but I have liked RATM ever since I first heard them. It's too bad the band couldn't get along any longer, they did make some pretty good stuff.I look forward to seeing what Tom Morello does in the future. I love the version he did of Another Brick in the Wall with Layne Staley and a few others.

Lothbah
07-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Listen to Tom's work on One Man Army with the prodigy. good stuff

HipposPottamus
07-15-2002, 11:45 PM
where's a good place to get trustcompany songs?

if you got yours of kazaa, then you got the wrong songs because all they do is repeat the chorus over and over except for 1 of the versions of downfall is correct

Kenthia
07-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Trygrelan - I have every ayumi song in existance, that i know of anyway lol. The best thing about Ayumi's songs is not only are the orginals really good but there are hundreds of remixes for them all! :D I mostly like the trance mixes though, my playlist right now includes;

M (above and beyond mix)
surreal (dub's floor transport mix)
Hana (D-Z deadly rose approach)
and Unite! (euro-power mix)

One of my favorite jpop songs right now, though, isnt from Ayumi. its from a group called "Hal" (i guess thats the group's name, kinda odd name for the pretty girl who sings and is on the cover lol). Hal did a lot of remixes for Ayumi and probably other people too. Far Away (hal's 200 mix) was really good lol. anyway the one i like from her right now is called Violation of the Rules, if by some mirical you can find it lol.

Lexoon - is that a red version of Cecil i see dancing before me? FF2 = All time Classic. oh and i'm going to check out that program you mentioned, now that Audiogalaxy seems to be dead.

Elidroth
07-16-2002, 12:40 AM
Eomer.. I was referring to the delivery more than the words. And rumor has it Chris is back in the studio with them again.

I use WinMX. It's very very cool.

Lexoon
07-16-2002, 01:12 AM
Nah, it's a red version of Kain =D yeah WinMX owns, I recommend it to everyone k~

Abyori
07-16-2002, 01:16 AM
Actually I think it is Cecil, as a Dark Knight. ^ ^

Kenthia
07-16-2002, 01:46 AM
It is Cecil but he didnt have red armor, his armor was blue.

They took away the pictures i posted =/

Aneeluv
07-16-2002, 02:06 AM
dissing zach de la rocha? i don't understand. was it not the song where he screams 'F*** you i won't do what you tell me!' over and over the bait that reeled in most everyone to that band? Everytime i hear that song i still get goosebumps :) sure the sweet beats and killer guitar kept you hooked for the rest of the albums, but c'mon.

I didn't really care much at all for chris cornell's voice. sing black hole sun or spoon man to bulls on parade or sit now in the fire. its just my opinion, i didn't find the new songs very much to my liking. tho, maybe it could have grown on me, guess we'll never know.

F you i won't do what you tell me

aneeluv

Shik_forgotmypass
07-16-2002, 03:56 AM
RATM is the only "band" i could really stand listening to now, i always thought of it as rock or whatever really, but i guess its probably the shit i started listening to during the transition from punk/rock to hiphop phase keke =p

Dont listen to much southside shit the only name i really recognise is devon the dude from the stuff hes done with dre.

always hated linkin park limp faggots whatever u wanna call em.

i really love nwas old shit, and alot of the old tupac stuff more then the "mainstream rap" now.

rambling~
music brings people together~

Lexoon
07-16-2002, 08:49 AM
yeah it is cecil nm, doesnt have the headgear like kain :\ im dumb

zagzal
07-16-2002, 10:00 AM
I am looking for Classical techno any one know any spefic Dj's to download from?

and looking for Undergroud alterntive rap like Gorrilaz any one know any?

Khael
07-16-2002, 12:26 PM
pmgz, Lex has a future paladin under his name :o

Kenthia
07-16-2002, 12:35 PM
LOL, maybe you should get a picture of Golbez or something Lex :p

Nalas
07-16-2002, 12:38 PM
I agree 100% with you Lex, you are :rolleyes:

Lexoon
07-16-2002, 03:22 PM
blech :|

Rika
07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Oh btw i like Pink Floyd lots =p

Peter Tosh too

Lothbah
07-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Nalas you suck. I unlocked PMs on my username two days ago because i had high hopes of some serious man-to-man cybering, but NOOOOOOO. Anyway...

some good music by females~

Hole - Violet
Garbage - Push it
Alanis Morisette - You Oughtta know
Patti Smith - Rock & Roll N#%@^*
L7 - Shitlist
Tracy Bonham - Mother mother
Bjork - Human Behaviour
Cranberries - Linger

Nalas
07-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Haha, you bastard :D

Eomer
07-16-2002, 11:00 PM
Tracy Bonham related to John Bonham? Zep's deceased drummer?

