PDA

View Full Version : history?

zagzal
07-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Do you guys have any history of the guild? who started? when did you start? How? why? Who are the orginal members? blah blah blah ...

I rember when I was a noob I saw a troll sk running to grobb and I never saw another person from hoss untill like lvl 45.

If you guys are to busy no problem but I think it would be cool to see sometype of history of your guild.

-zagzal

Tryss
07-11-2002, 09:11 AM
I believe Jimmy founded Hoss. He started it on Sol Ro and was not able to make the serversplit onto DRo.

Well, he is kind of bitter now.

Phaera
07-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Card has/had a really good post answering that. I *think* it's on the Druzzil Ro board somewhere. I'll have to look.

Tilea
07-11-2002, 09:45 AM
Well the TRUE Hoss history didn't begin until I joined last September, to be honest :)

zagzal
07-11-2002, 09:49 AM
thanks much for the quick answers =) Like I said I rember when i was about lvl 5-or 10 I heard of Hoss from a RL friend he got me started playing the game. He would say. "Hoss is so Uber you won't ever see any of them" (which was true btw)

I also rember when I was a noob me and friends would say stuff like" I bet a hoss druid and Hoss cleric could kite Cazic Thule and kill him" lol

Zarxen
07-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Lola, Torrid, Karendra, Syana, Sirensa, Cardinal, Storme would know much about the roots of this guild as a few others.

I remember when I was in seekers and we moved to Druzzil and Hoss moved around the same time( which was around the time druzzil just started) and we met a good deal of hoss members. They were very small at the time, but they were also very powerful and known to do things that were challenging with a small crew. I believe the raid crews they had consisted of 2 to 3 groups. Of those original members some have retired and some are still around . Atm I believe Cardinal, Lola and Storme are probably the oldest HOSS members that are still around. Edit and I think Karendra is playing again but I am not sure as I am not online:)

During the Kunark phase as ML and Seekers moved on to do things like Trakanon and VP. HOSS continued to do many server firsts admirably with once again small crews. They were the first to do things like Venril Sathir, the Queen in Chardok(As server firsts) and many others.

I could be corrected on a thing or 2 but I believe that's about right.

Vinilaa
07-11-2002, 10:32 AM
I copied this from our old site which used to be managed by Bewl.

"Hoss was founded on the Solusek Ro server shortly after the game went live. Its original members were friends who had met in previous games, primarily quake. for the first several months of final Hoss added members slowly, always staying a close knit group of friends. We prided ourselves on taking on challenges, on venturing into uncharted territory. We tried things with one or 2 groups that other people said you needed 4-5 for. Often we failed, but we learned, and often eventually persevered. Last summer (summer '99) it became apparent that in order to do some things in the game, Hoss would need to grow. Unfortunately that growth did not go well, and the guild fragmented. Many of the original members of Hoss reformed into a small guild. It was this group that moved to Druzzil Ro. Once here we added several friends from a guild we worked very closely with while back on Sol Ro, Phoenix. The Hoss that exists on Druzzil Ro is very different than the one that was founded in the spring of '99, but in many ways it remains the same. We are still a small group of friends. We still take pleasure in doing things with small numbers, not to prove anything, but because we see such challenges as the most exciting part of the game."

EDIT to my knowledge there was never a troll SK in Dru Ro Hoss until Buazag joined (and he wears blue!) :p We did have an awesome troll warrior named Xeet though!

zagzal
07-11-2002, 10:58 AM
I rember asking him this lol

"Hey come here I want to see what you look like. I heard you Hoss guys got better then Fine steal swords" He laughed at me. then I asked him what did he look like he said like a giant red meatball (full set of BE)

Zarxen
07-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Actually come too think of it, SK's were rare back then. I think Helminth and Vin were the only ones that I had known. Well and I knew leafweir a bit but other then that there wasn't many around back then. Nowadays there is quite a few.

Buazag Bonesteel
07-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Not too many people were willing to slog through the xp penalty of an sk and a troll combined. Once they did away with the class penalties and made a few changes our ranks swelled a bit.