Oh, and here is some trivia about Alanis's You Oughta Know. It was co-written and recorded by Flea and Dave Navarro.

Lothbah
07-16-2002, 11:24 PM
humm thats interesting... the only two people I ever liked from RHCP. Which reminds me....

Janes Addiction - Stop!
RHCP - My Friends
Dave Navarro - Rexall

Lothbah
07-16-2002, 11:39 PM
Shik-

i really love nwas old shit

I like a lot of old NWA too, but I think Grimthorn said it best...
"Easy E was a no talent hack surrounded by people far more talented"
Cube was the best in NWA...he kinda fell off the truck when he left tho. MC ren was under-appreciated~

Aneeluv-

was it not the song where he screams 'F*** you i won't do what you tell me!' over and over the bait that reeled in most everyone to that band? Everytime i hear that song i still get goosebumps sure the sweet beats and killer guitar kept you hooked for the rest of the albums, but c'mon.

You are talking about 'Killing in the name'. I personally didnt care for that song, its too repetitive. 'Wake up' and 'Bullet' were great tracks on the first Rage album, both showcasing Tom's guitars. 'Freedom' and 'Township Rebellion' also had Tom upstaging Zach. 'Sleep now in the fire' and 'Bulls on Parade' would have been great as instrumentals. 'Down Rodeo' is the only song where Zach really sounds good. Point is Zach sucks, the main reason RATM was good is the same reason Tom Morello won guitarist of the year something like 4 times.

Nalas
07-16-2002, 11:44 PM
It's 'Killing In The Name Of', get it right you slacker!

Tarissa
07-17-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Nalas
I dropped KaZaA maybe a month ago because of the pop-ups and all, but mostly becayse of the spyware. I found a program called KaZaA-Lite that uses a dummy file to replace the spyware. It tricks the KaZaA servers into thinking that it's the original file. It also excludes pop-ups, which is God. It does have built in banners say on the main 'Home' tab page, but that doesn't bother me much because I only use the 'Search' and 'Transfer' tabs anyways. Check it out: www.kazaalite.com.

rofl.. the irony. that URL SPAMS you with ads haha

Shik_forgotmypass
07-17-2002, 04:53 AM
eazy e no talent? heh no w ay....
I love nwa cos i think the main 3, dre cube eazy were 3 of the greatest rappers ever. Its hard to beat them even now, who else is there lol, tupac, snoop. thats about it.

anyway from that era of music, id rather listen to an eazy song than a dre or cube, but thats just me. It is a real shame the group split up so early~

Rika
07-17-2002, 06:07 AM
Scarface and Ghetto Boys OWNED nwa and still do. Scarface is the best rapper of all time =p sorry Shik =)

zagzal
07-17-2002, 06:30 AM
sorry rika Tupac is the greatest rapper of all time

Scareface is up there but tupac has him by a long shot.. check out these songs

My block.

Cause I had to.

ME and my girlfriend (if you don't get it he is talking about a gun)

Words to my First born

I can keep nameing them but it will be to many

Edit: I think Easy E had the "perfect" rapping voice. Easy E was my fav. but I liked them all, I grew up on NWA, but easy E went from gangsta, to pornstar want to be lol..

Nalas
07-17-2002, 08:31 AM
Bleh, well once you get through that Tari, then you're good to go |:

Rika
07-17-2002, 02:47 PM
I dont think tupac is even close to the top..
not even top 10. just my opinon tho.

Tarissa
07-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Out of the bunch, Cube was always a better rapper IMO. Easy lisp'd all the time, so does Ice-T, wth is with that. And Dre is just a producer who is trying to keep the bad ass image, but those days are gone anyway. He sort of hitches on to his latest protoges now and just goes with it (its funny how they both sort of feed each other -- look at me, I'm with eminem! hey i'm eminem look I'm with Dre!)

cubes records and lench mob records always seemed to be really good funk rap records. i like snoop, even though i'm not crazy about a lot of his newer stuff. it's crazy i don't own any nwa, and all of this stuff is just the really up front popular stuff.

i don't listen or buy rap anymore anyway. any new artists at least.

forgot to mention... i have a few tupac cds. he was prolific as hell, and a really good writer. i even like some of the stuff eminem writes. even though i'm not crazy about his style. good for those ker-a-zee suburban rich kids who are out of control, flipping the bronco their dad just bought them.