I do wear blue and grey but went through the red meatball stage as well =o

Dharrk
07-11-2002, 11:48 AM
they are just figments of your imagination

Zarxen
07-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Yeah that's true the xp penalty made it rough and back then for some reason or another they weren't getting xp groups like some of the other classes. Actually there was another SK back then that used to hang with Vin a bit. I can't recall his name though been so long, not sure what happened to him though I guess he retired.

Anyway not to derail the topic or anything.

Karendra
07-11-2002, 12:19 PM
i think a incomplete list of those who were in "hoss" when we decided to movelog to dro is:
Alcadizaar(clera),Lola,Elyria,Aalenu(xeet),Cardina l(mona),Vido,Pickel,Aularas,Karendra,Lydia(edric), Lronius,Parak(old Parak).We added a few people we grouped with on Dro then and when some of our old friends from sol ro from Phoenix moved they got added as well.
we did stuff like Dracolich with 15 (pre kunark) and planeruns back since not much more was available.

zagzal
07-11-2002, 12:54 PM
All I have to say is the old school troll sk's . You guys should get an award =P I rember they said that you could get a 2 assling wars to 60 before you could get 1 troll sk to 60. I started 1 or 2 weeks after they took they sk penalty,

I know what some of you might think. " You made your class don't cry about it" but for the old school troll sk's, I salute. I don't really know any old school troll Sk's I can only name the troll sk's that are older then me.. Buazag, wavern, valgar,cript, and thats about it and I am not sure if they were 60 when they took hybrid cap off. But if you are a OLD school troll sk I take my hat off

Wyvern
07-11-2002, 03:28 PM
wasnt there a paladin with you who ebayed?

and how about that vox run!

Valthonis
07-12-2002, 01:10 PM
Strahd, Tolan(n), Greystorm, and Torrid also moved...

Altho I think Tolann quit 1-2 weeks after moving because he lost his original name upon moving (Tolan) and his account expired and he was deleted or he deleted (cause ive seen a Tolann running around)

Strahd comes and goes from what ive seen.

I could be completely wrong tho :|

Ubar
07-13-2002, 10:32 PM
I remember the day of the split I met Ely and Sirensa. Sirensa and I went on to become very good friends, Ely became an enchanter I instantly respected because of her knowledge / skills I experienced that day and through the conversations we had. Both are some of the best at there classes I have ever played with. My little bit of Hoss history :)

Ub

Fizbain
07-14-2002, 03:11 AM
Don't forget Averon =/ He's still a bish.

-Fiz

Rezz
07-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Hah, I remember day one of Kunark, I made a iksar warrior and was wandering around FoB, there must have been 20 iksar Sks with Dark Reavers and druid/shaman alts killing stuff there. Silly lizards =\

I had never even seen a female troll of any kind till I met wavern, no clue why xp penalties scared people so much. Valgar was like the first 60 Sk on the server too, crazy that it wasn't a human or dark elf. Not that human SKs were all that popular back then either, I can only think of one that was 55+ till shindar came along, somethin that started with a B. Full umbral and a soul leech, I was all impressed with him and Vinilaa. I remember asking her wtf was up with the darkforge bracer back shortly after Kunark release, then was enlightened to the wonders of Blood Ember~

Hybrids in general were kinda rare back then to my knowledge, but damn there was a ton of monks. My first groups in seb back then were like always a monk or two, and it was strictly bring your own group. 6pm pst on a friday and there was 6 people in the zone, Toska asking how well I could tank and then saying something like "oh, were trying gang with one group?" Funny stuff. I think every group I had in seb those days was like 2 monks actually.

Toska was the first Hoss type person I met, kept trying to get me to join when I was in the 3l33t Norrath's Untouchables, saying he'd be my spokesperson. Damn that was a long ass time ago. Wasn't there a ton of SoN members that joined Hoss at one point, I think when SoN shortened to just Seekers. That was the first time I started seeing Hoss tags in some zones, up till about then I had never even heard of ya'll.

Torrid
07-14-2002, 07:29 AM
I remember WAY back when I actually had to control myself so those ereet hoss types would let me tag along. Ah, those were the days.

Cardinal
07-17-2002, 12:33 PM
As far as the original orgins, Hoss was first a guild on Sol Ro formed by a bunch of then Quake and Total Annihilation players, Clan FLAG and Third battalion, maybe a dozen of us hung together when EQ went live, and when guilds became enabled a bit later formed HOSS name totally unplanned and without any set meaning at the time. Lord Insane, LROD, aka Lronius del la mancha (appropriately a rogue) was our first " guild leader " although we really never had formal leaders in practice ...

During these days we were a very small band. Lola the Paladin (yes the only char to survive to this day as a main), Vido the cleric (Vidmer of today), Brunen the Druid (Myztlee), Elyria the Chanter, Mona the Wizzie ( now Cardinal's port bish) and Lronius seemed to be a fairly steady group in the early days, along with a handful of others. There were a number of elite powergamers who somehow managed to tolerate our band and we gradually Borg'd them, of particular note were Alcadizzar (I still can't spell it) the uber ranger and eventually HOSS's go to guy , and Savak (the uber wizzie on Sol Ro). More came into the fold, Aularas (Drood of today..) Lasomb the Large (another wizzie) , Vendel (yet another wizzie ..) and so forth... We grew in reputation as being a very small guild who were able to do alot with far fewer numbers than would be expected. If we ever had more than 20 Hoss on at a time it was a true event !

Fast forward a bit and you come to the first name change, for some unfathomable reason, a GM decided that HOSS was a name in violation of Verants policy and MUST be changed, in someone's infinite wisdom and given 30 sec to come up with a new name, we became " Heroes of the Seven Suns " talk about screen spam. . . . don't ask me how that name came to be, it had even less meaning than HOSS did (thank god we didnt have titles then..). We continued to grow, saddly perhaps too big too fast, some less than desireable types had become guilded, and as has been our curse, we never gave anyone the boot, internal strife led the original HOSS and its core members to form " Forsaken Heroes " . It was easier to reform than to do a wholesale purge....

Sol Ro became massively overpopulated and the server split took place, Forsaken Heroes left for Druzzil, as did a large number from a guild named Phoenix. Once on Druzzil, Verant decided Hoss was not an improper name afterall and behold the guild as you now know it was formed. The Forsaken Heroes formed Hoss, joined quickly by many of the former members of Phoenix.

In the early days of Dru Ro, the massive guilds were Mythic Legion and Seekers of Norath. Hoss was still known as more of a finesse guild. We were but a fraction of the size of the other guilds, but still managed to rack up substantial achievements. Slowly, as people left Seekers, Hoss stealthily scarfed up the ones that fit and grew (or fermented depending on your perspective). As the months past we even let in former ML . . . (although that happened mostly during the period I was in retirement . . .)

Contrary to what most outside of Hoss probably believe, Hoss never has been a guild that pressured its members into unreasonable feats, never threatened people with deguilding unless they raided non-stop 24x7, we are not a jive-talking bunch of pre-pubescent toddlers without jobs or lives ;). I would guess that the average age of Hoss members is higher than people would expect, many of us have real jobs ! wives ! even children!

Oh well... enuf rambling

- Card

-----------
P.S.

Xeet was originally our only warrior (he was originally a DORF) , he subsequently was remade into a Troll shortly after I remade Alkae (then a 45 female Barb shammy) into a Troll (Aalenu musta thought it was a cool thing to do too....) , guess that was 3 months or so pre-Kunark?

... and yes there was a time where you could leave an equipped corpse, delete your char, recreate a new char with your old name, and loot your corpse. Of course you had to be pretty sick to toss all those levels away in order to change races/sex... but it was a rush wandering around Norath as a lvl 1 Troll shaman in full Fear gear with a naggy hammer...... Xeet was a Lusterous russet lvl 1 with a Bladestorm .... funny days ... we were the ultimate twinks!