Eomer
07-17-2002, 05:01 PM
wtf Tarissa, my dad bought me a Probe, and I haven't flipped it :mad:

Shik_forgotmypass
07-18-2002, 12:19 AM
tupacs lyrics are masterful, to the rap world they are shakespear to the english literature world~

i like the porn star eazy lol, but like i said those 3 rappers together were so good, and cube and dre still are 2 of the best how many years later.

snoop is good with dre or pac but i dont like alot of his solo stuff.

also another rap god imo, is dmx, even tho i dont like the other people he is associated with.

Trygelan
07-18-2002, 01:27 AM
Kenthia - check out http://home.no.net/ayumi/index.htm. Has a very good listing of Ayu songs, not sure if it's compelete, but it's pretty darn good. :D Also has lyrics(both Romaji and English, if you REALLY want to know what she's saying.) ^_^

I really don't have many of the remixes and stuff from Ayu because I am still trying to get the orriginals of all the songs first(damn 56k modem that doesn't wanna work!) Once I get those I'll start delving into the remixes(though I already have some(got Unite! euro power mix among others, only one I could remember off the top of my head).)

I'll also look into seeing what I can find on Hal as well. (always looking for more jpop to add to my colletion.)

Nalas
07-18-2002, 04:09 PM
jpop....mmmmmmm weird |:

Strahd
07-19-2002, 10:17 AM
I like Rap =) f u Burnem!!! =D But I like mostly everything else too. I'm into beats more than lyrics, I don't care what people are saying in rap songs for the most part, and if I do, its because it makes me laugh =) annnyway... some things on my playlist....

AAF - Smooth Criminal *I like it damnit!*
Basement Jaxx - Romeo
Big Pun - Twinz
Bloodhound Gang - Boom
Coldplay - Trouble *big beat remix*
DDR - Stomp to my beat
Eiffel 65 - Now is Forever
Eminem - My dad's gone crazy
Fat Joe - Live my lifestyle
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Incubus - Summer Romance
Ja Rule - Extasy
Kottonmouth Kings - Killa Kali
Nas - The message
Quarishi - Baseline
etc etc etc... there are a ton more, but I listen to a lot of different stuff, I like some Jpop stuff too, just have an assy connection to the internet now and not worth the time it takes to download stuff.

Elkay
07-22-2002, 09:16 PM
Music is in the heart man. Having a soul of it's own - it gives words and thoughts to those unable to create them on their own. Music gives emotion where none was present. Whatever you listen to - if it makes you think...it is good.

I listen to (regularly)
Enya, Metalica, Filter, Quarishi, The Corrs, Johnny Cash, Missing Persons, Eminem, Abba, ELO, Bloodhound Gang (pretty when you're drunk...heh), (a collection of Mantra's - when smokin a lil dope), Bjork (when coding), Wayne Newton, Elvis, Elvis Costello, jean michelle jarre (from Oxygene to Rendezvous), Sasha, anything by the Mixer, pink floyd (grew up with dark side...but the wall still owns me), Iron butterfly (inagoddadavida babeee), The Outfield, Yello (Stella's cool, but I cant bring myself to listen to "Oh Yeah" one more time...so it's mostly Flag), and so many more it's pathetic...some mainstream, long-haired, dope-smoking, fm-listening, bubble-gum chewing pop and some so obscure as to make my wife say, "wtf do you get that shit?" (hi Orfolkjokpus)

-LK
p.s. wtf hello gunny :)

Guntak
07-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Everytime I listen to Gorillaz - 19-2000 I want to get up and dance like Steve Urkle, why?!?!!

Na na na na na na...

"There's a monkey in the jungle, watching a vapor trail..."

Vinilaa
07-23-2002, 07:25 AM
I forgot the coolest band ever!!! Dread Zepplin!!!

For those not familiar imagine Led Zepplin songs played to a reggae beat and an Elvis impersonator singing lead vocals.

Khael
07-23-2002, 07:29 AM
...and I thought Vini was cool there for a while... oh well :(

Vinilaa
07-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Khael
...and I thought Vini was cool there for a while... oh well :(

!