-------------------------------------

Strahd
07-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Just to the old SK thing, some people would remember Sadar I would wager =) And dernit Karen, I moved with everyone else back in the day hehe. Thanks to Jodo for remembering =D And I am back again! Kinda sorta, just got back from Florida, but I'm busy trying to finally get 60, but hey I've only got 100 days played! =D

Storme
07-18-2002, 06:47 AM
I moved over with the split too! There were two of us who came who weren't Forsaken Heroes on Sol Ro. Me and Parak.

I moved originally because Alc moved and Hoss very generously took me in.

It was later that the Phoneix crew came over and other stragglers like Waright moved.

Lola
07-18-2002, 07:27 AM
Card's account is as accurate as I can recall.

As for the name change... when we created the guild in the first place, a few of us were paranoid that they wouldn't allow "Hoss" as a guildname, so when we set it up, we all pretended that it was an acronym, and asked for "HOSS". Solist dropped by to tag us in Upper Guk one fine day.

People in game would ask us what it stood for, and answers varied, I'm sure - I probably made up a few silly answers to people asking me that myself. But in reality, it didn't stand for anything - an acronym without meaning! Well, VI soon changed their policy re: guildnames. No acronyms allowed! And since we had foolishly advertised ours to be one, we were forced to come up with something, and fast.

I seem to recall we had more time than Card remembers, since we had a discussion about what we should change it to in IRC once, perhaps the GM gave us a day or two? Hmmm.

Anyhow, the rather wordy "Heroes of the Seven Suns" was the final decision. I hated it. I couldn't stand being Lola Whiteheart <Heroes of the Seven Suns>, so I was /anon as a rule for many months.

Storme
07-18-2002, 08:01 AM
God I remember Lola with this HUGE name above her head!

Don't let her fool you about the anon though. It was her ummm low standards for bestowing her 'favors' that caused her to do that! She was notorious on Sol Ro!

Sirensa
07-18-2002, 09:36 AM
Isn't it funny how Histories are remembered so differently. Something to keep in mind at least.

It seems so long ago that we were all on Solusek Ro - happily flaming away at various antagonists such as Banegrivm and Sorn on the infamous Sol Ro NAG boards!

From what I remember the Forsaken Heroes crew and the Phoenix crew were pretty tight in the final month or so before the split - working on Plane of Sky runs together and the occassional Fear/Hate run. When Forsaken Heroes moved to Druzzil it felt like part of my guild had left also. So when approached by some Phoenix and asked if I wanted to make the move also, I said wtf sure! So a bit after the split - Torrid, Maclir (Coral), Syana and I arrived on Druzzil's doorstep. Eventually followed again by other Phoenix members Slippy, Raedon, Samuel (we stole all the Phoenix rangers, rawr), Barlo, Clavicus, Aelia and I am probably forgetting a few. Waright and Ookep moved later also, but I can't remember what guilds they were in pre-server split.

I remember even before moving servers Aularas telling me about this vile Inky SK chick he met that he really liked.

I remember on the first day of Kunark, Lola dragging us all over Kunark and back, determined to find Lower Guk 2 (aka Sebilis) and being in complete awe at how huge the zones were. And how deadly... after dying viciously in Fironia Vie. I think eventually, the other evil, Cardinal, had to tank some guards so I could loot myself up after a couple deaths.

I remember not hating Mythic Legion, although they were quite spammerific in the early Sebilis days, however, that very much might have just been Rhedd. I remember saying hell no I don't want that loud obnoxious Dorf to become a member of Hoss! He's annoying as hell. Just goes to show.. not everyone is how you percieve them before you get to know them, as Rhedd came to be a good friend in later months. (Though I would never admit it - FU Dorf!!)

There were always two groups in Hoss.. those that wanted to level up quickly and those that wanted to explore and suck up new content as quickly as possible. It was the combination of the two I think that helped turn Hoss into the great guild that it is.

I remember Storme sending me a tell, first week of Kunark, that Alc had spend HOURS getting that first bubble in level 51 and then died, and could I please come to Karnors to rezz, because taking an unrezzed death post 50 was nothing like it had been in the past. I had been in Lower Guk at the time (which is where I had first met Sachiiel, maybe level 43 or so at the time - but still quite vile) and making the trek to Karnors with Leaffy. And it was EMPTY. 1 group in Karnors castle - mostly dead. What a scary place that was.

I remember later on, happily grinding out experience points on Raptor Island with the AFK Jordell singing at my side, listening in guildchat as a group of Hoss in Karnors wondered "hey, wonder whats down this hole?" They then proceeded to jump down the Hole - and die. I laughed hysterically - but it's that pioneering spirit that helped form the backbone that, while sometimes hidden, shaped what Hoss has become today.

I could go on and on for hours - but most people don't read the really long posts anyways :D

So that's the history of Hoss post-druzzil split as I remember it!

Cardinal
07-18-2002, 10:30 AM
.. Hey , I remember jumping down that hole in Karnors!

Vileness! so that was you cackling in the distance!!!

- Card

Storme
07-18-2002, 11:38 AM
I really appreciated you coming to do that rez for Alc. He wouldn't ask for himself and he had worked so hard to gain that experience.

I remember how many times you died in Overthere falling into the ravine, having no SoW and dying from the hostile stuff that seemed everywhere in Kunark. It was really hard on you to be a dark elf among such light ones.

I remember Hyth's first introduction to FV. The group of 6 of us transported by Hyth's shiny new spell made our way to the elftown, only to have our friend killed right before our eyes.

So many, many memories....

Sirensa
07-18-2002, 11:51 AM
I remember how many times you died in Overthere falling into the ravine, having no SoW and dying from the hostile stuff that seemed everywhere in Kunark. It was really hard on you to be a dark elf among such light ones.
This event was erased from my memory due to the complete suckiness that it was. :D

Tilea
07-18-2002, 01:04 PM
"I remember not hating Mythic Legion, although they were quite spammerific in the early Sebilis days, however, that very much might have just been Rhedd. I remember saying hell no I don't want that loud obnoxious Dorf to become a member of Hoss! He's annoying as hell."

HAHAHA

And naturally you stole all of their Rangers, Siren. I keep telling everyone that Rangers are the key to success but nobody listens :|

Karendra
07-18-2002, 01:13 PM
I remember siren being a VILE halfling cleric!!!
and some gnome cleric NOT being happy if it got munched a bit:/

Strahd
07-18-2002, 01:57 PM
Hahha siren, I was in the crew with Hyth when she got waxed =( Boy those were the days, I also remember our first kill in Karnors and it was a Jaundiced Bone helmet I do believe... we were extatic!

Zarxen
07-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Those "MYTHIC followed by "LEGION" shouts in every zone were pretty amusing =P

Vinilaa
07-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Zarxen
Those "MYTHIC followed by "LEGION" shouts in every zone were pretty amusing =P

hahaha I'd almost forgotten about those!

Zarxen
07-18-2002, 02:04 PM
Heh I thought that is what Sirensa was referring too more or less, in a indrect way =)

Phaera
07-18-2002, 02:15 PM
*sniff* I miss the good ole days. :( I remember Strahd laughing at me because I spent a whole 20 mins trying to get up the GD tunnel in Chardok! And when Siren and Sach were identical twins. :p and Sirensa being a halfling was cute :p All sorts of crazy chit! Me and Vin's tankette squad... Hehe :o

Rika
07-18-2002, 04:32 PM
I blame alc for getting me waxed in FV. Thanks to Strahd for the revive =p took me only about 20 mins of Kunark to lose level 51 and eat a unressed death.

And i do believe one of the first things we did was head right to BW and get a couple gem encrusted rings hehe...

And my memory is very messed up from the first couple days of kunark.. And i will never forget raptor island.. and what happened that morning after me, lron, leaffy, bonain and alc had been playing for 24hrs straight. Lydia was there, it was so weird. did not know what to do when i heard that news, it came about 5 mins after i logged. In such shock i just logged back on eq.. Almost like i needed a dose of something =/ and ive still never returned to normal.