You just haven't heard Dread Zepplin. They are seriously hilarious. You just can't be in a bad mood listening to Dread Zepplin...

Lexoon
07-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Elkay
Quarishi

Omg own! Stick em up yo stick em up! Forgot to add them to my list, oh and I fucking forgot Goldfinger =( I feel terrible.

zagzal
07-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Gorrilaz is teh win!!

Nalas
07-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Gorillaz fucking sucks x10. :eek:

zagzal
07-24-2002, 04:22 PM
thanks lexxon WinMX is the shiz I click about a 100 songs b4 I go to sleep when I wake up bam got about 35-40 Its like napster (but more complicated) thanks much

Lexoon
07-24-2002, 06:45 PM
It's really easy unless you can't read or are totally computer illiterate. Every p2p sharing tool is like Napster, this one just happens to have more users. I personally like it a lot.

Eomer
07-24-2002, 11:26 PM
I tried Winmx for a bit, found it not too bad (although I don't think anything will ever come close to napster). My main problem with basically every P2P program that I have tried since Napster is that 99.9% of the users on them have FUCKING SHIT connections. I rarely d/l anything on Kazaa faster than 2kb/sec. It's a total joke. And that's after I have sorted according to connection speed.

That said, I haven't tried WinMX in awhile, so maybe it doesn't have that problem.

Poppa
07-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Dont forget about wesley whillis!

Mcpickle
07-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Poppa~ I might play again for 3 weeks after my classes this summer. I stopped playing EQ and getting a 4.0 so I might take a EQ break! I went to hastings and took a mechwarrior 2 tag for 4.99 and put it on a EQ game card 49.99 thing and bought it for 5 bucks haha from this soriority chick that was working the counter she didn't even look twice! I am so powah la~

:o
-Pickles

Poppa
07-29-2002, 08:33 PM
OK!

Mcpickle
07-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Where the hell did you get a pic that weird. I searched for hours once for a pic of a pickle for a sig and u find one just like that I so angry :(

Famor
07-30-2002, 10:07 AM
Eazy E did not have a good singing voice in NWA, he sounded like a kid who was 13 years old, I think you need to listen to the original CD when it first came out not the remade version when he was in his 20s.

DMX & Manson have some good songs together, probably the closest thing to rap I listen to nowadays, thank god DMX doesn't have a verse in any of it (with the exception of 1 song) he just does back up.

Exitilus
07-30-2002, 12:31 PM
No order ... listed by either when I remembered them (listening to nick cave as I write the list ... figures, no?) or when I saw them in my CD case / mp3 collection.

Absolute favorites marked with an asterix. (*)

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds*
-At The Gates
-Witchery
-The Haunted*
-The Beatles*
-Carcass (last two albums)
-The Cars
-Devin Townsend*
-Ocean Machine*
-Strapping Young Lad*
-Dissection*
-Opeth*
-Porcupine Tree* (yay tarissa! ... I could listen to them for aeons - well, most of their music, excluding voyage 34, ick)
-In Flames
-Dark Tranquillity
-Naglfar*
-Soilwork*
-System of a Down*
-Terror2000
-Arcturus*
-Ulver*
-Acid Bath*
-Aggaloch
-Agents of Oblivion
-Amorphis*
-Anathema*
-Apocolyptica
-Mercyful Fate*
-King Diamond
-Bloodbath
-Katatonia*
-Mr Bungle*
-Tomahawk*
-Tool
-Faith No More*
-The Crown (deathrace kings only)
-Cryptopsy
-Diabolical Masquerade (death's design only)
-Iced Earth
-Disharmonic Orchestra
-Dodheimsgard
-Thorns
-Emperor
-Edge of Sanity* (purgatory afterglow, infernal, spectral sorrows, and crimson)
-Entombed (left hand path)
-Green Carnation*
-In The Woods
-KMFDM
-Korova(kill)
-The Kovenant*
-Nokturnal Mortem
-Mortiis
-My Dying Bride
-Neurosis
-November's Doom
-Radiohead
-Satyricon
-Darkthrone (last three albums)
-Thy Serpent
-Sigh
-Skepticism
-The Tea Party
-Voivod
-Winds

... soo .. yeah .. . that's pretty complete.

Anyone else seeing System and Meshuggah on thursday?