Sirensa
07-18-2002, 04:42 PM
I remember that ch00 :( *hugs*

You may still be messed up, but we'll always love you! :)

Rhedd
07-18-2002, 04:51 PM
For the record, I would like to say I AM NEVER LOUD, OBNOXIOUS OR UGLY thanks =\

Ps. FU Sirensa

Nalas
07-18-2002, 04:55 PM
I believe you, Rhedd :\

Lronius de la Mancha
07-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Lord Insane, LROD, aka Lronius del la mancha (appropriately a rogue*) was our first " guild leader " although we really never had formal leaders in practice ...

I wasn't the leader per se. I was just the one who was not lazy enough to write up a guild charter (yes you had to state your guilds purpose on release). I was made the guild leader in title only due to the fact i e-mailed and harassed verant about making the guild. Back then Verant was very name nazi (More so than now) and it was regarded that Hoss would not be accepted. So we came up with a back up name on it (which I created) Heroes of the Seven Suns. The guild was created as HOSS. Of course being "guild leader" meant anyone asking to join got directed to me. Fucksticks!

So we were <HOSS> for awhile then Solist (the GM) came up to me one day in Cazic Thule and asked to talk to me. He said that Verant had reviewed guild names recently and they found our name and realized it was labeled an Acronym, and that we couldnt have it. So I asked about <Hoss>, he said no since they would still view it as such. So I told him I would get back to him on it, day later after talking to everyone I responded that we would change our name. Then a few weeks before Kunark came out we Xfered from Sol Ro to Druzzil Ro. Upon landing on new grounds every guilds name was b0rk. This time we got <Hoss>

We had a few alternate nicknames from people who didn't like us, Homos of Solusek Server being one of them.

Alcadizzar (I still can't spell it) the uber ranger and eventually HOSS's go to guy , and Savak (the uber wizzie on Sol Ro). More came into the fold, Aularas (Drood of today..) Lasomb the Large (another wizzie) , Vendel (yet another wizzie ..)

Savak and Vendel were day 1 release Hoss people. They were not powergamers we picked up. They were also apart of the quakers that had come across. Both of them had also been beta testers and got a lot of the others interested in playing EQ.

When we started being high enough level to roll lguk Lasomb had taken us on a few excursions with Alcadizaar. We, back then, had not really heard of lower guk. Lasomb was not in a guild when we first met him, but then me and Savak kept harassing him to join us. When Lasomb joined we then started to work on Alcadizaar and crew (Thazul, Tolan, Xeet aenthar, yatreny). One weekend while 2 group raiding (hoss and alcs) we decided to guild everyone for ease of communication. This brilliant idea (yours truly) ended up perma guilding some of them. Yatreny was the only one not to survive. The only downside was some of our friends from irc didn't like the new people in the guild without being told about it and this caused one of Hoss' first drama episodes (the very first one being ermac trading a bbc for a set of ring for him and rk). Some people stopped playing, but otherwise we kept on moving forward. Eventually we became the first guild to take the Ghoul Lord with 1 group, then the first guild only raid of nag, then the first vox, and as you can tell our list of firsts kept growing from there.

Alcadizaar helped us a lot tho, with friends from the Rathe server he was able to help us keep a knowledgeable edge over everyone on the server. Without his help in the beginning not sure how far we would of ever come. He, in my opinion, used his knowledge to keep us going forward with new challenges.

We've always been doing things smaller and better than everyone else. From doing Ghoul Lord with 1 group (when everyone elsed used 3-4) to 1 group fear raids (hah i miss that). We've always strived for perfection in a sense, while keeping the guild a friendly atmosphere and more of a casual yet challenging environment. People used to admire our closeness with envy in the way we play and interacted. Which caused a lot of people to want to join.

I'm sure I could write a novel on the history of hoss, including all the blemishes from Day 1 Release to 5 months before Velious (when I finally quit (which was like quit #4 or something))

One of the biggest catalysts for Hoss falling apart on Sol Ro tho was when I (in a fit of anger) gave Leadership over to Elyria (which then somehow transfered enough hands to be in Davans hands (rofl)) and left, then soon after "the core" of hoss left as well. It was then the game started really becoming loot driven, our guild wasnt' a place of fun anymore. Plus we had a lot of bad elements in the guild. In hindsight I definately should of just regulated and removed said elements. But as everyone knows, when I get mad about something I tend to not think and do really dumb shit.

Ah well. =)

* appropriately a rogue: hah. says the lawyer =)

Oh yeah, how can you forget to spell alcadizaars name. Must be old age =/

Bullhonkie
07-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Homos of Solusek Server

Hey I made that up! I was just dicking around with you one time in North Ro I think it was, this was before I had gotten guilded. I was like, yeah you guys are the Homos of Solusek Server. :p

But as everyone knows, when I get mad about something I tend to not think and do really dumb shit.

Oh hella yeah. You never learn. :D

Strahd
07-18-2002, 06:36 PM
I remember being told about the "badassness" of backstab when lrod was lvl 10 and I was lvl 9 in ecom... we were killing asps and he even then was telling me to taunt!!! hehe.. and also he wanted healed of the poison. Good lord cure poison was ass =) Alc should recall me pestering him for info about the BBC, I pestered him so god damn much hahah =) Damn the anti-camp code... hahahah. Oh god Phae, I forgot about that, but its vivid now, you poor thing hah.

and this is for old Sol Ro people....

OMG GOKOU LVLED?! WTG GOKOU!

Riccee
07-18-2002, 08:12 PM
wow, what a nice stroll down memory lane..who rememberse ricceee huh uh!? GIVE ME ATTENTION TO PLS ;o

Fuqyomama

Rika
07-18-2002, 08:15 PM
I remember you when you were a total newb, i felt sorry for you with hyth when you gave me some sob story about your brother or something getting banned... so think i gave you some crap shaman items..

Rika
07-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Ok ok so considering you were a iksar shaman you prolly just looked like a noob cuz they dont look that cool. ANd being an iksar back then who knows how new you really were, so that was harsh, but be happy you got some attention didnt ya?

Riccee
07-18-2002, 08:26 PM
i think i need a hug now : (

Riccee
07-18-2002, 08:27 PM
btw

me > jay

*get on aim more often you tward*

Lronius de la Mancha
07-19-2002, 02:12 PM
Oh hella yeah. You never learn. :D

haha yeah =/

It's that raging towelhead blood in me. I see red and all common sense flies out the window.

Strahd muh boy! Thems were the days.

<Font size="72" color="red"><b><i>FUCK YOU MY CROOK</b></i></font>

Rhedd
07-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Thanks Nalas!

Cardinal
07-19-2002, 05:41 PM
... yes but... Savak and Vendel did not guild immediately, they were both way ahead on levels and while letting us hang with them a bit, took a while to actually get guilded.... we couldnt even get exp whilst in groups with Savak for some time. . .

-Card

Nalas
07-19-2002, 06:06 PM
:D :D :D

Ubar
07-20-2002, 08:40 AM
If were going into the Kunark days, those bring back a lot of memories. Most memorable were the two XP grps in seb at the time, was a big deal to be there. Seb was hardcore back in the day. Well two XP grps and then a hoss barb war and hoss shaman, (couldve been karen but I dont think so, the names elude me atm.). The first grp was mine, which was me bodhi mutt nipp obudan and bodhi's shaman bubkab. We had a blast exploring seb. Was good fun, the other grp was led by Drakky (I think) and had ely in it maybe sirensa? Cant remember totally, just remember how nice Seb was back in the day with only our two grps in it. That was the win. We would help each other if one wiped or something, was totally fun. I remember the first time we did the shroom king in a 6 too, omfg we were on top of the world. Getting so many robes off grup that we would just let them rot, getting bitched at in seekers gsay because we were letting them rot, ah the memories. Doing the 50-60 grind was a fun time, I remember quitting for 2 weeks because 59 was such a bitch, then coming back and finishing it in 2 days. Man the memories, good times.

Phaera
07-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Edric and Lydia, Ubie.

And I recall hearing about the bitching in gsay about you guys' "leet group" and letting stuff rot or go on twinks. :p

Twong
07-20-2002, 03:49 PM
hasted super krups with two weapons was alot of fun in seb.

Of course until my charm broke and got us all killed...

Twing tells the group, "oh shit"
LOADING PLEASE WAIT...

I know i got andaas, nuuk, sirensa, drakky, sach, and hammur killed many time with my charmed pets. I know when they saw my pet sitting there with 2 weaps, they all let out a collective "that ass is gonna get us killed again..."

to much fun

:D

I got ubar killed alot, but that was intentional

:D

belegir
07-20-2002, 10:43 PM
I played on Sol Ro and later came to Druzzil during the 1st Fist of Light stealth move (gotta love it). I remember running around Unrest at level 18 or so with my wood elf ranger Belegir and a server message was blasted out saying something to the effect of "The Heros of the Seven Suns have slain Lady Vox far off in her icy lair".....I was like "whoa, now thats cool epic fantasy gaming...who are these guys?"

That was my biggest memory of HOSS on Sol Ro. I also remember all the board battles between a monk named Sorn and a HOSS member named Lola back on solro.net or whatever board that was that Kanis from Dealers of Death ran. I'm not a butt kisser but from my early experiences in EQ I always saw HOSS as cutting edge, tight knit, and top end. They left quite a impact on the early days of the Sol Ro server and I always thought they were the classy ones in all the board battles between them and Paradigm. Paradigm were always jerks it seemed and the HOSS people always seemed down to earth if you talked to them (to us less than uber sol ro'ers).

I dont mean to dig up any dirt, but as an old school Sol-Ro'er thats how I saw it, and thats my call on it.

I can be a lippy opinionated guy and I've clashed on boards with people in HOSS (and other people in other guilds for that matter) that I didnt care for, and im sure the feeling was mutual. But in my opinion as an outsider that has loosely followed the guild from when I played on Sol Ro to when I arrived on Druzzil I must say I'm impressed with the guild's path from the early days on Sol Ro to the current day on Druzzil. When I fully quit EQ and look back on my EQ experience, about the servers I was on, what was going on, etc etc HOSS will always stand out as the penultimate guild on the servers I played on (even if I dont agree with waking the sleeper, in the end it doesnt matter)...back when I heard that really cool Vox message on Sol Ro that woke me up to the fact that there was some cool and fun stuff ahead for me in the game, to the current stuff the guild is doing here on Druzzil despite all the horrendous time sinks. Keep up the tradition and the rep.

LOL and no this isnt some cheesy kiss up that will be followed by a "I wanna join" post in several weeks. Just random thoughts from a guy who has played EQ since day 1 and been on the same server(s) as HOSS since that time...and would like to give some honest deserved props.

ps. I do remember back on Sol Ro when I saw Deadpool with a "Heros of the Seven Suns" tag. I was like WTF is the world coming to?

vegu
07-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Sssssssorn :D

Lronius de la Mancha
07-22-2002, 03:08 AM
lol bel. Thanks for the compliment.

That was under Davan when we all left and became forsaken heroes before the server xfer. Definately would not of guilded him out of normality.

Sirensa
07-22-2002, 08:57 AM
hahaha Twong I remember your stupid hasted pets. And when charm would break and they'd whip my ass with those weapons from Howling Stones.. THANKS :D

We died once.. and I remember going back later that night and having to kill your stupid dual wielding frog in the chef area of Seb. I retrieved your *pet* weapons and brought them back to you with a rude gesture!!

/rude Twing !!

Ubar
07-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Hahaha I remember the charmed super pets, those were badass for exp grps. You could so tear shit up. Those were the days. I remember killing twong and sirensa many times, but it was also intentional. I miss working with twong0r. Remember me you and hammy destroying PoM twong ? ;o